MMA Topic that is important to you

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
D241;n30426 said:
I read an article a couple years ago, either on mmamania or bloodyelbow.com that broke down Joe Silva's match making where basically he has each division currently ranked fighters and he tries to match fighters streaks. Meaning rarely do they match a guy who just lost a fight against a guy who won his last.

They(UFC) try to match guys who are on losing streaks so they can justify cutting whoever loses, they match win streaks to justify title shots.

As far as CM Punk's opponent though, I have NO idea and they probably don't have much either as this situation doesn't fit what is described above.
yeah, it's like a perpetual tournament in a way but so many things derail fights that we often don't see the matchups originally intended.

JasonNorin

Combat Sports lover
Feb 25, 2015
D241;n30426 said:
I read an article a couple years ago, either on mmamania or bloodyelbow.com that broke down Joe Silva's match making where basically he has each division currently ranked fighters and he tries to match fighters streaks. Meaning rarely do they match a guy who just lost a fight against a guy who won his last.

They(UFC) try to match guys who are on losing streaks so they can justify cutting whoever loses, they match win streaks to justify title shots.

As far as CM Punk's opponent though, I have NO idea and they probably don't have much either as this situation doesn't fit what is described above.
That makes sense. What needs o make sense now is how they can match Punk with anyone else. :)

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
The scoring/judging system and how basically every split decision could or should be a draw.

Fighters doing push ups after a 5 round title fight that lacked action throughout.