MMA rankings: Cain Velasquez, Ronda Rousey remain No. 1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
MMA rankings: Cain Velasquez, Ronda Rousey remain No. 1 - LA Times

"Heavyweight

1. Cain Velasquez
  2. Fabricio Werdum
  3. Junior Dos Santos
  4. Travis Browne
  5. Stipe Miocic
  6. Josh Barnett
  7. Mark Hunt
  8. Ben Rothwell
  9. Alistair Overeem
  10. Andrei Arlovski

Alistair Overeem was cautious against Roy Nelson, understandable given Nelson’s penchant for knocking opponents out and Overeem’s penchant for getting knocked out. The strategy paid off, as he landed enough hard shots from distance to earn a unanimous decision win. The win sets up Overeem for more big fights going forward. Moving in the opposite direction is Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva, who falls out of the top 10 after a brutal knockout loss to Frank Mir. Silva, no longer able to use testosterone replacement therapy legally, appears to be a fighter on the severe decline.

Light Heavyweight

1. Jon Jones
  2. Anthony Johnson
  3. Daniel Cormier
  4. Alexander Gustafsson
  5. Rashad Evans
  6. Ryan Bader
  7. Phil Davis
  8. Glover Teixeira
  9. Ovince St. Preux
  10. Liam McGeary

The biggest light-heavyweight bout on the schedule is May’s title confrontation between UFC champion Jon Jones and challenger Anthony Johnson. It will be interesting to see how Jones can deal with Johnson’s striking power........"

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I'm pretty sure Mitrione could beat some of those guys on the top 10 list.

I also think we will see OSP make his way up the LHW list.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
How is Barnett above Hunt? Is it just me or does anybody else think that's off? He beat Mir then lost to Brown and Hunts last fight was for the interim title. Not horrible but I feel Mark should be higher than Josh.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
How is Barnett above Hunt? Is it just me or does anybody else think that's off? He beat Mir then lost to Brown and Hunts last fight was for the interim title. Not horrible but I feel Mark should be higher than Josh.
None of this will matter when Brock comes back. He is the GOAT.... Ok, lame attempt at humor. I agree that Hunt should probably be higher on the list. However, I think Barnett is a bad matchup for him and probably beats him. Then again, I thought Barnett would beat Browne too.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Such a huge dropoff in talent once you get past the Top 5 at LHW.