Migration is mostly done. Start using the site :)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I am getting a strange message when I try to log on to the TAPATALK app. Do I need to delete the App and reinstall, or am I missing something?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I am getting a strange message when I try to log on to the TAPATALK app. Do I need to delete the App and reinstall, or am I missing something?
Splinty @Splinty will likely confirm that he is still in the process of moving Tapatalk over. Not sure when app will be back up, but shouldn't be long.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Confirmed. Tapatalk coming back. How about I prioritize that a little.

But consider just using via mobile. Its way better now.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That doesn't show if there's been new posts in the thread, that's what I'm after.
I'm on mobile. I'll come back to this soon since I can't look the same way as desktop or other.

Liking the layout guys, the forum stopped working in forum runner app but no biggy as it displays well in s browser, nice work guys
Oh shit. Somone actually used forum runner over tapatalk. ;)

Last edited:

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
lookoutawhale @lookoutawhale We would love to get some input from you on themes/layout/color schemes. If you could offer some input, it would be greatly appreciated.
yeah sure. I did like the old colour scheme of the main page. Where it was a white background, and black text. Currently its medium grey text on light grey background.

Also the top text ( Mark Forums Read, Search Forums, Watched Forums, Watched Threads, New Posts) is black text in a dark red background. tough to read. probably best to go with the opposite colour of white.

The text on the right column with the rss feeds seems to have a small text side and a narrow column. You could push it more to the left a bit and make the text bigger so its easier to read.

I did like the old system of showing members online by showing their display pictures in the list.

The quote boxes seem to be 3 colours. a light blue in the box, then a grey on top with a red border. maybe go with red instead of grey box up top so it goes with the red outer box line.

so just some of my thoughts on it.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
lookoutawhale @lookoutawhale is it a lot of work for you to work up a template (like you've done in the past for us) of what you think looks good? Everyone of those you've done so far has been a huge help.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I love the new forum software, guys. The trophies are a cool touch as well. It's very similar to IGN.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
P.S. I'm looking forward to the app to be up and running again but the site looks and functions so well on a mobile device that it's almost not needed.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Thank you sir!
I guess for the front page, this is how it would look if you kept the old colour scheme.

A couple things are changed though. the top bar is black and the bottom bars are red and black. the forum statistics is on top and the members online are below so the box has room to get bigger. And it contains the avatars and not just text. The thread title texts are larger too so they read better.

So you guys and the rest of the members can mull it over on what kind of colours they like.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thanks lookoutawhale @lookoutawhale! Good stuff. I think making the user names (under the posts) a different color (maybe blue?) would spice it up a bit as well. What about the member profile w/ large avatar that we currently have above the members online right now? Where would you suggest we put that? Or should be keep it at all?

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Thanks lookoutawhale @lookoutawhale! Good stuff. I think making the user names (under the posts) a different color (maybe blue?) would spice it up a bit as well. What about the member profile w/ large avatar that we currently have above the members online right now? Where would you suggest we put that? Or should be keep it at all?
great idea! coloured user name under the posts would make it look really spiffy:

A nice red to go with the rest of the colour scheme would fit in really nicely.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Lol, you're the man Whale...seriously. Now where would you put the user profile that we have on the main page right now? Just do away with it, like you have there?

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Thanks lookoutawhale @lookoutawhaleWhat about the member profile w/ large avatar that we currently have above the members online right now? Where would you suggest we put that? Or should be keep it at all?
regarding the profile pic with large avatar. I guess it looks fine. It shows that you are logged in kind of thing right? I think thats the point of it? Although i guess if the usernames displayed as pictures then the big picture might be in the way.

Up to you guys i guess. Im kind of neutral on it. Maybe the other members could give their opinion on what they like and dont like too.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Lol, you're the man Whale...seriously. Now where would you put the user profile that we have on the main page right now? Just do away with it, like you have there?
well that is the screenshot of the site when someone is logged off. It shows that SIGN UP NOW button that i made blue just so it stands out more. Once you log in it changes into the username with large photo. So i guess it has a purpose of showing you are logged in. So yeah i guess it looks fine.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
lookoutawhale @lookoutawhale , I think we should make the order of the data on the right as follows:

- User Profile Info up top