Miletich fired by LFA for attending capitol protest

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
LFA removes Pat Miletich after involvement in protest that led to Capitol insurrection (Updated)

UFC Hall of Famer Pat Miletich announced Tuesday in a since-deleted Instagram post that LFA has released him from his color commentating job after his participation in the Jan. 6 events that led to an attempted coup against the U.S. government.

Several social media posts showed Miletich as a part of the group that marched from a rally outside the White House to the U.S. Capitol building. From there, many in the group breached the Capitol as a joint session of Congress was in the process of certifying President-elect Joe Biden’s Electoral College victory over incumbent President Donald Trump.

In the ensuing chaos, five people were killed, including a Capitol police officer, and dozens more were injured. There is no evidence that Miletich was personally involved in the storming of the Capitol; he said on Facebook that he “saw zero violence.”

“I just got a call from the folks at the LFA, and they informed me that they were getting a lot of pressure because I was at the Capitol, and I want you guys to know that the people who I walked with at the Capitol, none of them that I know of were involved in any of the violence,” Miletich said in his now-deleted Instagram video.

“The LFA was getting a lot of pressure, and they felt they needed to distance themselves from me,” he later added. “I understand their position.”

Miletich is regularly name-checked on the list of great fighters from MMA’s early days. He defeated Mikey Burnett to become the first holder of the UFC’s 170-pound championship (then called lightweight, now welterweight) on Oct. 16, 1998, and made four successful title defenses. His last MMA fight was a win over Thomas Denny in 2008, although he participated in a kickboxing bout last summer.

In the interim, his Miletich Fighting Systems camp in Bettendorf, Iowa, was one of the first great MMA gyms, producing UFC champions Matt Hughes, Jens Pulver, and Tim Sylvia. Miletich was named to the UFC Hall of Fame pioneer wing in 2014.

Miletich has become a prominent figure in right-wing libertarian circles in recent years. While espousing limited government, MFS took out a federal loan for $8,700 on May 1, 2020 through the PPP program designed to help small businesses during the coronavirus pandemic

Miletich has twice been arrested for operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol in recent years, first in Iowa in 2018 and again in Illinois last year.

Update: LFA president Ed Soares provided the following statement to MMA Junkie: “First and foremost, the LFA supports the participation of the constitutional right to peaceful protest. During preparations for the 2021 debut broadcast, it was brought to the LFA’s attention that photos of questionable nature surfaced on various social media outlets involving fight analyst Pat Miletich. While the LFA continues to investigate the situation, the decision was made to remove Mr. Miletich from broadcast duties for this Friday’s LFA 97 event.”

M

member 3289

The bigger problem was that he tweeted, "I saw no violence."

There was clearly violence at and around Capitol Hill. Five people died. And thus shmuck tried to give a false impression if zero violence, on top of his false message (in the tweet and in other tweets) of widespread voter fraud.

If you voted for Trump in 2020, you really are a loser who deserves all the bad shit that comes your way.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Bullshit

If they dropped him for the DUI issues I would understand

He did nothing wrong here...bowing to cancel culture will end badly for all of us

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
Bullshit

If they dropped him for the DUI issues I would understand

He did nothing wrong here...bowing to cancel culture will end badly for all of us
Sounds like he is trying to say he never entered the capitol building, if they got pics of him doing so he is dunzo

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
"During preparations for the 2021 debut broadcast, it was brought to the LFA’s attention that photos of questionable nature surfaced on various social media outlets involving fight analyst Pat Miletich."

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Sounds like he is trying to say he never entered the capitol building, if they got pics of him doing so he is dunzo
"There is no evidence that Miletich was personally involved in the storming of the Capitol"

do we assume guilt because he wore a red hat?

M

member 3289

"There is no evidence that Miletich was personally involved in the storming of the Capitol"

do we assume guilt because he wore a red hat?
Do research before spouting your nonsense opinions.

Miletich added that he “walked with white people, Black people [and] a lot of Chinese people who escaped communist China.” However, the photos published by Miletich on Jan. 6 showed him standing with a group of white men, one of whom was wearing a Right Wing Death Squad (RWDS) patch while the other flashed the OK hand sign—a gesture used by some to denote white power.

Yeah I'm gonna say he deserved to get fired.

Last edited by a moderator:

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015

Miletich added that he “walked with white people, Black people [and] a lot of Chinese people who escaped communist China.” However, the photos published by Miletich on Jan. 6 showed him standing with a group of white men, one of whom was wearing a Right Wing Death Squad (RWDS) patch while the other flashed the OK hand sign—a gesture used by some to denote white power.

He looks so happy

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Such bullshit. If he didn't enter the building then fuck LFA. Lots of people have been getting fired just for being there. This is why we're all in a powerkeg waiting to explode...

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015

Am I seeing this wrong or did he bring a TWR? Coupled with the military - like outfits one could easily assume they are on a mission, not a protest.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

What exactly did Pat do wrong?
Pose for a picture with those people?

MrSandman

Apr 11, 2020
Pat did all that?
What exactly are his charges?
They're a company- they don't have to charge him with anything. If they think their association with him is going to make their company look bad, then they won't employ him. That's exactly what happened.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
They're a company- they don't have to charge him with anything. If they think their association with him is going to make their company look bad, then they won't employ him. That's exactly what happened.
LFA and Ed Soares can do what they want...I don't agree with it but that is their call

I was asking what Pat's charges are
Do any of the people in that photo have pending charges from Jan 6th?
Or are they just guilty for being there that day?
These people who violently charged into the capital, causing the death of 5 people..?
Your above post makes it seem like those people in that image and Pat were violent and charged the capitol...I have yet to see proof of that.

Cancel him for LFA...Fine.

Calling him a violent white supremacist...Not Ok

Last edited:

MrSandman

Apr 11, 2020
I was asking what Pat's charges are
Do any of the people in that photo have pending charges from Jan 6th?
Or are they just guilty for being there that day?
Yeah, that's right. Guilt by association- unless video shows up of him throwing hands to defend the capital (it won't) nobody wants to be seen doing business with these assholes.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
As grotesque as the capitol coup attempt was, when you start locking people up and firing them from their jobs simply for being somewhere, you only exacerbate the problem.

But then again, that's why workers need unions.

MrSandman

Apr 11, 2020
As grotesque as the capitol coup attempt was, when you start locking people up and firing them from their jobs simply for being somewhere, you only exacerbate the problem.
Fuck that. It's not like they're being punished for attending a rally. They forced their way into the capital, waving a confederate flag inside a building where it should never be seen. They waved 'blue lives matter' flags while assaulting and killing at least one officer. I don't feel a bit sorry for any of them.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yeah, that's right. Guilt by association- unless video shows up of him throwing hands to defend the capital (it won't) nobody wants to be seen doing business with these assholes.
Throwing hands to defend the capitol would absolve him of taking a photo with "white supremacists"?

Interesting thought.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Throwing hands to defend the capitol would absolve him of taking a photo with "white supremacists"?

Interesting thought.
It would help the case of "he was there trying to make a statement but his allegiance was still to the republic and he obviously just missed the fact that those people in the photo were racists"

I should add that the last part is still very possible. But the benefit of doubt for a conspiracy guy with bad DUI history is pretty thin as it stands.