MMA Topic that is important to you

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
crowbar;n28444 said:
Let me know if you still wanna watch the fight & I`ll send you my password.

I just watched it,and noticed that John Lewis was in Lindland`s corner with Henderson.

Interesting that Jeff Osborne & Rico Chipparelli were the commentaters with Goldy.

Thanks Crowbar. I just got done watching it. Ricco Rodriguez called Arvloski/Rizzo and Couture/Barnett fight. He predicted the outcomes of both of them as well, pretty impressive.

At the end of the event, Frank Mir wins and the announcer says-"Randy Couture, Ricco Rodriguez, Josh Barnett-look out, young Frank Mir is on the scene".
Amazing that Mir never fought any of those 3. All would have been great fights. I know Mir said years back he had too much respect to fight Couture, but a Mir/Ricco or Mir Barnett fight in that era would've been epic!!

Here is the link to part 1 of the event if anyone is interested. I can post part 2 if one wants.

http://bestreams.net/xnbzarmuk7mu

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
D241;n28277 said:
I just spent 10 minutes trying to find a thread I made that I'm not sure if you saw it, but if you haven't you'd love it.

Can you do me a favor? I can tell you how to search for this thread on the UG if you're a blue name, but for some reason I can't click on it because it's a poll thread and when I click on a poll thread it always just redirects me to the first page.

Please bump this if you can

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2014012/Best-MMA-TeamCamp-all-time/
Can someone bump this thread for D2? I can't figure out how to search for threads on there.

JasonNorin

Combat Sports lover
Feb 25, 2015
As a combat sports fan, I find all of those topics interesting. and thanks for opening this topic.

Here are my UFC concerns:

As per fighter, it is important to know how much do average fighters earn. Because I once read on the news that Rousey claims Ring Girls earn more money compared to some fighters. I mean for me, it is not really fair if that is true given the fact that fighters put their lives on the line just to provide us entertainment and here are the ring girls earning more than them. I have nothing against them, though. The issue is more of managerial problem.

As per pussification of the sport, I think what drove my gears is the recent signing of CM Punk. I mean, come on. Some fighters clawed their way up the ladder to be where they are today. Fought at bottom level MMA just to find recognition and here's CM Punk who is more popular than them, no MMA experience, and he gets the contract. He will most likely earn more than other fighters in the process. Not like Brock Lesnar who fought at a different organization first before UFC.

As per Zuffa Greed, yeah, I think you need to dominate the competition by being aggressive.

Zuffa Haters- - There are a lot of haters in the world, hehe.

Steroids - For the fighters, how come they still use banned substances if they know they will most likely get caught? Especially if they will use it moths, weeks, or days before the fight? I just find it a bit sad that even the legendary Silva gets caught. Still finding some verifications on this.

But despite that, I still love MMA and will continue to do so. Watching Boxing and MMA is my stress reliever. As per boxing, it's good to know that Mayweather - Pacquiao fight is finally happening! IT is long overdue so I hope fans are still interested to it compared to how interested they were 5 years ago. Can't find any boxing thread so I just shared it here, haha! Here's an additional soirce of boxing news that you might like.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I sucked Stillmatics WOODley;n28298 said:
Some topics I like are

WMMA and if it can survive in the UFC or is it best left to places like Imvicta until it can get depth
Very interesting topic. I think you should create a separate topic for this one as it's a new subject that hasn't been discussed yet and could bring in interesting opposing views.

Point fighting as opposed to going for the win, taking risks
Eliminate the option to win fights by judges and this eliminates that problem.

Choices made based on $$$ or business gain over fighters interests
Greed, don't know how you can eliminate a longtime sin.

Rule sets
like?
Legends
like?
Ramp
expand....
Fight stragety
expand....
How to get other Orgs support in order to force the UFC to improve their product
Do you have any ideas?

Why Askren isn't signed
Politics

Why kicks aren't used much more effectively by so many fighters
I think it's because so many fighters are capitalizing on over aggressive coming forward fighters and fighters leaving themselves open for a takedown via high kick.

Fighters who can't seem to evolve with the sport (Rampage)
It happens.

