Miocic brings in Bader for UFC 226 training camp

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Ahead of his UFC heavyweight title fight against light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier at UFC 226, Stipe Miocic has brought in former UFC fighter and Bellator champion Ryan Bader to his training camp.

Miocic (18-2) broke the record for the most consecutive UFC heavyweight title defenses (3) when he defeated Francis Ngannou by unanimous decision at UFC 220 in January. Prior to that fight, the 35-year-old had knocked out top heavyweight contenders such as Junior dos Santos and Alistair Overeem to defend his title.

Bader, 34, took to Instagram last week to post pictures of himself and Miocic training together at the Strong Style Training…

Stipe Miocic brings in Bellator champion Ryan Bader for UFC 226 training camp

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Good experience for both guys. Should help Bader in the Bellator tourney as well.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This helps Bader more than Stipe. Sure Cormier and Bader are outstanding wrestlers who came into MMA and did great, Cormier obviously greater. However, outside of both guys wrestling, their striking is way different. Cormier is way more fluid and fights way more on the inside with his striking. For sure it is not a waste of time for Stipe, still an incredible training partner, so still a great thing for the fighters. I just don't see Bader really helping a lot to mimic Cormier. Fedor would be the best guy for Stipe to train wtih to actually improve his odds in the Cormier fight. King Mo possibly also, because he was or is strong friends with Cormier, and likely would be a very solid guy to mimic Cormier. Maybe Ilir Latifi?

Smart of Bader, rooting for Mitrione but that is a tossup fight and training with Stipe might tip the balance for me to thinking Bader is the winner of that fight. Things like this get me more tuned in for a fight than throwing bottles and dollies and money on the floor and acting a clown to get people to buy PPV's. YouBet

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
should have brought in Jon Jones to learn how to fuck with DC's emotions