Michael Johnson vs Beneil Dariush set for UFN 74

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
michael-johnson-ufc-fight-night-611[1].jpg
A lightweight bout between Michael Johnson (16-8 MMA, 8-4 UFC) and Beneil Dariush (11-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) is the latest addition to August’s UFC Fight Night 74 lineup.

UFC officials today announced the fight via FOXSports.com.

UFC Fight Night 74 takes place Aug. 8 at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. The card is expected to air on FOX Sports 1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass.

Johnson vs. Dariush, which features the No. 10- and No. 15-ranked fighters in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA lightweight rankings, will likely be part of the main card.

Johnson, a 29-year-old who first joined the UFC after a runner-up finish on “The Ultimate Fighter 12,” has moved into title contention with his current four-fight winning streak. The victories have come over a string of notables and proven vets: Edson Barboza, Melvin Guillard, Gleison Tibau and Joe Lauzon.
Continued at: Michael Johnson vs. Beneil Dariush slated for UFC Fight Night 74 in Nashville | MMAjunkie

This is a great fight and the winner deserves a title eliminator fight.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
hmmm..Dairush is great but MJ deserves top 3 fight..
I would have agreed, but Pettis and Nurmy are injured, Cerrone is next in line for a title shot, Melendez is booked vs Alvarez, Bendo is moving up to Welter, Jury and Barboza are booked to fight, and Thomson is booked with Tony Ferguson. That's the whole top 10. So the winner of this vs the winner of Alvarez-Melendez would be a good title eliminator. There is also the Jury-Barboza fight, but I just don't feel like they have the steam behind them to warrant a title eliminator, but that could change with a great performance, or two.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I would have agreed, but Pettis and Nurmy are injured, Cerrone is next in line for a title shot, Melendez is booked vs Alvarez, Bendo is moving up to Welter, Jury and Barboza are booked to fight, and Thomson is booked with Tony Ferguson. That's the whole top 10. So the winner of this vs the winner of Alvarez-Melendez would be a good title eliminator. There is also the Jury-Barboza fight, but I just don't feel like they have the steam behind them to warrant a title eliminator, but that could change with a great performance, or two.
lol you got great points...didn't realize all the top guys are booked...Man I wish Ill will and Gaethje were in the mix..both of them would be top 10

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Cerrone dropping hints that he doesn't want to wait until December to fight. With that list ^^ idk who he can ask to fight, maybe Masvidal if he doesn't get injured and has a win in July. I think the way Don Dada fights will bring out the old Strikeforce Masvidal, knees and elbows Masvidal.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Cerrone dropping hints that he doesn't want to wait until December to fight. With that list ^^ idk who he can ask to fight, maybe Masvidal if he doesn't get injured and has a win in July. I think the way Don Dada fights will bring out the old Strikeforce Masvidal, knees and elbows Masvidal.
Cerrone vs Masvidal would be a war.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If the gave Masvidal that kind of bump Iaquinta would lose his mind and stampede on a Spaghetti and Meatball high.