Michael Johnson to face Benson Henderson in 'TUF 21' finale

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Michael Johnson has been asking for a high-profile bout at lightweight, and it looks like he's getting his wish.

According to a report by MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani, Johnson will go toe-to-toe with former lightweight champion Benson Henderson at "The Ultimate Fighter 21" finale at some point in June.

Johnson is currently riding a four-fight winning streak, with his last victory coming against feared striker Edson Barboza at UFC Fight Night 61 in February.

One of the top 155-pounders on the planet, Henderson moved up to welterweight to face Brandon Thatch at UFC Fight Night 60. Despite being dwarfed by Thatch, Henderson showed off superior cardio and slick grappling, submitting "Ruckus" via rear-naked choke in the fourth round of their main-event bout.

theScore

P

Punch

Tough task ahead for the young Mr. Johnson. Should be a decent bout. I see a lot of grappling happening.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I see this as a no lose situation for Johnson. Huge test ahead of him and as long he doesn't get finished in the first 2 he's earning big respect. Should be a great fight. I'm loving how Ben is staying active and taking good fights.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Love this fight. Think Benson takes it. Johnson is a stud, but this new Benson is better (in my opinion).