Miesha Tate expects February return, thinks Ronda Rousey might go 0-2 against Holm

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

No great surprise here, but UFC women’s bantamweight contender Miesha Tate wants the title shot she was promised. She isn’t in favor of a second go-around between champ Holly Holm andRonda Rousey, either.

“I’m not a fan of the rematch in that amount of time, because with everything else that Ronda has going on, plus her injuries, I just don’t think it’s going to amount to a good outcome,” Tate told MMAjunkie Radio.

“It wasn’t a competitive fight, and Holly has the perfect style to beat Ronda,” Tate said. “Holly’s already back in the gym training; she had no injuries from the fight. She knows she’s fighting Ronda next, but she gets this whole time to fix maybe even the little things she wanted to improve on in the fight. She’s going to be even more prepared, and I don’t know if it’s a smart move, because Ronda might go 0-2.”

In July, the UFC publicly announced Tate would be next to fight for the women’s bantamweight title after her fourth straight win, which came via decision over Jessica Eye at UFC on FOX 16. Butthe promotion changed its mind, saying Tate needed to earn more wins, and announced Holm as the next contender.

Tate turned down a proposed matchup with surging bantamweight Amanda Nunes and was critical of the promotion’s choice. Since then, she’s been awaiting her next fight.

“I’m not exactly sure who yet, but I would like for it to be the title fight,” she said. “But that doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen. So I’m just waiting to hear back from the UFC.”

LINK: Miesha Tate expects February return, thinks Ronda Rousey might go 0-2 against Holm

Rico_Cutler

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
She does make a good point... UFC could prob make more $ off Ronda by letting her win couple instead of sending her out to slaughter against Holms.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
She does make a good point... UFC could prob make more $ off Ronda by letting her win couple instead of sending her out to slaughter against Holms.
Not really. Win or lose, Ronda is retiring after the Holm fight so the UFC wants to get that pay day as soon as possible.

M

member 603

Not really. Win or lose, Ronda is retiring after the Holm fight so the UFC wants to get that pay day as soon as possible.
I say she has two more flights left.... If she beats Holly, they'll have a trilogy... But if she loses to Holly, she'll fight Tate to end her career with a win against her biggest rival (Holly and her don't have the bad blood angle)

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
I say she has two more flights left.... If she beats Holly, they'll have a trilogy... But if she loses to Holly, she'll fight Tate to end her career with a win against her biggest rival (Holly and her don't have the bad blood angle)
If she beats Holly and avenges the loss I think she hands Dana the belt in the octagon and walks away. If she loses obviously she walks away as well.

Buff Bagginz

NO KNOWN WEAKNESSES
Nov 13, 2015
I'm looking forward to the holly Holm payday. These bookies have it at even odds for ronda lol wtf