Migration Phase 2 - FAQ ongoing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
:tinfoil:
lol this is so out of place in the menu but so funny
why is it so huge?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
It's probably just something that you're tweaking at the moment but I can't log in. That really seems strange since I'm logged in enough to post but if I open a new page then it says I'm logged out and unable to log in.

Multi-platforms so I'll just check back later.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
All good now. Went through and cleared the cache everywhere and now they all log in properly.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Splinty @Splinty, I didn't see you comment on this so sorry if you already know about it. On mobile I can not insert uploaded pics or use any of the text editing tools they are all grayed out.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty, I didn't see you comment on this so sorry if you already know about it. On mobile I can not insert uploaded pics or use any of the text editing tools they are all grayed out.
click the highlighted yellow gear - you've accidentally turned off your rich text editor. That'll turn it back on.
One of the upcoming adjustments will be to clean up the layout of that text editor bar, especially on mobile.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
All good now. Went through and cleared the cache everywhere and now they all log in properly.
Thanks for heads up. This has happened to a couple of people. Seems to be calling all files from cache as I tried to use as much as I could to redo the site. That is one down side!

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
click the highlighted yellow gear - you've accidentally turned off your rich text editor. That'll turn it back on.
One of the upcoming adjustments will be to clean up the layout of that text editor bar, especially on mobile.
Fuck, I'm sorry for being so useless and wasting your time. You're doing great.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty I thought I had it squared away but on mobile it's making me log back in after any time away from the page. It's like the cookie ain't baking.

I have to relogin everytime I open up TMMAC..

Have you guys cleared your cache on these devices?
I've been logged in continuously on mobile for a week and then since the move.

This is going to sound really stupid, but open an incognito tab and run like that for a little. It should keep you logged in.
If it does, the issue is your old history and cookies.

Also what device are you using?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Also guys...
Go log out and then log back in manually.

Make sure you are clicking remember me.

If you're on chrome, delete site data to force the cache reset if you aren't deleting your entire cache.

Click the lock next to the website address and you'll get this.
Then go to site settings...

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

This is going to sound really stupid, but open an incognito tab and run like that for a little. It should keep you logged in.

Note 10+ with chrome browser.

Cleared all of the things and thought that it fixed it.

But every time that I close that tab and then come back it makes me log back in.

I'll clear it all again in a second and report back.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
So it's working again but for some reason I had to delete EVERYTHING and seemingly not just the files related to this site.

If it goes weird again I'll let you know but it seems to be keeping me logged in currently.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Am I being a knob and can't find it, or can we not change our avatars? Again, I feel like I always have to say I'm not having a pop..

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So it's working again but for some reason I had to delete EVERYTHING and seemingly not just the files related to this site.

If it goes weird again I'll let you know but it seems to be keeping me logged in currently.

I'm sure that will work. Sorry for the trouble. My guess is that one old entry cached from the site was doing it.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016

I am use TMMAC on my pc mostly. I"ll try clearing out cache and let you know.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016

Working now after clearing cookies and date from my browser.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty this isn't particularly about the upgrade but more so a problem that is still around after the upgrade - any idea why so many devices post pictures sideways? Tbh I don't know of any device that correctly posts vertical photos taken by a smart phone camera.

I usually just crop the photo slightly and then it posts upright. I've also heard that pictures taken with the phone turned sideways don't come out sideways. You've mentioned to me before that it was an issue with our phones. If that's the case then it's an issue with a lot of phones.

It is every modern phone. I am working on the code to read the exif data and then rotate the picture for you.

This rotation problem exists across the web due to a long conversation about digital cameras and modern phones. Modern phones do not actually rotate the image. They have a piece of data to decide how to show it to you.

Imgur besides not to read that data and upload correctly. Instead they leave it to the client. That's us. So have to make it read your photo, fix it, then upload imgur. That's in process.

In the meantime take pictures with your phone and landscape mode and it won't rotate because that's the default mode for phone cameras.