MMA Topic that is important to you

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Sign up

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
4,385
4,699
We REALLY need more active members posting to get more mma discussion on here guys!

What are your mma topics that are important to you?

Is it a certain fighter?
pussification of the sport?
zuffa greed?
Zuffa haters?
Weight classes
Steroids
Bushido


Let me hear your opinion and perhaps we can get some mma discussion going on!
 
M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

Guest
steroids will end up in years of discussion
 

Wild

TMMAC's Most Handsome Admin
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
61,120
108,865
Zuffa's business tactics is usually a hot topic, that tends to get people's juices flowing. I'll try to start a thread on that this evening because I have my opinions.

Agree that we need more quality posters here to participate in the discussion, but I am out of ideas. I sent out invites early on, 200+ signed up, 30-40 stuck it out as we made improvements...the others left and haven't returned. I've sent reminders but I don't want to become a nuisance. I feel like we've listened to everyone's ideas, implemented them, and ended up with a really solid product with every imaginable feature that would draw people here...for free. Soooooo....all I know to do at this point is keep adding quality content, getting fighters to do Q&A's, and promote the site on social media. Hopefully, the longer we are able to stay afloat, the more people will give us a chance.

If anyone else has more ideas, I would love to here them.
 

Jonny Quest

Adventurer
Feb 12, 2015
2,637
3,122
D241;n28193 said:
Please, discuss, preferably with pictures as I'm more of a visual person(on certain topics)
[video=youtube;nFeYgb7tLmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFeYgb7tLmI[/video]
 

Stillmatic

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
2,587
3,369
Let's not force discussions on people. I think everyone understands that there needs to be MMA talk on here. Try to let it happen organically.
I'd like to talk about fighter pay. It seems as though the not so popular fighters really take it in the tail pipe compared to the "stars" of the UFC.
Are other promotions the same in the way they pay fighters? For what this sport is and the type of crowd that shows up, it seems to me that a lot of these fighters aren't getting what they deserve.
Mean while the CEO, COO, and those other fuckers just leer around. Does anyone know what goes into a UFC fight contract? Are there any secret bonuses that the public doesn't hear about?
 

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
15,422
28,244
This place has picked up quite a bit I've noticed in the last couple of weeks. More people seem to be posting.

I have a vacation next week that I had to use so I can make threads ALL DAY. We can talk about how Team Quest was so much more dominant than other camps back in the day, How Lindland got screwed with T shirt gate and against Rampage, my personal top 5 GOAT list, How the Vitor/Wiedman fight will look like Vitor/Wand. It'll be fun.
 

Wild

TMMAC's Most Handsome Admin
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
61,120
108,865
teamquestnorth;n28209 said:
TWe can talk about how Team Quest was so much more dominant than other camps back in the day, How Lindland got screwed with T shirt gate and against Rampage, my personal top 5 GOAT list, How the Vitor/Wiedman fight will look like Vitor/Wand. It'll be fun.
I'm surprised that you would want to discuss that ;)
 

Wild

TMMAC's Most Handsome Admin
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
61,120
108,865
teamquestnorth;n28209 said:
This place has picked up quite a bit I've noticed in the last couple of weeks. More people seem to be posting.
I've noticed this as well. We've had 20-30 members posting online pretty consistently of late, and yesterday we had 100+ users online...so we are getting noticed. The longer we can stay afloat, the more people will sign up I believe. The people posting here are quality, we have fighters doing Q&A's, the content is good, news is posted as quick as anywhere else...and everyone here treats others with respect, and welcomes new members. Hopefully it's just a time game now.
 

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
13,302
18,463
Priziesthorse;n28211 said:
- developing a better scoring system/judging criteria
- changing the unified rules
Bring back NHB with no time limits. A man can dream, right?
 

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
4,385
4,699
Hell yeah. Already a few topics I'd like to give my feedback on. I'll post later, great topics guys and I'm anxious to get the feedback as I have respect for all of you, so if you're talking about a particular subject that is of interest to you, I'm sure you've done your research and can provide me valuable feedback.
 

