Michael Bisping on past losses to drug cheats: ‘There’s a little bit of sour grapes’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Michael Bisping on past losses to drug cheats: ‘There’s a little bit of sour grapes’ - MMA Fighting

Michael Bisping fought 13 times in the years between 2008 and early-2013, the stretch of his career which will ultimately go down as his prime. Of those 13 fights, Bisping won nine. The other four contests saw Bisping fall short in title eliminators against men who would later admit to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) usage, pop dirty for banned substances, or dabble in a little bit of both.

So it's fair to say few fighters have been so tangentially affected by the PED problem in MMA quite like Bisping, the once-divisive Brit who at 36 years old has slowly evolved into the elder statesmen of the middleweight division.

However the sport's landscape now is a far different one than the free-for-all Bisping rose up in. Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre's retirement ignited a discussion on PEDs that shows no sign of slowing, and for that Bisping is grateful....

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
It is a weird what if scenario for Bisping if there was no such thing as PEDs. It is possible he had a shot at being the 185 Champion. The same for Franklin, we might have been saying Rich was the GOAT if Silva never had a career resurgence - assuming of course that he was using all along. Which I am not saying he was.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Bisping would be starring in the fast and furious movies and teaming up with the rock at wrestle mania if it wasn't for those pesky drugs

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Hated him for the longest time but actually like and respect the guy now the more I think about it.....hated koscheck for the longest time but woke up one day and realized if I hate you, I actually appreciate you because you make things interesting, just saying.......

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Couldnt stand him at first. Love him now.
Totally my thoughts.
I remember being SO HAPPY when Sonnen said, "If Michael Bisping ever addresses me in public again I'll bury him where he stands" lol

But really, with some losses and wins the guy has become a decent fighter and always has something pretty insightful to say about the sport.
Maybe we just didn't like the UFC pushing a new mid-tier fighter so hard?

MoomBah

Posting Machine
Feb 16, 2015
I remember watching a Rampage interview a while back when he was criticized by Bisping for taking TRT...his response to it was 'he shouldnt talk' (paraphrasing) implying he knows something about Bisping that we all dont. Ever since that interview i cant take Bispings stance on drugs seriously.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I remember watching a Rampage interview a while back when he was criticized by Bisping for taking TRT...his response to it was 'he shouldnt talk' (paraphrasing) implying he knows something about Bisping that we all dont. Ever since that interview i cant take Bispings stance on drugs seriously.
Rampage got high on energy drinks and killed a baby....dude's a little out there sometimes. I'm suspect of anything he claims without proof.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Totally my thoughts.
I remember being SO HAPPY when Sonnen said, "If Michael Bisping ever addresses me in public again I'll bury him where he stands" lol

But really, with some losses and wins the guy has become a decent fighter and always has something pretty insightful to say about the sport.
Maybe we just didn't like the UFC pushing a new mid-tier fighter so hard?
I just didn't like him because I thought he was an arrogant ass...but he's grown on me lol. He's a pretty intelligent guy that just speaks him mind, and I can respect that.

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I've seen this man times when ever Bisping / PEDS comes up.

I always thought Rampages comments were alluding to recreational drug use.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Really? The irony being that there is nothing Rampage says that can be taken seriously. In fact more and more every time he speaks, and I was a huge fan.

Now I just want to see him beat up and quieted for a change.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
He seemed to be implying recreational drug use to me. Which wouldn't be surprising since Cocaine use is massive the the UK, a long with Ecstasy, and of course weed. Bisping likes to party and is a club DJ, I would be very surprised if he hadn't at least tried coke or disco smarties.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Guess getting cooked by one Arm by Rockford after talking maf shit boy how he worked Luke in training...I take him as serious as I did him calling himself the uncrowned Strikeforce Champ...Him and Munoz can go be in the same boat...them again atleast Munoz beat Maia..

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Guess getting cooked by one Arm by Rockford after talking maf shit boy how he worked Luke in training...I take him as serious as I did him calling himself the uncrowned Strikeforce Champ...Him and Munoz can go be in the same boat...them again atleast Munoz beat Maia..
Headbutt changed that fight.