MMA Topic that is important to you

Discussion in 'Cageside - MMA Discussion' started by D241, Feb 24, 2015.

1. D241

D241 First 25
    First 100

Ratings:
    +1,728

Thanks Crowbar. I just got done watching it. Ricco Rodriguez called Arvloski/Rizzo and Couture/Barnett fight. He predicted the outcomes of both of them as well, pretty impressive.

At the end of the event, Frank Mir wins and the announcer says-"Randy Couture, Ricco Rodriguez, Josh Barnett-look out, young Frank Mir is on the scene".
    Amazing that Mir never fought any of those 3. All would have been great fights. I know Mir said years back he had too much respect to fight Couture, but a Mir/Ricco or Mir Barnett fight in that era would've been epic!!

Here is the link to part 1 of the event if anyone is interested. I can post part 2 if one wants.

http://bestreams.net/xnbzarmuk7mu

2. teamquestnorth

teamquestnorth Lindland never cheated

Ratings:
    +31,990
    Can someone bump this thread for D2? I can't figure out how to search for threads on there.

3. Furrythunder

Furrythunder Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Sport politics/ranking

4. JasonNorin

JasonNorin Combat Sports lover

Ratings:
    +3
    As a combat sports fan, I find all of those topics interesting. and thanks for opening this topic.

Here are my UFC concerns:

As per fighter, it is important to know how much do average fighters earn. Because I once read on the news that Rousey claims Ring Girls earn more money compared to some fighters. I mean for me, it is not really fair if that is true given the fact that fighters put their lives on the line just to provide us entertainment and here are the ring girls earning more than them. I have nothing against them, though. The issue is more of managerial problem.

As per pussification of the sport, I think what drove my gears is the recent signing of CM Punk. I mean, come on. Some fighters clawed their way up the ladder to be where they are today. Fought at bottom level MMA just to find recognition and here's CM Punk who is more popular than them, no MMA experience, and he gets the contract. He will most likely earn more than other fighters in the process. Not like Brock Lesnar who fought at a different organization first before UFC.

As per Zuffa Greed, yeah, I think you need to dominate the competition by being aggressive.

Zuffa Haters- - There are a lot of haters in the world, hehe.

Steroids - For the fighters, how come they still use banned substances if they know they will most likely get caught? Especially if they will use it moths, weeks, or days before the fight? I just find it a bit sad that even the legendary Silva gets caught. Still finding some verifications on this.

But despite that, I still love MMA and will continue to do so. Watching Boxing and MMA is my stress reliever. As per boxing, it's good to know that Mayweather - Pacquiao fight is finally happening! IT is long overdue so I hope fans are still interested to it compared to how interested they were 5 years ago. Can't find any boxing thread so I just shared it here, haha! Here's an additional soirce of boxing news that you might like.

• Like Like x 1
  5. D241

D241 First 25
    First 100

Ratings:
    +1,728
    I'm totally dropping the ball on Glory. I've only seen a handful of fights and some HL reels. So much praise from others, I need to watch the next event in it's entirety.

6. seekntruth

seekntruth #keepladyhands
    First 100

Ratings:
    +10,551
    Yes you need to get caught up, they might be putting on p4p the best events in all of combat sports. So many holy shit moments in every event.

7. Rico_Cutler

Rico_Cutler First 100
    First 100

Ratings:
    +344
    There was a thread on the reddit site that I would love to see posted here.

It wan an article and video about the Ferttia empire and how they gained their fortune. Then later went on to discuss how they acquired UFC from Bob. That needs to be reposted here so that it could get some more views.

Who ever posted that at the reddit site pls repost it here.

8. SNIDELY WHIPLASH

SNIDELY WHIPLASH DOOGOODER!!!!!!

Ratings:
    +2,501
    Watch me paste this pathetic palooka with a powerful paralyzing perfect pachydermus percussion pitch.

• Like Like x 1
  9. seekntruth

seekntruth #keepladyhands
    First 100

Ratings:
    +10,551
    WTF, is that some new kind of sausage?

10. D241

D241 First 25
    First 100

Ratings:
    +1,728

dude a few years ago i found some very informative articles on the fertitta's and their family background, mafia ties, moves made in vegas that are questionable at best...

i tried posting it on the Taco Bell-deleted
    i tried posting it on mmafighting.com-deleted
    i tried posting it on sherdog, asking a mods if I could beforehand, and i got denied.
    I tried posting it on mmalinker.com, and i think that was the only one that didn't get banned. I'll try to dig it up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zeph

Zeph TMMAC Addict

Ratings:
    +31,035
    Well she isn't with him for the good looks.

12. John M

John M Active Member

Ratings:
    +70
    The actual fighting part. Everything you listed up there is bullshit, aside from perhaps roids and weight classes.

A good example of what I'm talking about is the TQN Vitor thread.

13. D241

D241 First 25
    First 100

Ratings:
    +1,728

Can you expand more?

14. dacofty

dacofty Yea..Ok..Whatever
    First 100

Ratings:
    +10,304
    Well my important topic would be "Zuffa agrees to sell the UFC. UFC management taken unto custody for fraud and corporate corruption."

• Like Like x 1
  15. D241

D241 First 25
    First 100

Ratings:
    +1,728
    ur funny dacofty

16. JasonNorin

Ratings:
    +3
    Another important topic for me is how UFC organizes it's rankings..

• Like Like x 1
  17. BirdWatcher

BirdWatcher Drowning’s for pussies. Don’t be a pussy.
    Admin First 100

Ratings:
    +56,788

Yes, major impact on those who make them their $$$

18. JasonNorin

Ratings:
    +3
    And not the actual skills set, right? hehe

19. dacofty

dacofty Yea..Ok..Whatever
    First 100

Ratings:
    +10,304
    Well like meathead said, who are those on the panel that determines the UFC rankings, and what creditably do they have, i see tiny swole, egg, the ring girls their banging and probably edmond.

20. BirdWatcher

BirdWatcher Drowning’s for pussies. Don’t be a pussy.
    Admin First 100

Ratings:
    +56,788
    No matter how the talk starts I'm sure both topics will be addressed.
    :popcorn2:

21. JasonNorin

Ratings:
    +3
    Another thing to discuss about is how UFC matchmakers select who's going to fight who. I am really curious who are they going to choose for CM Punk. hehe

22. Wild

Wild TMMAC's Most Handsome Admin
    Admin

Ratings:
    +114,200

Mayhem Miller is trolling HARD on Twitter, trying to get that fight.

23. Mertvaya Ruka

Mertvaya Ruka Active Member

Ratings:
    +115
    Over the years there's been a few pieces done on how Joe Silva et Sean Shelby operate. Their job is far from being easy, there's tons of factors that go in matchmaking on the scale they do.

Here's an article that give an idea of how it is:

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/08/powerf...ood-ufc-matchmakers-joe-silva-and-sean-shelby

24. Morpheushasleftthebuilding

Ratings:
    +0
    i thought his knee was shot and did not get his medical costs from the UFC insurance

25. D241

D241 First 25
    First 100

Ratings:
    +1,728

I read an article a couple years ago, either on mmamania or bloodyelbow.com that broke down Joe Silva's match making where basically he has each division currently ranked fighters and he tries to match fighters streaks. Meaning rarely do they match a guy who just lost a fight against a guy who won his last.

They(UFC) try to match guys who are on losing streaks so they can justify cutting whoever loses, they match win streaks to justify title shots.

As far as CM Punk's opponent though, I have NO idea and they probably don't have much either as this situation doesn't fit what is described above.

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted