Mir detained in Brazil for having ammo on him

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/ufc-hea...n-his-suitcase

Former UFC heavyweight champ Frank Mir had almost passed airport security in Brazil when he was waved back. Something was inside his luggage.

“I have a bunch of different gym bags, too many bags that I use, and my backpack, I guess, I hadn’t used it since I went shooting last,” Mir (16-9 MMA, 14-9 UFC) today told MMAjunkie Radio from Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, where he meets Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva (18-6-1 MMA, 2-3-1 UFC) in Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 61 headliner.

Officers rescanned Mir’s backpack and tried to figure out what was wrong. Mir emptied its contents. At first, he didn’t find anything. But then, he pulled out one of two 9-mm bullets.

“I flew from (Las) Vegas to (Los Angeles); no one noticed it,” he said. “I flew from LA to Sao Paulo; no one noticed it.”

Mir doesn’t speak much Portuguese, and the officers didn’t speak much English, so it wasn’t exactly easy for him to explain the situation, which Globo first reported.

Luckily it's all been worked out and the fight will go on this weekend.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Man, that used to happen all the time when I was in the military. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I flew with 5.56 and 7.62 in my carry on bags... Not once was it caught

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If Mir were to shoot and kill Bigfoot, would it be the first documented Sasquatch capture ever?

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I Wild Each It;24691 said:
If Mir were to shoot and kill Bigfoot, would it be the first documented Sasquatch capture ever?
Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Suicidalforlife;n24670 said:
I was thinking he could get the tap but shooting him is a much better game plan.

Hilarious first reply.

Maybe because in my head I could easily visualize Bigfoot and Mir across the cage from one another. Frank Mir wearing black shorts with a black kneebrace on one of his legs(left), with that Frank Mir ready to fight look, then Herb Dean dressed in all black claps his hands for the fight to start, then one of Frank Mir's cornermen tosses Frank a 9mm over the octagon, Frank catches it, points it at bigfoot and immediately pulls the trigger-BOOM bigfoot goes down.

There's 4.5 seconds of absolute silence and then Mike Goldburg yells....."It's ALLLLLLLL OVER"

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
D241;n24726 said:
Hilarious first reply.

Maybe because in my head I could easily visualize Bigfoot and Mir across the cage from one another. Frank Mir wearing black shorts with a black kneebrace on one of his legs(left), with that Frank Mir ready to fight look, then Herb Dean dressed in all black claps his hands for the fight to start, then one of Frank Mir's cornermen tosses Frank a 9mm over the octagon, Frank catches it, points it at bigfoot and immediately pulls the trigger-BOOM bigfoot goes down.

There's 4.5 seconds of absolute silence and then Mike Goldburg yells....."It's ALLLLLLLL OVER"
The body can be stuffed and out on display in the sasquatch museum.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
D241;n24726 said:
Hilarious first reply.

lol Mericuunnnss > :AR15firing: