Michael Bisping sees Robert Whittaker as a 'more worthy contender' for his title than Yoel Romero

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It's likely never going back to normal. I had the same thing done and I have very little usable vision from that eye. May as well bank a few more million before calling it quits.
ya ok that makes sense..he is in the drivers seat...I am just sad for that eye
for real

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
LOL what is that...holy shit yoel just got scarier...gay jesus possessed right thur
I forget which post fight interview it is.
But agreed if I had a belt I'd just give it to the man no questions.
Edit: it was ufc 205

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
He's scared to death of romero, and I don't blame him. Romero is the baddest dude in that division.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Bisping is right that Romero is a dirty fighter. Between stoolgate, roiding and his cage grabs against Jacare, he deserves the penance of waiting. Throw in gay Jesus and him getting last crack at the belt is no tragedy.

GSP needs to get injured just so we can all enjoy Bisping getting his ass kicked...oh wait, that's going to happen anyhow. Stay healthy Georges!

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
GSP needs to get injured just so we can all enjoy Bisping getting his ass kicked...oh wait, that's going to happen anyhow. Stay healthy Georges!
It will be a 5 round decision.....that is for sure.

It should main event so it saves me 25+ minutes of my life that would have been otherwise lost.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Bisping is right that Romero is a dirty fighter. Between stoolgate, roiding and his cage grabs against Jacare, he deserves the penance of waiting. Throw in gay Jesus and him getting last crack at the belt is no tragedy.
Romero grabbed the cage against Jacare?

I never noticed it and Im usually the first one to stand up, point my finger, and start yelling when it happens.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So you want character to dictate title shots now? Are you a fan of Bones Jones? I'm not disagreeing with any of the actions by Yoel but to stay he deserves to sit because BJM and others lost control between rounds, roiding (which he was "cleared" lol just like Jon), cage grabs which many many fighters have done and should be viewed as an equal foul like eye pokes and crotch shots ( again Jon and many other) is crazy IMO.

Title shots need to be based off merit and nothing more. I want to see the best fighters matched up and Yoel is in that discussion.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Yoel should fight Bobby Knuckles on a Fight Night, winner gets GSP.

Or Bisping, if GSP gets run over by a Zamboni or something.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
So you want character to dictate title shots now? Are you a fan of Bones Jones? I'm not disagreeing with any of the actions by Yoel but to stay he deserves to sit because BJM and others lost control between rounds, roiding (which he was "cleared" lol just like Jon), cage grabs which many many fighters have done and should be viewed as an equal foul like eye pokes and crotch shots ( again Jon and many other) is crazy IMO.

Title shots need to be based off merit and nothing more. I want to see the best fighters matched up and Yoel is in that discussion.
There's character in the cage and character outside it, particularly character that impacts the outcome of fights and makes you a contender in the first place. If the sitting champ doesn't want to reward a serial cheater with first crack at the belt, I have no problem with it.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
There's character in the cage and character outside it, particularly character that impacts the outcome of fights and makes you a contender in the first place. If the sitting champ doesn't want to reward a serial cheater with first crack at the belt, I have no problem with it.
IMO serial cheater is pretty harsh unless you want to lump in all kinds of fighters to it as well (Jones being up there with habitual eye pokes and not always being super classy in his wins) I don't put all the blame on Yoel for stool gate, we have officials controlling the cage for a reason. Also this isn't first crack. Mikes already been gifted his first defense in an old Hendo who IIRC wasn't even top ten ATM. Now it's Layoff GSP the WW, what more can you hand a current champ?

Either way I think it's crazy to use these issues as reasoning to fight others. If there's a source showing Bisping is on the same page as you (saying he doesn't want to fight Yoel because he's a cheater) than he needs to stop telling the fans that he's never turned down a fight every chance he gets. He ducked Whittaker and is choosing to fight anything that isn't a top 5 MW.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Well, one thing we do know is the rankings are shit.

Romero got popped, is a dirty fighter, should fight another fight to prove he can fight clean, yeah, I mean also litterally clean (shorts). Luke rockhold, where is he? he is not active, this division has too many talents that are serious about fighting for the belt (Whitaker/Mousasi) to wait for Luke to decide to fight again.

Weidman is done. Souza, unfortunately lost his chance for a shot. Who is Jotko? lol

Belfort is done.

Anderson Silva had his chance against Bisping and fucked it up (again his ego).

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Well, one thing we do know is the rankings are shit.

Romero got popped, is a dirty fighter, should fight another fight to prove he can fight clean, yeah, I mean also litterally clean (shorts). Luke rockhold, where is he? he is not active, this division has too many talents that are serious about fighting for the belt (Whitaker/Mousasi) to wait for Luke to decide to fight again.

Weidman is done. Souza, unfortunately lost his chance for a shot. Who is Jotko? lol

Belfort is done.

Anderson Silva had his chance against Bisping and fucked it up (again his ego).
Fully agree rankings are shitty but it's the only thing fighters and fans can point to with minimal reasoning on match making. If Yoel is too dirty to fight for the title then the same should be extended to Jones and any other fighter that's been cleared after pissing hot.

Yoel and Jacare should've both fight for the title by now but for all kinds of reasons it just not happening. I just can't get on board with holding guys back based on character as stated above.