MLB Playoffs 2015

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FURMASTER

Any day now...
Oct 21, 2015
It is unbelievable the way KC makes contact. Yeah maybe normal 50 years ago but not in today's game with most pitchers throwing 95+along with crazy spinning shit.

I was pulling for the Mets but after watching KCs at bats I'm loving it.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This 3rd base coach needs help. They should have AT LEAST one more run.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
KC just can't lose!

best team I ever saw over a two year span. great teams usually fall apart in the off season but these Royals fed off last year's postseason and now they seem to be invincible.

I only didn't get depressed for missing the Game 1 comeback because there was no way in hell I could stay awake. it would've been an awful day yesterday. but this postseason is making me love baseball again. when they cool off and start losing then I'll proudly call myself a Royals fan.

Apr 3, 2015
I feel terrible for the true Jays fans. fuck the bandwaggoners.

AA leaving is a true idea of what Rogers and Shaipro has in store. I am SHOCKED they brought in Shapiro. I am honestly surprised he is even finding work in MLB. he inherited a team that took him to the ALCS 8 years ago and did nothing since. literally did nothing but bank and trade prospects.

and I truely want to strangle any "fan" that complains that they "sold the farm" for this season. they clearly dont know jack shit about baseball. I dont hear any Yankee or Boston or Cardinal or Giants fans complaining about the farm team?!?! thats because they field a team that has a chance every year. and when you do that free agents want to play there. then your farm team is there only for trades and to keep the real blue chip prospects.

its going to be a LONG year in Toronto....IMO, this team will look VERY different by trade deadline next season.

Apr 3, 2015
I see people complaining that they essentially traded Noah syndergaard for RA Dickey. I see that and think "you're a fool".

the trade was 3 years ago, Noah was a PROSPECT at the time, and they landed the reigning CY Young winner in Dickey, who they got over 600 inning of work out of.

no one knew for certain that Noah would be that good, and he is still only a 3rd stinger. possibly an ace one day but for my money, I would've taken Dickey over the chance of having Noah pan out, or even better still, get traded for someone else.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
I see people complaining that they essentially traded Noah syndergaard for RA Dickey. I see that and think "you're a fool".

the trade was 3 years ago, Noah was a PROSPECT at the time, and they landed the reigning CY Young winner in Dickey, who they got over 600 inning of work out of.

no one knew for certain that Noah would be that good, and he is still only a 3rd stinger. possibly an ace one day but for my money, I would've taken Dickey over the chance of having Noah pan out, or even better still, get traded for someone else.
as a mets fan, I love that trade but agree. dickey was lights out @ the time, and d’arnaud & syndeergard were both a few years away. d'arnaud could't stay healthy IIRC (still can't).

hindsight is 20/20

RA was awesome & a great guy. only hesitation would have been him moving to the AL east. he was virtually unhittable his CY young year.

Apr 3, 2015
ya, his numbers only dropped because he went to the toughest division in baseball and that Toronto team for the first couple years of AA was awful due to the previous management.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015

absolutely agreed. it's no wonder Toronto built a winning team with this mentality.

I also believe that out of all the big name, award winning acquisition you could think of, a knuckleballer who just won the Cy Young award is not the best choice on the money. but anyway even if he fell short of expectations, just the 600+ plus innings of reliable work in the AL East was well worth trading for a prospect who could've turned out to nothing.

it's the same mentality of when the Giants used Tim Lincecum to clinch the WS in 2010. even if that's what broke him, then it was worth winning the WS. Barry Bonds played a lifetime for them and never won it.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I feel terrible for the true Jays fans. fuck the bandwaggoners.

AA leaving is a true idea of what Rogers and Shaipro has in store. I am SHOCKED they brought in Shapiro. I am honestly surprised he is even finding work in MLB. he inherited a team that took him to the ALCS 8 years ago and did nothing since. literally did nothing but bank and trade prospects.

and I truely want to strangle any "fan" that complains that they "sold the farm" for this season. they clearly dont know jack shit about baseball. I dont hear any Yankee or Boston or Cardinal or Giants fans complaining about the farm team?!?! thats because they field a team that has a chance every year. and when you do that free agents want to play there. then your farm team is there only for trades and to keep the real blue chip prospects.

its going to be a LONG year in Toronto....IMO, this team will look VERY different by trade deadline next season.
I'm not terribly fussed about AA leaving. He made some great moves while he was in Toronto and he made some bad ones. The Halladay trade was horrendous. The Dickey trade was okay, and the Donaldson trade was pretty brilliant even though it meant giving up Graveman. The Tulo trade was a defensive upgrade at the expense of a bigger contract while being an offensive break even. The Price trade, I said then and I'll say now, if they don't get him signed for 2016, it's not a good move. Obviously winning the World Series would've negated that statement, but they didn't so here we are. While he was in Toronto it was a great ride, no question, and for that every fan should be grateful to Alex; but it isn't likely the team withers up and dies in his absence. Unless of course he left knowing that he shipped off their best pitching prospect and that he already knows Price and Estrada aren't coming back, which seems to be a topic no one is discussing.

