IMG/GIF Mike Perry's Path to Welterweight Title?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BTPida7FedV/

I'd vote for him to fight Tarek or Kim. Guy like Gunnar or Cerrone are still too much to risk ATM. The rest of the guys don't have enough name recognition.
Perry vs Matt Brown would be fun. I think brown would be too technical for him (I never thought I'd write that about Brown) but if he can get Matt brawling it has the potential to turn into an all out war in the middle of the octagon.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Mike Perry is considered a sophisticated aristocrat in Florida. There is talk of him running for governor after he retires.

Last edited:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
He has some work to do.......

And i backed him to win, alongside Iaquinta and Swanson........looks like I do get some picks right after all, innit

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Perry vs Matt Brown would be fun. I think brown would be too technical for him (I never thought I'd write that about Brown) but if he can get Matt brawling it has the potential to turn into an all out war in the middle of the octagon.
I think Brown would tko him.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Jack Slack wrote a good article on Perry, this paragraph pretty much sums the fight up.

It made for bizarre viewing as Perry would go from lunging wild and throwing himself off balance, to applying three picture perfect kicks, each setting up the next between feints. Midway through the first round it seemed that the fight was as much between Mike Perry’s coaches and Mike Perry’s emotions as it was between Perry and Ellenberger.

Here's the link, it's worth the read.

The Duality of Platinum Mike Perry: Sublime and Ridiculous | FIGHTLAND

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think that fight would be awesome but don't feel either would gain from it. Mike just beat #13 so why go backwards. Matt's fought some of the best and showed well. If Perry's not even ranked that's a dangerous fight for him to take.

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
There is no way I'm missing any more of his fights, but after listening to him in interviews, he better hope this fighting thing works out.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Mike Perry (10-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) has earned all of his career victories by knockout. He’s earned six of those finishes in Round 1.

Perry has landed six knockdowns in four UFC appearances.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I cannot figure out why I said what I said earlier in this thread but war mikey!

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Mike Perry (10-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) has earned all of his career victories by knockout. He’s earned six of those finishes in Round 1.

Perry has landed six knockdowns in four UFC appearances.

I remember thinking holy shit at that elbow. In slo mo you can really see how bad someone's head bounced when they get kod