Mike Winkeljohn: ‘I think Holly Holm can pick Cris Cyborg apart’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Cris Cyborg finally got her taste of UFC gold when she stopped Tonya Evinger in round three of their title fight at UFC 214 two weeks ago. Her first challenger was up in the air for a moment, until she herself called out former bantamweight champion Holly Holm for UFC 219 the company’s year-end card in Las Vegas.

The fight has yet to be finalized, but renowned striking coach Mike Winkeljohn is already liking the idea for his fighter.

“I think Holly can pick her apart. There’s no doubt about that,” Winkeljohn told Submission Radio. “What people don’t understand is how strong Holly is too in the clinch, on her feet and moving and stuff. Cris is definitely going to try to do most of her damage by pushing…

Winkeljohn: I think Holm can pick Cyborg apart

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
I don't buy it. Might be more competitive than the Evinger fight but Cris is way to aggressive to get picked apart at distance.

In the clinch Cris just takes her down and either sub or g&p

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
He might be right... But with Holly looking like half through woman since Ronda I doubt it.

Although some people do get out of bed for the big fights... If she did the double then shit, she'd go down in legend despite a super salty record

Severianb

Posting Machine
Aug 5, 2015
Holly makes 135lbs like clockwork.

Cyborg barely makes 145 and has mannish strength, probably due to years of massive steroid use.

The fact we are even talking about a 135lb fighter who is 1-3 in her last 4 fights facing Cyborg for a belt makes me sad. Instead of this joke 145lb division, we could of had 105, which is competitive and has some hot little spinners, most of them Asian. Which suits my Yellow Fever just fine.

Bi Nguyen:

Jinh Yu Frey: