Migration Phase 2 - FAQ ongoing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Hah I just noticed under my screen name it says "TMMAC Addict". While that's true, has it always said that? I don't recall that from before the update.

I've never updated or changed that title setting from whatever the default is, so this must be one of the new automatic labels for us that are too lazy to add something clever?

M

member 3289

Splinty @Splinty I'm working on recording the user tagging issue, but for the time being there is an issue with image uploading. I thought the issue was the imgur plugin you're using but I uploaded the image to imgur outside of the site and then tried to post it and got this message.

Works when I upload them to another site though (as in the screenshot below)

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Splinty @Splinty I'm working on recording the user tagging issue, but for the time being there is an issue with image uploading. I thought the issue was the imgur plugin you're using but I uploaded the image to imgur outside of the site and then tried to post it and got this message.

Under what circumstances do we need to do that? I haven't had any trouble with the regular site image upload so far.

*EDIT: NM I just had the problem. But I did not have the problem when I posted the Monster's results, which I think was right after the big upgrade. Oh well.

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

What are you doing???
I don't follow

M

member 3289

What are you doing???
I don't follow
In the screenshot I'm trying to insert an imgur image. I uploaded it directly to imgur.com because when I tried to upload through the button below the text box it didn't work. But inserting an imgur image link didn't work either.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
In the screenshot I'm trying to insert an imgur image. I uploaded it directly to imgur.com because when I tried to upload through the button below the text box it didn't work. But inserting an imgur image link didn't work either.

Got it.
I will look when I have time.
I might have underestimated how often we are uploading things.
For free accounts imgur limits the daily uploads. We might have hit that limit.
If that is happening I will probably have to move us to image attachments and purchase some space over at Amazon.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Got it.
I will look when I have time.
I might have underestimated how often we are uploading things.
For free accounts imgur limits the daily uploads. We might have hit that limit.
If that is happening I will probably have to move us to image attachments and purchase some space over at Amazon.
Won't let me upload any images either.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Apologies if this has been addressed, but this thread is up to 12 pages and I figured I’d take the risk of looking like a douche vs having to read 12 pages. Sorry not sorry and I love you.
Anyway....

I am regularly running into issues on both
my iPhone and Mac uploading &/or inserting images and gifs. Copying and pasting was one of my favorite attributes of this site, but even letting that go, I am having trouble adding saved files to threads. I believe the technical description is: “the scrolling line above that looks like a Yellow version of the Laser gun from Contra goes across the screen many times then stops, but my pic never uploads to my post.”

Any ideas on how to stop this madness?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Apologies if this has been addressed, but this thread is up to 12 pages and I figured I’d take the risk of looking like a douche vs having to read 12 pages. Sorry not sorry and I love you.
Anyway....

my iPhone and Mac uploading &/or inserting images and gifs. Copying and pasting was one of my favorite attributes of this site, but even letting that go, I am having trouble adding saved files to threads. I believe the technical description is: “the scrolling line above that looks like a Yellow version of the Laser gun from Contra goes across the screen many times then stops, but my pic never uploads to my post.”

The three posts directly above yours friend.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Anyway....

I'm out with the wife tonight. I'll fix this tomorrow through an add-on fix or through a bigger solution that doesn't rely on IMGUR free anymore (probably this the more I think about it)

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I'm out with the wife tonight. I'll fix this tomorrow through an add-on fix or through a bigger solution that doesn't rely on IMGUR free anymore (probably this the more I think about it)
Awesome and thank you! These dick pics aren’t going to post themselves!
In all seriousness, please know you are appreciated!!!!

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Hey the upload image feature seems to have stopped. For me at least. Tried on two phones. It used to work since the upgrade, now its just loading forever and nothing happens. Is it working for other people? It's possible I've had the feature removed. Just pointing out a potential issue.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Dangit, Splinty @Splinty .. This maintenance that has taken down the avatars makes it harder for me to know who I don't like without having to read. Gosh.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Timing issue with Twitter API. Not on our end.
Hit the refresh arrow they have in the gray screen to refresh the video. It'll load.

Screenshot_20200531-101629.png

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Notifications seem to disappear when you're reading a live thread. No real way to screenshot it. But it you have several notifications and someone else posts before you check it then the red notifier disappears. If you click the bell the info is still there though.

Not critical but I thought I'd let you know.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Any chance I will be able to ever post gifs again. It's kinda my thing. I am organizing a protest...4TiLsWP.png

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
When I attempt to upload a gif it gives me this-View attachment 6591

Gifs might be too large.
Copy paste at somewhere like gfycat.com or imgur.com to host The really large ones

Or hotlink embed it

And also I'm going to be working on some better image compression for GIFs so you can upload larger ones eventually.

See that thread for details and what we're doing now

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
The giphy button isn't working for me this week.

I can't remember if you said something about that. If you did. I'm dumb. If not. Well then I'm reporting a fresh issue. Chrome for Android.