Michael Page: I need to ‘test myself’ in the UFC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Michael Page after defeating Richard Kiely at Bellator 227

Bellator welterweight Michael Page feels he “definitely” needs to sign for the UFC later on in his career.

Page (19-1) has been signed to Bellator for almost a decade and has only lost to 170-pound champion Douglas Lima during his time in the promotion. ‘Venom’ is currently on a five-fight winning streak, last stopping Derek Anderson at Bellator 258 earlier this month.

Talking recently on the Believe You Me podcast, Page outlined his plans to sign for the UFC later down the line.

“I enjoy Bellator. I enjoy where I’m at and I enjoy my success so far, but I definitely feel like I need to touch the UFC at some point and just test myself there as well,” Page said. “There are some great matches to be made over there so I definitely think in the future—I don’t know when—obviously I’m contracted to being in Bellator, and I’ve got some goals to achieve there as well. I feel like I’m close to doing that.

“But until then, I definitely still see myself going [to the UFC].”

Page, who has often faced criticism for facing weak competition during his time in Bellator, admitted that he started MMA with the hopes of signing for the UFC. The 34-year-old is likely to get another shot at Lima’s welterweight title if the Brazilian gets past undefeated Yaroslav Amosov next month.

“If I’m being honest, when I first started, the only reason I [got into MMA] was to go to the UFC,” Page said. “That’s the biggest thing and it’s obviously still one of the biggest [promotions].

“There’s a lot of shows popping up. But in general—especially when I was started—anybody that was getting into MMA, their goal was to get to the UFC. The majority of people are still the same.”

Michael Page: I need to ‘test myself’ in the UFC

Last edited:

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
Does he really? He is 34 years old and has spent the majority of his near decade of a career fighting cans. He also got out wrestled by Paul Daley.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Does he really? He is 34 years old and has spent the majority of his near decade of a career fighting cans. He also got out wrestled by Paul Daley.
So has Michael Chandler.

edit: except for the Paul Daley part of course.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
he didnt even test himself in bellator. dana wont be bringing in cab drivers and hobos

M

member 3289

He's also nearly undefeated and was beating 170-lb champ Douglas Lima until he wasn't. But that's still his only loss and I think he'd win the rematch.

But yes he's old for a fighter (Fedor "peaked" at 32) and he should be signing with the UFC now, not later.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrSandman

Apr 11, 2020
Yes. Multiple times.

edit: Does not change the fact that Michael Chandler fought some cans.
If you think he fought nobodies his whole career, then magically gained the ability to knock out Dan Hooker and come a punch away from being UFC champ when he signed the UFC contract, then you're dumb as fuck.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
If you think he fought nobodies his whole career, then magically gained the ability to knock out Dan Hooker and come a punch away from being UFC champ when he signed the UFC contract, then you're dumb as fuck.
If you don’t think he fought a lot of cans in his career then you obviously haven’t looked at his record. I’m not saying Michael Chandler isn’t a talented fighter, his resume is vastly more impressive than Michael Page, all I’m saying is that he fought a lot of cans. There’s no denying that. It doesn’t take away from the really good guys he’s fought either.

Last edited:

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
Got slept so bad against Lima, Bellator doesn't even want him, he even ducked Paul Daley and Amasov, as soon as he faces a semi decent wrestler in the UFC he will lose.

He had his little buddy Jude Samuel booking for him when Bellator was doing their european tours btw, that's why he was given all those cans, because he had his friend being the matchmaker, totally shady.

Have fun in the UFC Michael.

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
If you don’t think he fought a lot of cans in his career then you obviously haven’t looked at his record. I’m not saying Michael Chandler isn’t a talented fighter, his resume is vastly more impressive than Michael Page, all I’m saying is that he fought a lot of cans. There’s no denying that. It doesn’t take away from the really good guys he’s fought either.
Is Gono a can? A guy who beat both Mousasi and Hector Lombard? Ya think Brent Primus is a can too? What about Eddie Alvarez who beat the fuck out of Gaethje, he's a can too right?

Jesus christ, atleast look at the list of opponents before giving such irrelevant opinions.

Last edited:

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Name the guys you think are cans.
Basically the entire beginning of his career. 6F827403-0140-42D1-B937-09F8577625C2.jpegMarcia Held is no can.
The latter half of his career, so far, has had many notable names, I never said he only fought cans. But he sure has fought a few. 1F80847C-C261-44BD-B63F-F39D3F3AF3A4.png

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Is Gono a can? A guy who beat both Mousasi and Hector Lombard? Ya think Brent Primus is a can too? What about Eddie Alvarez who beat the fuck out of Gaethje, he's a can too right?

Jesus christ, atleast look at the list of opponents before giving such irrelevant opinions.
Did I ever say that he only fought cans? I hope that’s not how you took my comments, because it was not my intent.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Just so everyone in this thread is aware. Calling fighters "cans" is considered a bannable offense.
some fighters are cans though. it is a part of the sport . guys like shannon the cannon with 55 wins 88 losses are the definition of a can. MVP has guys on his record who are 16-15 , 0-5 ,3-3 and 0-1 . he has fought some legit guys but he has also fought some bums and cans

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
some fighters are cans though. it is a part of the sport . guys like shannon the cannon with 55 wins 88 losses are the definition of a can. MVP has guys on his record who are 16-15 , 0-5 ,3-3 and 0-1 . he has fought some legit guys but he has also fought some bums and cans
"Bums" is also pinkable. It has happened in the past.