Lifestyle Mike Piazza Rescues a Hot Babe

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Dave Steib hates that motherfucker.
I'll never forget that fucking game for as long as I live. A few years later I think it was 94 McDonald's came up with a set of MLB cards each team had a player. The Yankee was Roberto Kelly. No one wanted that fucking card, but you needed it to complete your set.

Dave Stieb doesn't get enough respect.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Hm maybe you call it track and field or something? The stuff that all of the sudden everyone cares about when the Olympic games are happening.
yep
all the running and throwing and jumping events fall under Track and Field or just Track

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Would have been better if they just said "Hey bitch. Stand up"

That show was so fucking dumb. Pam Anderson was a bombshell though. No denying that.

As for Piazza - I think this would have been the year after he won NL ROY. He was arguably the best hitting catcher of all time, and his defense gets shit on because he was so damn good at hitting.

But I'll still take Johnny Bench over Piazza all day long, although in this skit Johnny might have been trying to save a dude instead of a big-tittied brunette who was too dumb to stand up.
She was so fine until america got their filthy dick beaters on her.

sl86i0azrrc41.jpg

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
Hm maybe you call it track and field or something? The stuff that all of the sudden everyone cares about when the Olympic games are happening.
Yes. When I was a wee laddie in England, I competed in "athletics".
Came to 'Murica where they call it "Track & Field".
An yes, sadly, they only care once every four years so true lol.

Namaste

M

member 1013

Yes. When I was a wee laddie in England, I competed in "athletics".
Came to 'Murica where they call it "Track & Field".
An yes, sadly, they only care once every four years so true lol.

Namaste
I did shot put what about you

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
He was the best hitting catcher of all time and underrated behind the plate controlling games

The most important part of a catcher’s job is handling his pitchers and in this area Piazza was superb. Here is one of the most telling statistics. In his career behind the plate, pitchers had a 3.80 ERA when Piazza was catching. If you look at all the other catchers who caught the same pitchers in the same year that Piazza did, they allowed a 4.34 ERA. That’s a major difference, much more important than a few extra bases stolen. (In fact, Piazza’s catcher ERA of 3.81 includes the run value of any extra stolen bases he allowed.)

Craig Wright wrote an excellent article in The Hardball Times Baseball Annual 2009 called "Piazza, Hall of Fame Catcher". He did a detailed sabermetric study that showed that hitters had a .723 OPS with Piazza behind the plate and a .748 OPS with other catchers. This 25-point differential is highly significant. In further studies that we did in The Fielding Bible—Volume II, we found that Piazza saved at least 20 to 70 runs more than an average catcher defensively, depending on the technique that we used.

I highly recommend checking out the Piazza article by Craig Wright ... My conclusion is the same as his from that article:

"Mike Piazza was not a defensive liability who made up for it with his bat. The greatest offensive catcher in the history of Major League Baseball was a good defensive catcher as well."
Who are the other catchers? The back-ups? Late game subs? Catchers from crappy teams the pitchers got traded for? This is a weird statistical manipulation to get at a positive result.

M

member 1013

Who are the other catchers? The back-ups? Late game subs? Catchers from crappy teams the pitchers got traded for? This is a weird statistical manipulation to get at a positive result.
I noticed this too but I am not a cyber bully like you

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
For the dodgers it was mainly Carlos Hernandez a very good defensive catcher who went to the padres and started for their 98 World Series team. Most backup catchers have a job because they are good defensively and can’t hit.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
For the dodgers it was mainly Carlos Hernandez a very good defensive catcher who went to the padres and started for their 98 World Series team. Most backup catchers have a job because they are good defensively and can’t hit.
Yeah, but how much playing time does a backup catcher realistically see? What are the situations where they get called in? I'm just saying, to suggest those numbers are statistically significant is a bit of a stretch. I watched Piazza in New York for his whole career there plus my girlfriend would bang him right in front of me she's such a Mets Stan. The consensus here in the East is he was defensively okay at best.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Yeah, but how much playing time does a backup catcher realistically see? What are the situations where they get called in? I'm just saying, to suggest those numbers are statistically significant is a bit of a stretch. I watched Piazza in New York for his whole career there plus my girlfriend would bang him right in front of me she's such a Mets Stan. The consensus here in the East is he was defensively okay at best.
I don’t disagree with him possibly just being okay. I just think he’s better than people generally give him credit for.
It looks like during his years with the dodgers the backup catcher started 20-30 games a year and they played in 40-50. Not sure how many of those appearances were pinch hits though.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Super Troopers 2
A documentary about a small Canadian town who finds out they are actually in American territory and the transition to becoming Americans. We also find out the out going Canadian mayor is corrupt. Great story telling.

13/10

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Super Troopers 2
A documentary about a small Canadian town who finds out they are actually in American territory and the transition to becoming Americans. We also find out the out going Canadian mayor is corrupt. Great story telling.

13/10
Wrong thread?90a43zv757f51.jpg

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
In his career behind the plate, pitchers had a 3.80 ERA when Piazza was catching. If you look at all the other catchers who caught the same pitchers in the same year that Piazza did, they allowed a 4.34 ERA. That’s a major difference, much more important than a few extra bases stolen.
LOL. This dude had to look pretty damn hard to find a positive defensive stat for Piazza. And it's largely meaningless. "If you look at all the other catchers who caught the same pitchers in the same year that Piazza did..."

Piazza was the starter. I would hope he was better than his fucking backup.

His backups...
'93-'97 Dodgers * Carlos Hernandez & Tom Prince
'98-'05 Mets * Alberto Castillo, Tim Spehr, Jorge Fagregas, Rick Wilkins, Todd Pratt, Vance Wilson, Jason Phillips, Joe Despastino, Ramon Castro & Mike Difelice
'06 Padres * Josh Bard, Rob Bowen & Doug Mirabelli
'07 A's * Piazza was DH

While gathering those names, I completely forgot that Piazza was a Marlin for a hot minute in 1998.

1596972072035.png

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
5 most popular after football are ski jumping, biathlon, athletics, motor sports, and handball. In order.
That brings back memories.

I used to love calling up my friends from the neighborhood when I was 10 years old to see if they wanted to get together and play some athletics.

WTF?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
You mean football, we all know you are scared to really compete in the major team sport worldwide with others and rather just create you own weird team sports and claim world leadership.
It's like a coping mechanism for being embarrassingly bad.
If you'd at least do rugby or something.

Basketball being the only exception really. That one you can be proud of.
Rugby guys are tough. I can watch that sport even if I don't always know what's going on.

Soccer players are fucking pussies. You can't watch a game for longer than 5 minutes without someone falling down acting like they just got shot. I'm embarrassed for them. The women soccer players are WAY tougher than the men.