Michael Page Frustrated With Recent Bellator Treatment: ‘It’s Time To Get The Claws Out’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

What a frustrating 2017 it’s been for Michael Page.

The Bellator welterweight hasn’t fought since November 2016 when he defeated Fernando Gonzalez at Bellator 165. Since then, Page has been chasing a fight with Paul Daley, but his fellow Brit has turned down the opportunity to fight him on several occasions.

With a knee injury also keeping Page out of action at the last Bellator London card back in May, Page’s frustrations have been on edge all year, but one recent announcement angered him more than any other.

Pursuing Paul Daley...

On July 24 it was announced that Daley would take on Lorenz Larkin at Bellator 182 in September. After chasing a fight with “Semtex” for nearly 9-months and then having to listen to Daley call him a “p*ssy” from the centre of the Bellator cage after his loss to MacDonald in London, to hear he’d been given another lucrative fight ahead of him appears to have brought things to head....

Source/more:
Michael Page Frustrated With Recent Bellator Treatment: 'It's Time To Get The Claws Out' (Jim Edwards)

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
This is a good interview. It's a long feature, not just some shit-stirring quotes out of context. It looks like there's going to be a second part about his boxing match.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
It's been obvious for a little over a year now that Page wants to move to the ufc, and bellator is making him pay for that.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
It's been obvious for a little over a year now that Page wants to move to the ufc, and bellator is making him pay for that.
I don't know why he would want to give up his sponsorships to become a small fish. He is a hot enough commodity that he should be able to make more staying in Bellator and building his brand, I would think. Also, if he gets unlucky with opponents and injuries, like Will Brooks, then where will he be? He could fade into obscurity.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Page would be great in japan .he has a crazy style but he would get murdered by top level talent

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Exactly what I was thinking. If I were Bellator I'd have him fight someone like McDonald, with great wrestling to beat him and then should he move to ufc, it would be at a much less value.
That's stupid. He's there top draw minus Fedor and the wagon of busted old ufc champs they have.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Feed him to rory
Only if he resigns.

He makes a good point- all he really said is: he's upset with Daley vs Larkin being booked (he should be), Bellator shouldn't have booked it (they shouldn't have), he's happy with Bellator right now so long as they pay him (they should or he's right to look elsewhere).

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I just wanna see him fight again. Daley or Rory would be awesome.