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
13,642
22,284
I like fighter pay discussions and judging fights...I think the ref should have ca say in who wins Decisions just a thought...they do have best seat in the house usually..Herb s opinion would go a long way
 

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
5,866
6,641
Pay. Seeing them get fucked by Zuffa badly makes me angry.. specially when I know a few who are hurting because of U Fight Cheap.
 

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
15,422
28,244
Lol who's the guy in the last GIF flashing the UG sign? He looks like what I imagine ausgphict to look like.
 

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
4,385
4,699
Morpheus1976;n28196 said:
steroids will end up in years of discussion
To make my opinion short-it at the very least, makes things gray. Were the best on steroids competing against everyone else on steroids? How many were on? We'll never know, gray.

Stillmatic;n28207 said:
Let's not force discussions on people. I think everyone understands that there needs to be MMA talk on here. Try to let it happen organically.
I'd like to talk about fighter pay. It seems as though the not so popular fighters really take it in the tail pipe compared to the "stars" of the UFC.
Are other promotions the same in the way they pay fighters? For what this sport is and the type of crowd that shows up, it seems to me that a lot of these fighters aren't getting what they deserve.
Mean while the CEO, COO, and those other fuckers just leer around. Does anyone know what goes into a UFC fight contract? Are there any secret bonuses that the public doesn't hear about?
A big problem with fighter pay, is that the low level promotions can't step their game up because they have to survive.
I totally agree fighters should be paid more. I really wish we could allow the sport to be more brutal, but the fighter pay would have to be upped far more than where it is now.
 

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
4,385
4,699
RyannVonDoom;n28238 said:
Pay. Seeing them get fucked by Zuffa badly makes me angry.. specially when I know a few who are hurting because of U Fight Cheap.

It's the situation. In order to maximize profits, you want to keep fighter pay low. By keeping fighter pay low, it sets the industry standard which fucks all fighters, but logically you can't expect a company in business to make money to pay more just because they can when they don't have to.
 

ShatsBassoon

Reigning Defending Monsters Champion
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
12,650
22,430
teamquestnorth;n28251 said:
Lol who's the guy in the last GIF flashing the UG sign? He looks like what I imagine ausgphict to look like.
Probably Mmalogic.
 

Star-Lord

Saving the Universe one Fight at a Time
Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
1,331
1,252
teamquestnorth;n28209 said:
This place has picked up quite a bit I've noticed in the last couple of weeks. More people seem to be posting.

I have a vacation next week that I had to use so I can make threads ALL DAY. We can talk about how Team Quest was so much more dominant than other camps back in the day, How Lindland got screwed with T shirt gate and against Rampage, my personal top 5 GOAT list, How the Vitor/Wiedman fight will look like Vitor/Wand. It'll be fun.
I think I may be the only person who agrees with you my man lol
 

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
5,866
6,641
D241;n28261 said:
It's the situation. In order to maximize profits, you want to keep fighter pay low. By keeping fighter pay low, it sets the industry standard which fucks all fighters, but logically you can't expect a company in business to make money to pay more just because they can when they don't have to.
No shit sherlock. But, they fuck the fighters bad at every aspect they can when it comes to contracts and money.
 

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
4,385
4,699
teamquestnorth;n28209 said:
This place has picked up quite a bit I've noticed in the last couple of weeks. More people seem to be posting.

I have a vacation next week that I had to use so I can make threads ALL DAY. We can talk about how Team Quest was so much more dominant than other camps back in the day, How Lindland got screwed with T shirt gate and against Rampage, my personal top 5 GOAT list, How the Vitor/Wiedman fight will look like Vitor/Wand. It'll be fun.
I just spent 10 minutes trying to find a thread I made that I'm not sure if you saw it, but if you haven't you'd love it.

Can you do me a favor? I can tell you how to search for this thread on the UG if you're a blue name, but for some reason I can't click on it because it's a poll thread and when I click on a poll thread it always just redirects me to the first page.

Please bump this if you can

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2014012/Best-MMA-TeamCamp-all-time/