Michael Keaton in early talks to reprise role as Batman in new Flash movie

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jerk

hard
May 10, 2019

Michael Keaton in Early Talks to Play Batman (Again) in ‘The Flash’

By Dave McNary

Michael Keaton is in early talks to return to portray Batman alongside Ezra Miller in Warner Bros.’ “The Flash.”

Keaton first played the Caped Crusader in Tim Burton’s 1989 “Batman” and returned to collaborate with Burton in 1992’s “Batman Returns.” He left the role during the development of the third film, “Batman Forever,” with Val Kilmer taking over the Batman role and Joel Schumacher directing.

Andy Muschietti is on board to direct “The Flash,” which has been dated for a June 3, 2022, release. “Birds of Prey” writer Christina Hodson is writing the script. It’s uncertain how big a role Keaton will play in “The Flash,” which has not yet gone into production.

Miller remains attached to play Barry Allen, also known as The Flash in the DC Extended Universe movie. Miller has portrayed The Flash in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” “Suicide Squad” and “Justice League.” The character originated in the 1950s, when police scientist Barry Allen gained super-speed when bathed by chemicals that had been struck by lightning. Barbara Muschietti and Michael Disco are producing.

Should Keaton’s deal go through, it’s not expected to affect Warner Bros.’ upcoming “The Batman,” starring Robert Pattinson with Matt Reeves directing. “The Batman” is scheduled to open on Oct. 1, 2021.

The versatile Keaton has remained active in recent years and earned his first Academy Award nomination in 2015 for best actor in “Birdman,” in which his character had to deal with having portrayed a movie superhero. He starred in Best Picture winner “Spotlight,” portrayed Ray Kroc in “The Founder” and Vulture in “Spiderman: Homecoming,” and will be seen as Ramsey Clark in “The Trial of the Chicago 7.”

Keaton is repped by ICM Partners and Ziffren. The news was first reported by The Wrap.

jerk

hard
May 10, 2019
According to Deadline it would be Batman 30 years after Batman Returns. Not Thomas Wayne in Flashpoint I guess.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Keaton was hands down the best Batman/Bruce Wayne.

However seeing him again in the role isn't going to save DC movies for me.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Schumacher died today I think. Or yesterday.

Anyway Keaton was a good batman, but he should fuck this off and get back to beetlejuice

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
It is a travesty that Michael Keaton isn’t in more movies and that his career hit an extended lull. He is one of the best actors of his generation able to pull off everything from slapstick comedy to action to serious drama. The dude is a treasure.

IMO he was the best Batman. Christian Bale was great and those movies were awesome, but the original Batman with Keaton and Jack was the best and I’ll be happy to see him don the cape again!!!

jerk

hard
May 10, 2019
It is a travesty that Michael Keaton isn’t in more movies and that his career hit an extended lull. He is one of the best actors of his generation able to pull off everything from slapstick comedy to action to serious drama. The dude is a treasure.

IMO he was the best Batman. Christian Bale was great and those movies were awesome, but the original Batman with Keaton and Jack was the best and I’ll be happy to see him don the cape again!!!
5bc59e55-c8ae-4959-b69c-2f65c521b476.gif

I'll take Keaton over Ezra Miller.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
FYI, I love you, but I have trademark rights to this gif and the “Welcome to Thunderdome” gif from Waiting. It’s my thing. Respect the game.
Ok.

I'm sorry
no really I am
miniGif_20200623191057.gif

jerk

hard
May 10, 2019

Ben Affleck will don the cape and cowl once again, returning as Batman in Ezra Miller’s “The Flash” for Warner Bros.

Director Andy Muschietti revealed the news in an interview with Vanity Fair. He told the magazine that Affleck got the script last week and agreed this week to join the project. Affleck starred as the Caped Crusader in 2016’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and 2017’s “Justice League.”

“The Flash” will feature Miller’s Barry Allen appearing in parallel dimensions and meeting different versions of DC’s heroes. Michael Keaton, who played Batman in Tim Burton’s 1989 pic and returned to collaborate with the director in 1992’s “Batman Returns,” is also due to appear in “The Flash.”

Affleck had been planning to direct and star in a standalone Batman film for Warner Bros., but stepped down from helming in 2017, handing over that job to Matt Reeves. He decided early last year not to star in the movie, with the role going to Robert Pattinson. Affleck has admitted that he stepped away from the movie due to a drinking problem.

Muschietti, who directed the “It” movies for Warner Bros., praised Affleck’s take on Batman: “His Batman has a dichotomy that is very strong, which is his masculinity — because of the way he looks, and the imposing figure that he has, and his jawline — but he’s also very vulnerable. He knows how to deliver from the inside out, that vulnerability. He just needs a story that allows him to bring that contrast, that balance.”

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018

Ben Affleck will don the cape and cowl once again, returning as Batman in Ezra Miller’s “The Flash” for Warner Bros.

Director Andy Muschietti revealed the news in an interview with Vanity Fair. He told the magazine that Affleck got the script last week and agreed this week to join the project. Affleck starred as the Caped Crusader in 2016’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and 2017’s “Justice League.”

“The Flash” will feature Miller’s Barry Allen appearing in parallel dimensions and meeting different versions of DC’s heroes. Michael Keaton, who played Batman in Tim Burton’s 1989 pic and returned to collaborate with the director in 1992’s “Batman Returns,” is also due to appear in “The Flash.”

Affleck had been planning to direct and star in a standalone Batman film for Warner Bros., but stepped down from helming in 2017, handing over that job to Matt Reeves. He decided early last year not to star in the movie, with the role going to Robert Pattinson. Affleck has admitted that he stepped away from the movie due to a drinking problem.

Muschietti, who directed the “It” movies for Warner Bros., praised Affleck’s take on Batman: “His Batman has a dichotomy that is very strong, which is his masculinity — because of the way he looks, and the imposing figure that he has, and his jawline — but he’s also very vulnerable. He knows how to deliver from the inside out, that vulnerability. He just needs a story that allows him to bring that contrast, that balance.”
This is how I feel knowing Ben Affleck will be playing the role again and not Michael Keaton
ECDEA16C-004B-44EB-94E2-F2D84A414D20.jpeg

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
This is how I feel knowing Ben Affleck will be playing the role again and not Michael Keaton
View attachment 13369
Affleck makes more sense... especially if the studio wants keep some semblance of continuity.

Though if they could somehow fit them both in..... Flashpoint/Days of Future Past type alternate timeline convoluted story based in the present (Affleck) & future (Keaton)... there might be a chance.

Namaste

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Interested to see if Keaton Bats will be Beyond, Kingdom Come or Dark Knight Returns Bats.

Affleck seems like a good post-Death in the Family Bats.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Affleck was already Dark Knight Returns, sorta.
I felt like Batfleck was more like No Man's Land Bats. Weathered, but not quite the rascal DKR Bats was. He cosplayed as dkr bats, but had pretty different motivations. It's pretty hard to say due to Snyder Snydering, but much to my surprise Affleck is still my favorite rendition of Bruce Wayne.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I felt like Batfleck was more like No Man's Land Bats. Weathered, but not quite the rascal DKR Bats was. He cosplayed as dkr bats, but had pretty different motivations. It's pretty hard to say due to Snyder Snydering, but much to my surprise Affleck is still my favorite rendition of Bruce Wayne.
I like Batfleck. I consider him a "good" incarnation, although he suffered from shit writing.