MMA Fighter threatens to kill Sherdog Staff member

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
The FF-Files: A Matter of Life and Death

Apparently an MMA fighter out of Russia Shamil Shamilov threatened to shoot sherdog staff member Jay Pettry in the head with a gun, when he wouldn't submit fellow fighter from ACA Abdul-Rakhman Temirov's fight and list it as a pro bout, since they had on headgear in the bout, which is a no no for pro bouts.

This got Shamil so rounded up and angry that he threatened to put an end to Jay Pettry's life: ”[Expletive] you with your sherdog !!!!! You are the bottom !!!!! You pull the sherdog down, you [expletive] bespectacled [expletive] !!! Jay Pettry, I’m watching you. Bullet in the forehead !!!!! Promise!!!!!!”

I did some digging and found out that the guy who threatened him is actually a fighter himself, with only 1 bout and a 0-1 record from Azerbaijan:

Shamil Shamilov MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Wild @Wild wanted to start a fight database when we started the site. I said, "no way! do you know where that kind of thinking goes??!?! No where good! You're playing with fire!"

Finally I have my day. Fight databases, serious business. Not even once.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Wild @Wild wanted to start a fight database when we started the site. I said, "no way! do you know where that kind of thinking goes??!?! No where good! You're playing with fire!"

Give me my Grey name (I wrestled in high school). You’ve got 24 hours or you won’t like the consequences.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
I used to work for sherdog and had this weird fighter try to get me to add fights/wins to his record. everyone used to take him down, no worries, so he dared fighters to stand with him, reckoning he was the best striker. a fair few straight mma strikers knocked him out after that I think

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I used to work for sherdog and had this weird fighter try to get me to add fights/wins to his record. everyone used to take him down, no worries, so he dared fighters to stand with him, reckoning he was the best striker. a fair few straight mma strikers knocked him out after that I think

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
You should have challenged him to a fight and started it off by putting a bunch of additional losses on his record and then pointed out that he’s a pussy for having some many losses

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015

I agree with wild

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
judging from the quality of sherdog trolls we get here i would say their staff must be real pieces of work

KABOOM

Oct 17, 2021
Later in the thread shamilovs contact info was posted, by said moderator. And Sherdog members were instructed to "feel free" to contact him.
This is how things escalate and sums up the professionalism of that forum.