VID MMA Podcast Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015
What up errbody. I've run across fantastic mma podcast episodes that I've wanted to post, but I didn't want to flood the board with a wall of them so I've decided to start a thread where people can post great mma podcasts that they want to get the word out about as they're released. Feel free to contribute I'm always looking for new mma podcasts or episodes that I may have missed.

So for the first one Tai Tuivasa and Tyson Pedro (both of which are fighting on UFC 221 this weekend) have a podcast called the Halfcast. They just released an episode with Robert Whittaker that I highly recommend!

The Halfcast Podcast by Unknown on Apple Podcasts

Rambla

Posting Machine
Nov 17, 2015
MMA Hour (on mondays), Believe You Me (Bisping's), MMA Roasted, You're Welcome (Chael's), MMA Beat, UFC Unfiltered (Serra's).

These ones i listen regularly...

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
MMA Hour (on mondays), Believe You Me (Bisping's), MMA Roasted, You're Welcome (Chael's), MMA Beat, UFC Unfiltered (Serra's).

These ones i listen regularly...
This week's MMA Hour was actually pretty fucking solid. Hard to dislike an episode with Rampage, Derrick Lewis, and Robert Whittaker even if it did have Ali on and Fabricio showing up wearing a fucking Akhmat MMA shirt like an asshole

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Fuck yeah live now!

Interesting guy, Matt Brown
I've always thought of him as a true fighter (kinda like the Diaz bros) who stays in the moment and just fights instead following certain gameplans and seems like that's true.
He's very much into sports psychology and strengthening the mind type of stuff.
He goes into isolation chamber and meditates.
Refers to the training session as training martial skills and actual fighting as the Martial "Art" cuz that's when you can express yourself.
Used to fight San-Shou thinking it was Muay Thai, first MMA fight without any training
Experienced death (heroine OD), Meth addiction, Jailed, pretty much checked down the list of all things.

I still would love to watch him fight Nick Diaz but I heard both sides like each other too much to want to beat the shit out of each other.

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I’ve been getting into the Heavy Hands Podcast per your recommendation. Really solid breakdowns and analysis. Do these guys train UFC? Really knowledgeable.

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
I’ve been getting into the Heavy Hands Podcast per your recommendation. Really solid breakdowns and analysis. Do these guys train UFC? Really knowledgeable.
Yeah I'm a huge fan of Heavy Hands. From what I've picked up while listening Connor has trained a decent amount of kickboxing and I know Pat Wyman used to train at Kings. Dude has some fun stories about working with Rafael Cordeiro and Werdum being a shit eating wild man.

Last edited:

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
Kajan Johnson had Leslie Smith on his podcast recently to talk about Project Spearhead and the UFC Austin card. Fun episode

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
HOLY FUCK The MMA Hour was horrible this week. It's just Ariel blatantly trying to stir up controversy and pandering for clicks and views. Normally that's nothing new for him, but this week it happened to a ludicrous degree. Dude throws shade at Jeremy Stephens saying the knee was intentional, then asked Derrick Lewis leading questions about it, which Derrick Lewis was having no part of. Then he has Josh Emmett on to address the knee, but no mention of him even reaching out to Jeremy. he basically just had Mike Pyle on so he could break the story about him retiring and asked him very few questions of any substance.

Plus why the fuck is Artem ever being interviewed...much less about shit Ali said along with a bunch of questions about that bullshit non-story involving Conor stepping in against Frankie. Fuck that episode. Absolutely atrocious.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
more of Q&A but I really like Firas's analysis/breakdown

here's a new one on Khabib vs TOny

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
Some JRE news: Brendan and Bryan are going to be on today slated as JRE MMA Show although I doubt it'll have much mma talk other than Brendan mentioning his new show 900 times and that he had Ortega on his podcast. The real news though. YOEL is scheduled for next Monday with Uncle Joey!

"March 6, 2018
Brendan Schaub (JRE MMA Show)
Retired UFC Heavyweight fighter, stand-up comedian, co-host of The Fighter and The Kid podcast

Bryan Callen
Stand-up comedian and co-host of The Fighter and The Kid podcast

March 7, 2018
John Dudley
Professional archer

March 12, 2018
Yoel Romero with Joey Diaz
Middleweight mixed martial artist in the UFC, Olympic silver medalist in freestyle wrestling"

Upcoming Guests on the Joe Rogan Experience Podcast | JRE Library

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Some JRE news: Brendan and Bryan are going to be on today slated as JRE MMA Show although I doubt it'll have much mma talk other than Brendan mentioning his new show 900 times and that he had Ortega on his podcast. The real news though. YOEL is scheduled for next Monday with Uncle Joey!

"March 6, 2018
Brendan Schaub (JRE MMA Show)
Retired UFC Heavyweight fighter, stand-up comedian, co-host of The Fighter and The Kid podcast

Bryan Callen
Stand-up comedian and co-host of The Fighter and The Kid podcast

March 7, 2018
John Dudley
Professional archer

March 12, 2018
Yoel Romero with Joey Diaz
Middleweight mixed martial artist in the UFC, Olympic silver medalist in freestyle wrestling"

Upcoming Guests on the Joe Rogan Experience Podcast | JRE Library
Callen’s annoying as fuck.......he should never, ever be on anything related to mma....he’s a fucking mo.......

Looking forward to Diaz Yoel

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015