MMA to Wrasslin

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
There's usually talk about what pro wrestling guy would be able to crossover to MMA with some level of success but I don't remember a discussion going the other way, at least not much. I haven't watched in years and didn't catch wrestlemania but it sounds like Ronda was a hit. What other MMA fighters have what it takes to make the jump if they chose to and why? Also who do you think would just bomb lol...

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Rockhold- He's comfortable enough to get started on cutting promos I think and there's no denying his handsomeness, beep all day, bring on the rainbows. Get him on the Overeem diet and set up a role like Mr. Perfect or Rick Rude and he'd have all the teenage boys moms running to the ticket booths. If he and Bisping could create a TagTeam that combined egos and some euro shit talk I think it could go well.

As far as a bomb I gotta go with Jon Jones. Him and a mic is oil and water IMO.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Yoel Romero, but he would need a manager to cut promos for him. Bill him as Castro's illegitimate son who hates America.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I think Travis Brown could do it, moves good for a big man and definitely has a look with the beard. With about 20 lbs. more of muscle he'd look intimidating as hell at his height.

travis_Browne.jpg

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
A lot of them would transition well into the physical aspect, but I doubt any of them could cut a believable promo. Compare these two videos.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Tito would have bee the MMA->Wrestling GOAT if he had gone in sooner and dedicated himself to it.

Chael Sonnen obviously understands the game but is a little wooden quite frankly. He's a little tiff even though I love the sarcastic schtick. He can't decide if he's brotastic bad dude or if he's super smart dry and witty.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
A lot of them would transition well into the physical aspect, but I doubt any of them could cut a believable promo.
Though I agree, there is room for guys that don't cut promos at all (atleast with their voice), my favorite example being Sabu, dude never spoke and was over like no ones business in ECW.