Apr 3, 2015
I'm not terribly fussed about AA leaving. He made some great moves while he was in Toronto and he made some bad ones. The Halladay trade was horrendous. The Dickey trade was okay, and the Donaldson trade was pretty brilliant even though it meant giving up Graveman. The Tulo trade was a defensive upgrade at the expense of a bigger contract while being an offensive break even. The Price trade, I said then and I'll say now, if they don't get him signed for 2016, it's not a good move. Obviously winning the World Series would've negated that statement, but they didn't so here we are. While he was in Toronto it was a great ride, no question, and for that every fan should be grateful to Alex; but it isn't likely the team withers up and dies in his absence. Unless of course he left knowing that he shipped off their best pitching prospect and that he already knows Price and Estrada aren't coming back, which seems to be a topic no one is discussing.
I can see that, but the thing is, most of those players (tulo, donaldson, Price etc) wanted to play for AA, AA was the man that got them. its not easy for players to want to play in toronto and you had a guy that could actually get and keep talent.

no one wants to play for Shapiro. you know for a fact that you will never get a chance at winning with shapiro.

I guarantee Price and others wont be signing and they even may go as far as asking to be traded.

Apr 3, 2015
they werent keeping Doc. he wanted out. so he had to trade him for what he could get to a team that Doc approved. it wasnt like AA just up and traded the best pitcher in baseball for no reason. Doc wanted to win and he wasnt getting that in Toronto. so to say it was a bad trade is short sighted at best.

Dickey trade was a wash, Donaldson for Lawrie is probably the trade of the decade, especially if Donaldson can have another career year. Tulo for Reyes IMO was a brilliant move. the Price trade is tricky (he's easily one of my favorite pitchers going back to his college days) but I am okay with it because if Price didnt go 9 - 1 to end the season you wouldn't even of had a playoffs to complain about.

Price probably would have stayed if AA was still at the helm, can basically say for certain he wont be staying now, and I dont blame him.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I can see that, but the thing is, most of those players (tulo, donaldson, Price etc) wanted to play for AA, AA was the man that got them. its not easy for players to want to play in toronto and you had a guy that could actually get and keep talent.

no one wants to play for Shapiro. you know for a fact that you will never get a chance at winning with shapiro.

I guarantee Price and others wont be signing and they even may go as far as asking to be traded.
Shapiro isn't going to be the GM, and AA's job wouldn't have changed. He's leaving for reasons he isn't sharing. He was offered a sweet contract with an opt out clause after the first season. He declined it. He better than anyone knows the state of the Jays pitching, including which way the free agents are leaning, and that's probably why he left. The traded players didn't care about playing for AA, when you're traded you go, and that's all there is to it. Did they put in more effort because AA was a nice guy? Maybe, but that's a pretty big insult to the coaching staff and the other players on the team to say that guys only want to play for a team because of the GM.

Apr 3, 2015
Shapiro isn't going to be the GM, and AA's job wouldn't have changed. He's leaving for reasons he isn't sharing. He was offered a sweet contract with an opt out clause after the first season. He declined it. He better than anyone knows the state of the Jays pitching, including which way the free agents are leaning, and that's probably why he left. The traded players didn't care about playing for AA, when you're traded you go, and that's all there is to it. Did they put in more effort because AA was a nice guy? Maybe, but that's a pretty big insult to the coaching staff and the other players on the team to say that guys only want to play for a team because of the GM.
are you living under a rock?? players want to play for a specific GM or Manager all the time. AA is leaving because Shapiro wants final say on all trades and decisions, just like he had in Cleveland. Shapiro kept Cleveland in the rebuild mode for 15 years, his reason? "we need prospects". AA took this team from a shit stain of an organization to a division winner (arguably the hardest division to win in all of sports) in under 6 years....and 2 wins from a world series. its not AA's fault the hitting went flat with runners on base. the GM that shaipro hires will be nothing but a GM in name with no actual clout to make deals or tweak the team. and AA didnt want to be that kind of GM.

Shapiro is a meddling prick. and you will see so soon enough.

do you even watch baseball? or just the Jays?

Apr 3, 2015
Shapiro isn't going to be the GM, and AA's job wouldn't have changed. He's leaving for reasons he isn't sharing.
in the only meeting Shapiro had with AA he scolded AA on trading away the prospects for Tulo and Price and Donaldson...you know. the reason anyone even cares about the Jays at all this season.

AA doesnt want to work for a CEO that comes in and meddles with the team he built over half a decade. and I wouldnt blame him.

anyone who says otherwise is a johnny come lately fan IMO.

Apr 3, 2015
He better than anyone knows the state of the Jays pitching, including which way the free agents are leaning, and that's probably why he left.
no GM in the history of any game has left their job because some free agents didnt sign/re-sign with the team. its never happened and to think it does REALLY shows your knowledge.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
As someone who's followed the team for most of his life, I know all about the behind the scenes rumors, the public statements that haven't been refuted, and the lead up to and outcome of trades. But if you're simply going to resort to insults to show off your knowledge of a team you admittedly don't like, there's no point in me trying to have a conversation. Troll someone else.

Apr 3, 2015
As someone who's followed the team for most of his life, I know all about the behind the scenes rumors, the public statements that haven't been refuted, and the lead up to and outcome of trades. But if you're simply going to resort to insults to show off your knowledge of a team you admittedly don't like, there's no point in me trying to have a conversation. Troll someone else.
dude, its not a troll when I am stating the facts. I know you Toronto fans dont want to hear it. but its all down hill from here now that AA is gone.

for a life long fan, again, you dont sound very knowledgeable about the game.have you been following the team for only a few years? were you born after their last playoff appearance?

"He better than anyone knows the state of the Jays pitching, including which way the free agents are leaning, and that's probably why he left."

that sentence right there shows you know jack shit. and Jack left town. sorry if your lack of knowledge means you get insulted easily. that aint my problem, there's no crying in baseball. sack up dude.