Michael Chandler, Patricio Freire meet in superfight at Bellator 221

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Michael Chandler is set to put his lightweight title on the line against featherweight champion Patricio “Pitbull” Freire on May 11, ESPN reported Thursday morning. The event takes place at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois.

Chandler and Freire have gone back and forth for years, especially after Chandler beat Freire’s brother Patricky Freire for the vacant lightweight title in 2016. But the pair of champions have yet to run into each other in the cage, mostly because they are titleholders in separate weight classes and have been defending their respective belts.

Michael Chandler, Patricio Freire meet in superfight at Bellator 221

T

The Big Guy

Not a real superfight but ok. Chandler probably wins and the toxoplasmosis infected brothers keep acting overly aggressive. Chandler keeps his reign on a shallow division

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Not a real superfight but ok. Chandler probably wins and the toxoplasmosis infected brothers keep acting overly aggressive. Chandler keeps his reign on a shallow division
I got Pitbull. In his career, he's lost split decisions to Joe Warren, Pat Curran, and a unanimous decision to Daniel Straus. He avenged the losses to Curran and Straus and would have with Warren if they'd ever rematched. His only other loss was the broken leg loss to Benson, a fight he was winning otherwise.

T

The Big Guy

I got Pitbull. In his career, he's lost split decisions to Joe Warren, Pat Curran, and a unanimous decision to Daniel Straus. He avenged the losses to Curran and Straus and would have with Warren if they'd ever rematched. His only other loss was the broken leg loss to Benson, a fight he was winning otherwise.
I agree hes good but unless he finishes chandler i see him getting outgrappled.

Speaking of curran im excited for him vs aj mckee. Aj has been moved along slowly. Coker does a good job building prospects