MMA Topic that is important to you

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Some topics I like are

WMMA and if it can survive in the UFC or is it best left to places like Imvicta until it can get depth

Point fighting as opposed to going for the win, taking risks

Choices made based on $$$ or business gain over fighters interests

Rule sets

Legends

Ramp

Fight stragety

How to get other Orgs support in order to force the UFC to improve their product

UFC=quantity over quality

Why Askren isn't signed

Why kicks aren't used much more effectively by so many fighters

Fighters who can't seem to evolve with the sport (Rampage)

GLORY

I'm going to also get back into making thread full of gifs as they are my favorite when done in themes like slams or body shots. I'll think of more soon. I think lots of people here either forget or are just not used to bring able to post pics and gifs when ever. Its an amazing tool for quality threads so get onboard ladies.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
teamquestnorth;n28209 said:
How Lindland got screwed with T shirt gate and against Rampage, my personal top 5 GOAT list, How the Vitor/Wiedman fight will look like Vitor/Wand. It'll be fun.
I am excited to hear your take on Lindland T-shirt gate.

Rampage-Lindland. Matt did not win that fight. Neither did Rampage. Great fight, should've been a draw like so many other fights.

I love your support for Vitor!! Don't bet on it, but I hope you're right!

You should have your own thread for top 5 goat. Two threads, one for top 5 goat tq, and one for non tq goat.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Also WTF happened to the community tuning into fight pass or serving and all watching throw back classic events as of they were live and having a thread on going like fight nights? That is by far the best idea going IMO. I'm going to try to find that thread here

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Priziesthorse;n28211 said:
- developing a better scoring system/judging criteria
- changing the unified rules
You ever see this thread I made?
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2158040/Fights-that-should-be-a-draw-per-card/

So many people for years have been complaining about the scoring. I figured I'd start a track sheet for anyone that wanted proof/examples in the form of virtually EVERY fight card having at least one fight that shouldn't have one man be called a winner over the other one.

Something needs to be done. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. If Zuffa/MMA doesn't step up and change the scoring soon, fans are going to be so disinterested they quit following the sport.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
D241;n28336 said:
You ever see this thread I made?
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2158040/Fights-that-should-be-a-draw-per-card/

So many people for years have been complaining about the scoring. I figured I'd start a track sheet for anyone that wanted proof/examples in the form of virtually EVERY fight card having at least one fight that shouldn't have one man be called a winner over the other one.

Something needs to be done. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. If Zuffa/MMA doesn't step up and change the scoring soon, fans are going to be so disinterested they quit following the sport.
Does anyone know the requirements for becoming a judge? Do you have to attend some kind of training to learn to score a fight correctly? I legit have no idea.

I would like to see some kind of committee formed to hold judges accountable for their scoring. I know in baseball this kind of system is in place. They have on site supervisors evaluating umpires performances, umpires are shown replays of incorrect calls they have made, and receive annual written evaluations. This helps incentivize umpires to do a great job and constantly try to improve, because only the umpires with impeccable records get to work playoff games and make more money. I realize a judges job is more subjective, but if one judge is scoring a fight 30-27 for Fighter A and another judge is scoring it 30-27 for Fighter B, something is seriously fucking wrong. They should be forced to go before a committee and replay the fight and explain what they believe is happening in their opinion round by round.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Priziesthorse;n28366 said:
Does anyone know the requirements for becoming a judge? Do you have to attend some kind of training to learn to score a fight correctly? I legit have no idea.

I would like to see some kind of committee formed to hold judges accountable for their scoring.
This is one of my favorite ever fighter interviews. If you don't want to watch the whole thing, FF to the 6 min mark. From there for 2 minutes he speaks a valid opinion on how judges become appointed.

Enjoy

[video=youtube;JUudG0qF0Lo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUudG0qF0Lo[/video]

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
teamquestnorth;n28251 said:
Lol who's the guy in the last GIF flashing the UG sign? He looks like what I imagine ausgphict to look like.

UG member GomiFTW or gomiftw.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
DiazIsDeepInside MyTatteredArsehole;n28231 said:
I like fighter pay discussions and judging fights...I think the ref should have ca say in who wins Decisions just a thought...they do have best seat in the house usually..Herb s opinion would go a long way

Even if I was ok with judging as a way of scoring a fight, I don't think I'd be okay with that as the ref's #1 job/priority is to protect the fighters. He'd have to focus on how the fight is going, the momentum, damage, significance of strikes landed, etc....to determine the winner.

