IMG/GIF Mike Perry's Path to Welterweight Title?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

After last night I think we can all agree that "Platinum" Mike Perry is the future of the 170-lb division.

More power than Robbie Lawler and the chin of a Diaz brother, this guy is a force to be reckoned with:

Small setback against Jouban but learned from his mistakes, came back, and took out a top 15 guy in devastating fashion:

View: https://oddshot.tv/s/W0XfhX

He's clearly top 10 already, so I'm thinking if he takes out Cerrone, Masvidal, and Lawler (in that order), Woodley won't have anywhere to hide.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

member 3289

Haters and naysayers feel free to voice your opinions. It's all g---

AHHHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYYYY! YOU THOUGHT I WAS GONNA SHAKE YO HAND???!!!

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I just found out he trains out of the UFC gym right outside my neighborhood. I didn't know actual fighters trained out of those. Thought it was a soccer mom gimmick.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
The fkd up thing is I muddy realized I accidentally picked jake..i was pissed

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Small setback against Jouban but learned from his mistakes, came back, and took out a top 15 guy in devastating fashion:
I think Perry needs a step up in competition before I would even consider him WW champion material.

Sure Ellenburger was top 15.... Not sure how though, the Jake is 3-7 in his last 10 fights.

M

member 3289

I think Perry needs a step up in competition before I would even consider him WW champion material.

Sure Ellenburger was top 15.... Not sure how though, the Jake is 3-7 in his last 10 fights.
Perry is a HUGE welterweight

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Put him against a good wrestler (I realize jakes a wrestler but he hasn't looked good for quite a while now) and I think he'll have issues. He also seemed to mentally break in the jouban scrap, when his game plan wasn't working he couldn't change things up.

I like the guy and you can tell he wants to do well. If he can pick up a few more tools he certainly has the potential to get the title.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Did anybody else catch this quote pre fight?

“I’m going to touch him when I want, and I’m going to make him think I don’t have what it’s going to take to hurt him,” Perry said. “And then when he steps in that target zone, I’m going to hit him with the hardest shot he’s ever been hit with.”

Mike Perry plans to lull Jake Ellenberger before dropping hammer at UFC Fight Night 108

I just rewatched the fight and he followed that plan beautifully. Round one is just a feeling out for both mainly which was good, shows Perry is becoming more patient. Around 4:30 Jake gets his best shot in, an uppercut that looks to have broke Mike's nose (not confirmed just going by mashed in nose in post fight talks) It's at this point Perry feels his bait has been taken. He knows Jake has made himself comfortable and thinks he can't get hurt. At 4:15 Perry unloads a left hook dropping Jake. After bleeding all over Jake's back in sprawl position Mike let's him up, works in a clinch then lands an incredible elbow to the face knocking Jake out cold.

And the last time I saw that kind of finish would be here

Obvious difference is that Mike's a real powerhouse with precise precision.

10-0
10 KOs

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Oh and Wild @Wild if you're not a fan yet watch the official announcement being made. He licks his gloves clean, slaps his face then you can hear him say "Bee Jay!"

Go to 0:53 here to witness

Also if you ever have a girl get this amped for you ever...

Lock that shit up. Being an attractive blonde is just a YUGE bonus.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Just book Perry vs Woodley now. Had enough of Woodley, Perry KO's him in the first.
Fuck that! Strip Woodley of the belt for being whiny and just give it to Perry. Just keep him away from boring point fighters and he'll keep it for 12 years at least. Blow DJ and Silvas defends record out the water

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Only way to the title is if the top 10 all retire at the same time.. he will be just another spot filler

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
The guy knows how to sell it and shows impressive skills in the octagon. I may consider becoming a fan of this dude. He's not quite there yet. However, telling Raging Al to calm down, has put him on the fast track. This is a guy that needs to be build, and he will do the rest.

T

The Big Guy

Match him with santiago ponzinibbio and watch the fireworks. Santiago has like a 95% finish rate. Guaranteed FOTN

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Good lordy lord. Marc Goddard needs to tak e along hard look at himself after this attrocity. How dead do you need a guy to be before jumping in?

On the main topic, the guy is a first class asshole, but that doesnt make him a bad fighter. As soon as he fights a wrestler with a good gameplan or a striker with range and good movement and headmovement he will be shown up. Jouban made him look a bit average on the feet. If he connects it's a good chance it's lights out. If not then he's out of ideas.

As much as it pains me to say, KO'ing Jake Ellenberger doesnt have the weight it once had. Jake is way past his prime and from that era of fighters that are dropping off in their performances. A nice name for the resume but for me it doesnt raise his stock much. His loss to Jouban dropped it further than this win raised it.

M

member 3289

Good lordy lord. Marc Goddard needs to tak e along hard look at himself after this attrocity. How dead do you need a guy to be before jumping in?

On the main topic, the guy is a first class asshole, but that doesnt make him a bad fighter. As soon as he fights a wrestler with a good gameplan or a striker with range and good movement and headmovement he will be shown up. Jouban made him look a bit average on the feet. If he connects it's a good chance it's lights out. If not then he's out of ideas.

As much as it pains me to say, KO'ing Jake Ellenberger doesnt have the weight it once had. Jake is way past his prime and from that era of fighters that are dropping off in their performances. A nice name for the resume but for me it doesnt raise his stock much. His loss to Jouban dropped it further than this win raised it.
That's the future welterweight champ you're talking about BOYYYYYYY