Mike Perry blasts Thiago Alves for UFC Pittsburgh pullout: ‘We all came from Florida’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Mike Perry is calling Thiago Alves on his reasons to not fight him at UFC Pittsburgh, and he’s not pulling any punches. Alves ended up having to pull out of the fight just a few days before they were set to tangle last weekend, blaming the conditions from Hurricane Irma and making the choice to stay with his family. He said that the Hurricane forced his family to sleep in the gym and led to the death of his bulldog.

Perry, on a recent episode of ESPN’s Five Rounds podcast, took Alves to task for his decision, saying that he’s from Florida as well and he made the fight, and so did Alves’ teammates (transcribed by MMA Fighting):

“Listen, here’s an opportunity for him to make a hundred…

Mike Perry blasts Thiago Alves for UFC Pittsburgh pullout: ‘We all came from Florida’

M

member 3289

He has a point. Plus Orlando where Perry is from got hit worse than Broward County, where Alves lives.

He scared.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Mike Perry needs to mind his own business.. when it's a LEGIT family issue everybody situation is different...Last time I checked Alves has beat and fought some of the greats..I'm sure he isn't scared of nobody

M

member 3289

Mike Perry needs to mind his own business.. when it's a LEGIT family issue everybody situation is different...Last time I checked Alves has beat and fought some of the greats..I'm sure he isn't scared of nobody
I don't think any MMA fighters are truly scared (I just like to joke), but Alves's excuse is a pretty poor one.

So what he had to take his family to stay at ATT for a few days? They've got live-in dorms there with full kitchens and all that.

It's not like Alves was suffering.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I don't think any MMA fighters are truly scared (I just like to joke), but Alves's excuse is a pretty poor one.

So what he had to take his family to stay at ATT for a few days? They've got live-in dorms there with full kitchens and all that.

It's not like Alves was suffering.
There's more that goes into it that just living situations.. mike Perry has a valid point point it is moot now..Alves is in the twilight of good career and I think perry needs a stiff test..Lawler makes sense of you ask me..

M

member 3289

There's more that goes into it that just living situations.. mike Perry has a valid point point it is moot now..Alves is in the twilight of good career and I think perry needs a stiff test..Lawler makes sense of you ask me..
I'd love to see that fight, honestly.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
I say Lawler. You want to call out The Ruthless One, you deserve to get your shot. Just don't expect me to feel bad if you get carried out on a stretcher.