MMA fighter dies three days after getting TKO’d

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
T

The Big Guy

A 26-year-old amateur MMA fighter died three days after he was knocked out during a fight in Massachusetts.

Rondel Clark was TKO’d by Ryan Dunn in the third round of their fight in Plymouth, Mass. The fight was part of Cage Titans XXXV, a regional MMA promotion.

Following the fight, Clark was transported to a local hospital but then was transferred to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston where he died early Tuesday morning.

The Massachusetts State Police, Plymouth County District Attorney’s Office, Plymouth Police, and the Massachusetts State Athletic Commission are now investigating the death.

Clark’s fight was on the preliminary card of the event which featured 20 matches.

Clark won his only previous fight via a 25-second TKO stoppage in June. This was Dunn’s third fight.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/15/mma-fighter-dies-three-days-after-getting-tkod/

T

The Big Guy

Damn thats fucked up. I want to see the video now to see how bad it was or maybe the ref was incompetent

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Tragedy plain and simple. The guys fighting in regional promotions are the real heroes of MMA and yet unless I hear about tragic news like this, I never really think about them. Putting their lives on the line for absolutely no payday. For the love of the sport and that's it.

EDIT: There are lots of other regional combat sport events too. Can't forget about them.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Always puts into perspective what these people are putting on the line when they step in there
So damn young

RIP

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Heart breaking

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Damn thats fucked up. I want to see the video now to see how bad it was or maybe the ref was incompetent
people die from hitting a tree skiing...doesn't take much

RIP young warrior

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Very sad. Very little information has come out concerning this, but given what Dellagrote said about him having a small and smooth weight cut and the report that he had kidney failure in the hospital I wonder if he was a victim of rhabdomyolysis or a cardiomyopathy.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
I have not seen the event, but reports from experienced observers is that he did not take significant damage, and that nothing seemed out of sorts aside from him being excessively tired to the point that he was not defending himself intelligently when the fight was stopped.