Michael Bisping vs. Kelvin Gastelum targeted as new UFC Shanghai main event

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
That's pretty surprising and a tough match for Mike

I'll take Mike to win but this is not an easy fight

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Wow big huge balls there. I actually have a feeling bisping is doing this to gauge where he is at right now. Lose this fight and it's retire, win this fight and you are still up there and can even say give me a rematch.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
Bisping wants to get back in the win column after a tough loss against GSP, I like it

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
What in the absolute fuck? He got dropped hard, was getting absolutely smashed with elbows - an argument can be made it should have been stopped - and then he was choked completely unconscious.

How is he not medically suspended? And even still, it's gross negligence letting him fight regardless.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Wow big huge balls there. I actually have a feeling bisping is doing this to gauge where he is at right now. Lose this fight and it's retire, win this fight and you are still up there and can even say give me a rematch.
It will be very detrimental to his legacy if he loses. Lose to two WWs in a row, then it becomes very hard to argue against those who say he was a fluke MW champion.

And this will happen, especially under the circumstances. Bisping doesn't have the style to exploit Kelvin's lack of size. Kelvin by KO.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Didn't see this one coming...
Nothing like being retired by a guy on a veterans tour in a country you have no association with just off the back of a massive main event fight.

Mike is a doughnut. CTE is a bitch

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
Bispings the man. But this fight shouldn't even be considered. He's just been knocked down by GSP, surely he can't be medically cleared?

Coast

Oct 18, 2017
Which is what makes him so awesome.
Bisping is my favourite fighter, has been since TUF 3. I fully agree, he is awesome. But this is also a no win situation for him, if he loses people say he lost to a blown up WW, for the second time in row. If he wins people say he beat a blown up WW.

Only positive thing going into the fight is that he has trained for a similar fighter in GSP, although I think Kelvin is a bit more crafty with his stand up and movement.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Bisping is my favourite fighter, has been since TUF 3. I fully agree, he is awesome. But this is also a no win situation for him, if he loses people say he lost to a blown up WW, for the second time in row. If he wins people say he beat a blown up WW.

Only positive thing going into the fight is that he has trained for a similar fighter in GSP, although I think Kelvin is a bit more crafty with his stand up and movement.
That's a stretch though, the near KO followed by the choke out isn't an ideal camp finisher. Plus making weight again can't be a great time

Coast

Oct 18, 2017
That's a stretch though, the near KO followed by the choke out isn't an ideal camp finisher. Plus making weight again can't be a great time
Well exactly, Bispings probably been on piss for the last week. He'll have some work to do to get back down.