MMA media that talk politics on their MMA twitter feeds

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Are they an immediate unfollow?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
They are better than the politics follows that are talking mcgregor vs mayweather these days

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Most of the MMA media are just narcissistic idiots with no training in journalism who have fastened onto "covering" mma because the doors are more open, and easier to step through, than in covering...almost anything else.

To listen to any narcissistic idiot talk/write/think about anything is eventually going to be agony, even if you agree with the position they're taking.

Hey: Spencer Lazaro: fuck you.

You, too, Eli-whatever-your-face-is-named.

Although Eli does manage to cover a lot of stuff...he has the drive, just not any training (and that is pretty fucking apparent all day long).

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I think it should be separate.
Because a journalist bias comes into play if they have different beliefs than a fighter or promoter does.

It is a slippery slope

I have my beliefs & I refuse to discuss them on a forum like this, because nobody is going to suddenly think different & it just creates friction.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Imo it's not an immediate unfollow as long as the mma coverage is of value to me. If it gets out of hand though, like either too hateful or too many tweets, then I will unfollow.

These days, there is little objective reporting, and way too much opinion journalism anyway. If you don't forgive people for having different opinions from you once in a while, you won't get any news.

Even when you get a strict news report, then you have to suffer through all the journalist in-fighting about who reported what first and who didn't google so they could cite someone they don't follow and didn't use as a source, just so everyone gives each other credit for being first to break the news of who's going to be on the fight pass prelims.

The nonsense with the MMAJA is ridiculous on all sides too.

I find I have to forgive a lot of opinions and extra stuff just to get a little bit of real news.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Just to clarify, I think who's going to be on the fight pass prelims is important news (to me specifically), and I also think there are good reasons to have an MMAJA. I'm just talking about the politics around those things.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Not an immediate unfollow, but definitely will unfollow if it consists mostly of political talk.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
It depends on the frequency. I don't mind people taking the occasional shot at Trump but you look at some people's feeds and it's like TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP GRRR BAD TRUMP AWFUL TRUMP GRRR TRUMP TRUMP every fucking day and that gets tiring really quick.

I don't subscribe to the idea that public figures should STFU and stay out of politics; everyone should be able to express their views freely. But when it becomes obsessive and redundant that usually leads to an unfollow.

I love Judd Apatow's movies and want to follow him because he's a funny, thoughtful dude, but the Trump obsession just gets really boring.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
It depends on the frequency. I don't mind people taking the occasional shot at Trump but you look at some people's feeds and it's like TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP GRRR BAD TRUMP AWFUL TRUMP GRRR TRUMP TRUMP every fucking day and that gets tiring really quick.

I don't subscribe to the idea that public figures should STFU and stay out of politics; everyone should be able to express their views freely. But when it becomes obsessive and redundant that usually leads to an unfollow.

I love Judd Apatow's movies and want to follow him because he's a funny, thoughtful dude, but the Trump obsession just gets really boring.
You like Apatow movies because they all have a dick shot in them.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
It doesn't bother me too much. People need to talk about what they need to talk about, especially on a medium like Twitter where people need to vent.

But there have been a few people that I've deleted because it's just turned into too much.

I'm not a Trump supporter by any stretch of the imagination but I also am not going to go out of my way to bash him every single second of the day as some do.

So if Luke Thomas, Ariel, the Junkie guys, or any other member of the MMA media wants to throw out the occasional tweet about something unrelated to MMA then I'm cool with it. If it becomes a constant distraction then I'll cull them from the herd.