Personally when UFC can sign James Toney, Kimbo Slice, give title shots to people who haven't fought in that division for years, I think UFC can still match make with fighters having draws instead of wins/losses on their record.

Now you're talking about one of my passions-scoring.
UNDENIABLE ADVANTAGE-something hardly never established in fights that go to judges decision. If you've ever seen a come from behind victory, then you should know when a fight ends, there's still that "what if" factor.
When a fighter is finished, that erases/removes/eliminates/vanquishes/clears out all doubt who the better man is.

If a fight goes the distance and it's lopsided, then give the guy who dominated the fight the better match up.
The only flaw with this system, is I think you would need to extend championship fights because a champion could essentially dominate a fight, go the distance, have the fight declared a draw, and the champion remains. OR, you could dethrown the champion and have a rematch where there is no champion until they fight and it's finished.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
crowbar;n28386 said:
D241,

Your link that you wanted bumped.takes you to the main page

I know. All poll threads to that for some reason. If there was a way I could find a page 2, or page 3 to that thread if there is one, I could copy and paste the URL and that would work. Or if someone somehow could post on that thread, it would bump it to the first page and I could click on it from there.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
D241;n28375 said:
This is one of my favorite ever fighter interviews. If you don't want to watch the whole thing, FF to the 6 min mark. From there for 2 minutes he speaks a valid opinion on how judges become appointed.

Enjoy

[video=youtube;JUudG0qF0Lo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUudG0qF0Lo[/video]

Cole throwing down thruth bombs like a motherfucker in that interview. Thanks for posting D.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I sucked Stillmatics WOODley;n28304 said:
Also WTF happened to the community tuning into fight pass or serving and all watching throw back classic events as of they were live and having a thread on going like fight nights? That is by far the best idea going IMO. I'm going to try to find that thread here

This sounds like a bad ass idea!!

Just last night I was trying to find a particular UFC fight I couldn't find anywhere online. I probably could've found the event and fast forwarded or watched the whole thing which I still might do.

Anyways, the fight I was trying to watch was Matt Lindland vs Pat Miletech. I don't recall how that one played out.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
D241;n28424 said:
This sounds like a bad ass idea!!

Just last night I was trying to find a particular UFC fight I couldn't find anywhere online. I probably could've found the event and fast forwarded or watched the whole thing which I still might do.

Anyways, the fight I was trying to watch was Matt Lindland vs Pat Miletech. I don't recall how that one played out.

Somebody started a great thread suggesting that on weekends with no fights we all watch these event at the time and have a thread going like it was live. I added we should start with PRIDE and go through in chronological order. Events we know are lame we could cherry pick individual fights. I'm sure Splinty or somebody has a way to put out a chanel or something so its all timed perfect. I already gave out my fight pass info to another member as I think you can have 3 logged in at once and share the wealth. I think this would be an awesome way to relive some great moments and see how your perspectives have changed.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Wild. I just realized that the fight I'm trying to watch, is on UFC 36, which I know for a FACT I own and have somewhere in my apartment. Why in the hell have I completely forgot about that fight? Damn, gettin old sucks. You push out memories to make room for newer or more important ones. Can't believe that fight has escaped my memory.
I can recall that particular UFC having shown Anderson Silva ranked at #3 or something and he wasn't even in the UFC. It was weird to see UFC advertising/ranking fighters not in their promotion.
I recall Josh Barnett losing the first round but coming back in the 2nd and never letting up until the ref intervines.

But I have ZERO idea about Lindland/Miletech.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
Let me know if you still wanna watch the fight & I`ll send you my password.

I just watched it,and noticed that John Lewis was in Lindland`s corner with Henderson.

Interesting that Jeff Osborne & Rico Chipparelli were the commentaters with Goldy.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I sucked Stillmatics WOODley;n28439 said:
Somebody started a great thread suggesting that on weekends with no fights we all watch these event at the time and have a thread going like it was live. I added we should start with PRIDE and go through in chronological order. Events we know are lame we could cherry pick individual fights. I'm sure Splinty or somebody has a way to put out a chanel or something so its all timed perfect. I already gave out my fight pass info to another member as I think you can have 3 logged in at once and share the wealth. I think this would be an awesome way to relive some great moments and see how your perspectives have changed.

I am still 100% down with this. How do you think we should try to coordinate it? Like for those that don't have Fightpass, etc?

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
We did this for a while in the boxing thread over there. It was really fun. Pick a fight like Leonard vs Hagler and judge each round. It was fun seeing how you watch a fight differently bieng a judge as a fan.

We just you tubed them.