GLORY

I'm going to also get back into making thread full of gifs as they are my favorite when done in themes like slams or body shots. I'll think of more soon. I think lots of people here either forget or are just not used to bring able to post pics and gifs when ever. Its an amazing tool for quality threads so get onboard ladies.
I'm totally dropping the ball on Glory. I've only seen a handful of fights and some HL reels. So much praise from others, I need to watch the next event in it's entirety.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
D241;n28859 said:
I'm totally dropping the ball on Glory. I've only seen a handful of fights and some HL reels. So much praise from others, I need to watch the next event in it's entirety.
Yes you need to get caught up, they might be putting on p4p the best events in all of combat sports. So many holy shit moments in every event.

Rico_Cutler

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
There was a thread on the reddit site that I would love to see posted here.

It wan an article and video about the Ferttia empire and how they gained their fortune. Then later went on to discuss how they acquired UFC from Bob. That needs to be reposted here so that it could get some more views.

Who ever posted that at the reddit site pls repost it here.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
ABE FROMAN;n28945 said:
Watch me paste this pathetic palooka with a powerful paralyzing perfect pachydermus percussion pitch.
WTF, is that some new kind of sausage?

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Rico_Cutler;n28885 said:
There was a thread on the reddit site that I would love to see posted here.

It wan an article and video about the Ferttia empire and how they gained their fortune. Then later went on to discuss how they acquired UFC from Bob. That needs to be reposted here so that it could get some more views.

Who ever posted that at the reddit site pls repost it here.

dude a few years ago i found some very informative articles on the fertitta's and their family background, mafia ties, moves made in vegas that are questionable at best...

i tried posting it on the ug-deleted
i tried posting it on mmafighting.com-deleted
i tried posting it on sherdog, asking a mods if I could beforehand, and i got denied.
I tried posting it on mmalinker.com, and i think that was the only one that didn't get banned. I'll try to dig it up.

John M

Feb 10, 2015
The actual fighting part. Everything you listed up there is bullshit, aside from perhaps roids and weight classes.

A good example of what I'm talking about is the TQN Vitor thread.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
John M;n29206 said:
The actual fighting part. Everything you listed up there is bullshit, aside from perhaps roids and weight classes.

A good example of what I'm talking about is the TQN Vitor thread.

Can you expand more?

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Well my important topic would be "Zuffa agrees to sell the UFC. UFC management taken unto custody for fraud and corporate corruption."

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
JasonNorin;n29364 said:
Another important topic for me is how UFC organizes it's rankings..

Yes, major impact on those who make them their $$$

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Well like meathead said, who are those on the panel that determines the UFC rankings, and what creditably do they have, i see tiny swole, egg, the ring girls their banging and probably edmond.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
JasonNorin;n29567 said:
And not the actual skills set, right? hehe
No matter how the talk starts I'm sure both topics will be addressed.
:popcorn2:

JasonNorin

Combat Sports lover
Feb 25, 2015
Another thing to discuss about is how UFC matchmakers select who's going to fight who. I am really curious who are they going to choose for CM Punk. hehe

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
JasonNorin;n30016 said:
Another thing to discuss about is how UFC matchmakers select who's going to fight who. I am really curious who are they going to choose for CM Punk. hehe

Mayhem Miller is trolling HARD on Twitter, trying to get that fight.

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
JasonNorin;n30016 said:
Over the years there's been a few pieces done on how Joe Silva et Sean Shelby operate. Their job is far from being easy, there's tons of factors that go in matchmaking on the scale they do.

Here's an article that give an idea of how it is:

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/08/powerf...ood-ufc-matchmakers-joe-silva-and-sean-shelby

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

I Wild Each It;n30025 said:
Mayhem Miller is trolling HARD on Twitter, trying to get that fight.
i thought his knee was shot and did not get his medical costs from the UFC insurance

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
JasonNorin;n30016 said:

I read an article a couple years ago, either on mmamania or bloodyelbow.com that broke down Joe Silva's match making where basically he has each division currently ranked fighters and he tries to match fighters streaks. Meaning rarely do they match a guy who just lost a fight against a guy who won his last.

They(UFC) try to match guys who are on losing streaks so they can justify cutting whoever loses, they match win streaks to justify title shots.

As far as CM Punk's opponent though, I have NO idea and they probably don't have much either as this situation doesn't fit what is described above.