Migration Phase 2 - FAQ ongoing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Thanks for all the work that's been put into this place. Much appreciated.

A question: When I'm at the bottom of a thread that I've had to scroll down to get to the last post so I can post something, once I've posted is there a quick way to get back to the forum to see all of the threads listed? That's probably poorly worded, but basically after I post I have to scroll up to the top of the thread to get out of it and back to the forum index. (That's probably poorly worded too, but I'm a man of action and not words. I'm no writer.)

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thanks for all the work that's been put into this place. Much appreciated.

A question: When I'm at the bottom of a thread that I've had to scroll down to get to the last post so I can post something, once I've posted is there a quick way to get back to the forum to see all of the threads listed? That's probably poorly worded, but basically after I post I have to scroll up to the top of the thread to get out of it and back to the forum index. (That's probably poorly worded too, but I'm a man of action and not words. I'm no writer.)

Are you on desktop or phone?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
When I'm at the bottom of a thread that I've had to scroll down to get to the last post so I can post something, once I've posted is there a quick way to get back to the forum to see all of the threads listed

Click the forum name in the 'breadcrumb' at the bottom or the top.
Goes back to the current forum full of threads.

I post I have to scroll up to the top of the thread to get out of it and back to the forum index
Definitely shouldn't have to do that.
Let me know what you're doing. Links are at top and bottom for this very reason.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Click the forum name in the 'breadcrumb' at the bottom or the top.
Goes back to the current forum full of threads.

Definitely shouldn't have to do that.
Let me know what you're doing. Links are at top and bottom for this very reason.
Thanks. I didn’t know that. Will now use.

I browse here on my iPad and a desktop.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
here on my iPad

Have you realized yet that the logo at the top brings you to the forum overview?

All the stuff is in the same location doing the same thing. We've simply cleaned up the number of things shown at once on mobile.

No need to show Forums -> forumname->Threadname. on the breadcrumb when you have a link to the forums at the top that floats with you always and are already in the thread. Instead the only thing that actually matters is forumname which is still there as always.

Also have you noticed on your ipad the yellow icon on the bottom right? Have you clicked it? That's an instant jump to the thread reply. You mentioned having to scroll down to do so. On mobile, that's the point. Save you the scroll. click button and go. Or click quote and go. Either way, less scrolling to reply.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Have you realized yet that the logo at the top brings you to the forum overview?

All the stuff is in the same location doing the same thing. We've simply cleaned up the number of things shown at once on mobile.

No need to show Forums -> forumname->Threadname. on the breadcrumb when you have a link to the forums at the top that floats with you always and are already in the thread. Instead the only thing that actually matters is forumname which is still there as always.

Also have you noticed on your ipad the yellow icon on the bottom right? Have you clicked it? That's an instant jump to the thread reply. You mentioned having to scroll down to do so. On mobile, that's the point. Save you the scroll. click button and go. Or click quote and go. Either way, less scrolling to reply.
Thanks for all that. I’m not seeing any yellow icon on the bottom right, though.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thanks for all that. I’m not seeing any yellow icon on the bottom right, though.

If you're not saying this on your iPad when navigating around then I might need to double check my settings so that it appears for that size mobile device.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I’m on my iPad. That isn’t on here for me
I’m on an iPhone, so I think this will be the same. At the bottom right of the screen you should see two grey boxes, one with an up arrow and one with a down arrow. If I swipe down on the screen a bit, that yellow icon shows up right underneath those two arrows.

Does that work? I often browse on an iPad here too, but I haven’t tried on there since all the updates. I think my iPad belongs to my 6 year old now...:rolleyes:

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I’m on an iPhone, so I think this will be the same. At the bottom right of the screen you should see two grey boxes, one with an up arrow and one with a down arrow. If I swipe down on the screen a bit, that yellow icon shows up right underneath those two arrows.

Does that work? I often browse on an iPad here too, but I haven’t tried on there since all the updates. I think my iPad belongs to my 6 year old now...:rolleyes:
The arrows show up but no yellow icon.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Somethings broke. Not sure your end or mine. I know these messages don't necessarily mean much, but something is broke.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Thanks.

Fixed?
Just wanna give you a huge thanks for your continued care and upgrading of the best MMA forum ever. I have not had any issues after figuring out the new stuff on the first day of the upgrade.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
How do I get it to stop signing me out? I'm tired of having to sign back in a couple of times a day.
I keep getting logged out on phone or other device!
This is old session data from the site move. Clear your cache and history and it will fix it. Alternative seems to be you can change your forum account password and that should also force a new session even though the issue is the old cache data.
PM or ask for help if you don't know how to wipe your browser cache/history.
Let me know if that doesn't work,

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I have cleared my cache twice already. All it did was screw up other sites for me,
The issue is that somewhere you aren't totally clearing your cache.
You can test this by simply running this site in an incognito window. You won't get logged out.

As above, you have another option to force the issue...
Change your forum password then log in. That changed password prevents you from grabbing old session data in your cache.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The arrows show up but no yellow icon.
It doesn't on mine if I'm holding the iPad horizontally, but does when I go vertical.

Thanks I missed his reply.
I don't show the icon after 900px wide. I might adjust this more later to target mobile devices more specifically. But we currently differentiate mobile vs desktop based primarily on screensize and then adjust the site design to that.