General Michigan School Shooting, At Least 3 Students Killed

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
That seems most likely. I remember loading mags, especially on a new gun when I was younger and thinking I had it full and then counting it and realizing there was a lot more to go I was being a little puss
ahhh, the tender thumbs of youth...

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I'm taking that to mean that the football player tried to stop the shooter, and the shooter's mom was pro Trump. Olbermann is a POS for mentioning Trump when he didn't have anything to do with this. The shooter's parents wouldn't have been any different had Trump never got into politics.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
"School shooting" is a very broadly defined term. K-12 makes it seem like shooting are happening in schools with very young children. Neither of these is the case. I haven't bothered to look into this year, but typically school shootings are targeted gang shootings that happen at a school because it's where gang members know the person they're looking for is going to be.

Very rarely are the school shootings you see reported in these large numbers Sandy Hook type incidents, and that's good. I hope that continues to be the case, but if you take that stat at face value you're being duped.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
This also didn't happen at a k-12 school. It happened at Oxford High School.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
tyt just said it

article from usatoday says 29 in 2021

per cnn:

There have been at least 288 school shootings in the United States since January 1, 2009.

That's 57 times as many shootings as the other six G7 countries combined.
Oh, TYT is the source. That explains it. Thanks!

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I haven't bothered to look into this year, but typically school shootings are targeted gang shootings that happen at a school because it's where gang members know the person they're looking for is going to be.
So a schoolkid gets shot while at their school, because a gunman brought a gun into the school and shot them with it....... and that's not a school shooting and shouldn't count in any running tallies of incidents where one or more schoolkids were shot while at school.

??

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Assuming what the prosecutor said is true...

A teacher caught the kid searching for ammo on his phone during class and reported it to the school. He was also caught drawing a picture of someone shooting someone else with the phrase "help me" as well as "blood everywhere" and a smiley face and that was given to the school which is why the parents were called to the school that morning.

While there, they asked their kid if he had his gun, but didn't check. Rather than taking him home for the day, the mom said to him, "Ethan, don't do it."

That implies they knew what he wanted to do. They also stored the gun along with the mags and ammo in an unlocked drawer.

Eventually, they went home, checked the drawer, saw the gun was gone, and called 911 to let them know they thought the shooter was their son.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021

A teacher caught the kid searching for ammo on his phone during class and reported it to the school. He was also caught drawing a picture of someone shooting someone else with the phrase "help me" as well as "blood everywhere" and a smiley face and that was given to the school which is why the parents were called to the school that morning.

While there, they asked their kid if he had his gun, but didn't check. Rather than taking him home for the day, the mom said to him, "Ethan, don't do it."

That implies they knew what he wanted to do. They also stored the gun along with the mags and ammo in an unlocked drawer.

Eventually, they went home, checked the drawer, saw the gun was gone, and called 911 to let them know they thought the shooter was their son.
Closing the barn door after the horses are gone.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
So a schoolkid gets shot while at their school, because a gunman brought a gun into the school and shot them with it....... and that's not a school shooting and shouldn't count in any running tallies of incidents where one or more schoolkids were shot while at school.

??
does it make you feel better if they bring a knife to school and stab a couple people to death?

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021

They need to go to jail for being accessories to multiple murder.

??

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

that's an amazing level of negligence