General Michael Moore drops trailer for new anti-Trump documentary Fahrenheit 11/9

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Can you post the link for advance tickets? Thx.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
He's looking...fit.

And just as misguided as ever. Why people pay any attention to him I have no idea.

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
He's looking...fit.

And just as misguided as ever. Why people pay any attention to him I have no idea.
The real problem with Michael Moore is not that he's politically on the left, but that he's a dishonest filmmaker.

The guy has talent--he can spin a yarn and wrap it all up in a nice package--but he has been shown time and time again to traffic in slanted misinformation and, at times, outright lies. Even many liberals don't like him precisely because they had to recognize that he will gladly twist the facts to fit his own agenda.

I can respect someone I disagree with, as long as they hold, present and support their views honestly and civilly. But Moore doesn't do that.

Also, he's fat.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
He's looking...fit.

I'm worried, I think this movie can be very effective. The appeal of lefty politics has always been that it brings its adherents so much joy, & that trailer is chock-full of joy & happiness. It's going to be like an anti-Trump joy missile right into the heart of middle America

Last edited:

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
If anyone wants to see a fairly good takedown of Michael Moore's nonsense then check out Manufacturing Dissent. It's currently streaming free on Amazon if you have Prime.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
The real problem with Michael Moore is not that he's politically on the left, but that he's a dishonest filmmaker.

The guy has talent--he can spin a yarn and wrap it all up in a nice package--but he has been shown time and time again to traffic in slanted misinformation and, at times, outright lies. Even many liberals don't like him precisely because they had to recognize that he will gladly twist the facts to fit his own agenda.
Like what?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'll be interested to watch this. Michael Moore is one of the few people that realize that Trump had a very good chance of winning while everybody was counting him out and paying attention to ridiculous polls (statistically estimating that Democratic turnout would be as high or higher than 2008 Obama).

Michael Moore understood that there is anger and a huge divide between that anger and the sort of passive and even dismissive tone coming from National Democratic candidates... Notably one Hillary Clinton.

He hit the nail on the head months before the election.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'll be interested to watch this. Michael Moore is one of the few people that realize that Trump had a very good chance of winning while everybody was counting him out and paying attention to ridiculous polls (statistically estimating that Democratic turnout would be as high or higher than 2008 Obama).

Michael Moore understood that there is anger and a huge divide between that anger and the sort of passive and even dismissive tone coming from National Democratic candidates... Notably one Hillary Clinton.

He hit the nail on the head months before the election.

Don't forget this gem.

View: https://youtu.be/4lMp_363B2c

There's something about a guy that doesn't know how to swing a hammer that irks me.
I can't quite put my finger in it, but I know he'd love it if I could.

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
Like what?
Where to begin?

You should check out that documentary I mentioned earlier, Manufacturing Dissent. It was made by a couple of Canadian lefties who originally intended to produce a glowing portrait of Michael Moore but got increasingly disillusioned after learning more about his methods (by talking to others who worked with him), as well as his consistent refusal to be interviewed.

The funny thing is that Michael Moore has, in his own words, essentially admitted that he uses the magic of editing to twist things up, but seems to believe that his films are nevertheless still "true" because they speak to what he believes to be an important social truth. It sounds like he basically feels that the ends justify the means.

Here's his Politifact scorecard, which you'll see is all over the place:

Michael Moore's file

Fahrenheit 9/11 has its own Wikipedia page on controversies surrounding the film:

Fahrenheit 9/11 controversies - Wikipedia

The brilliant Christopher Hitchens also called him on his bullshit in Fahrenheit 9/11:

The lies of Michael Moore.

In Roger & Me, the whole premise is that Roger Smith would not grant him an interview, when in reality they spoke twice and Moore left this fact on the cutting room floor. He also manipulated the chronology greatly in ways that were self-serving and inaccurate.

This is not even to mention the ways that he weasels his way into interviews under false pretenses.

Last edited:

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Where to begin?

You should check out that documentary I mentioned earlier, Manufacturing Dissent. It was made by a couple of Canadian lefties who originally intended to produce a glowing portrait of Michael Moore but got increasingly disillusioned after learning more about his methods (by talking to others who worked with him), as well as his consistent refusal to be interviewed.

The funny thing is that Michael Moore has, in his own words, essentially admitted that he uses the magic of editing to twist things up, but seems to believe that his films are nevertheless still "true" because they speak to what he believes to be an important social truth. It sounds like he basically feels that the ends justify the means.

Here's his Politifact scorecard, which you'll see is all over the place:

Michael Moore's file

Fahrenheit 9/11 has its own Wikipedia page on controversies surrounding the film:

Fahrenheit 9/11 controversies - Wikipedia

The brilliant Christopher Hitchens also called him on his bullshit in Fahrenheit 9/11:

The lies of Michael Moore.

In Roger & Me, the whole premise is that Roger Smith would not grant him an interview, when it reality they spoke twice and Moore left this fact on the cutting room floor. He also manipulated the chronology greatly in ways that were self-serving and inaccurate.

This is not even to mention the ways that he weasels his way into interviews under false pretenses.
I'm familiar with the criticisms of Roger & Me. I don't begrudge a documentarian who's doing investigative work for using false pretense occasionally. Thanks for the info on Farenheit 9/11. I only ever saw it once and didn't like it as much as Bowling for Columbine and Sicko as I found it comparatively sensational.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Moore is so incredibly unlikable. He reminds me of Ben Shapiro in that regard.

No matter what they say and how much I actually agree with the words that are coming from them... I refuse to admit it. They're just too cunty for words.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I can’t remember what now, but years and years ago when he was on his soap box I actually agreed with a lot of the nonsense he was spouting; till I heard his fat mouth going into one about it. Then I went the opposite way.
I’m not particularly politically minded as much as I’ve tried, but he really rubs me up the wrong way.