General Molyneux banned from youtube

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Haha
I didn't want you to shut up tho keep going
I just like to stir the pot, probably should have used funny rating...I rate most of Jason's stuff because it is usually humor based

By all means keep going, I don't wish to cancel you kind sir
No worries I understand. I infringe upon a safe place and argue that it's not an outrage that yt is not a safe place anymore.
I'd expect some unkindness from that. :)

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
No worries I understand. I infringe upon a safe place and argue that it's not an outrage that yt is not a safe place anymore.
i laugh at jason because he is harsh and on the offensive...cracks me up...I don't think he is serious most of the time
and I throw ratings out left and right and sometimes they have little to know reason behind them

I have zero unkindness towards you, regardless of any difference of opinions

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Because it has a disproportionate amount of the market share and should be held to the standard of the phone company and having to provide service to everyone like a utility
And the phone company controls the ability to message, social media platforms, the message itself. Both equally significant? That's up for debate. While free speech isn't a valid argument for a private company is widely accepted. But once free expression is hindered, and political bias apparent, it is the wrong direction in a free society. Especially when we consider how much more relevant social media is than a phone company.

If you support football players taking a knee during their job, how can you reject such expressions on social media? This is beyond free speech, in fact, it has nothing to do with free speech.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Youtube not a safe space anymore? Its getting turned into one. With one certain political and social element, comfortable, cuddly, and fuzzy.

M

member 3289

Haha
I didn't want you to shut up tho keep going
I just like to stir the pot, probably should have used funny rating...I rate most of Jason's stuff because it is usually humor based

By all means keep going, I don't wish to cancel you kind sir

jerk

hard
May 10, 2019

I'd expect some unkindness from that. 
Why would anyone argue with gems like these?

I get that argument, but I feel one should differ here a little bit.
Molyneux himself would get a kick out of that sidestep. Did you do that consciously or are you just naturally smug?

Besides I'm too busy building a media platform that reaches billions from my living room financed by the sales of my smelly socks.

The real cherry is you're in Germany. Of all the places to defend blatant bias and censorship from. Priceless.

Take the contrarian schtick somewhere else. Like him or not Molyneux accomplished more than you ever will.

notevenworthagood.gif

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018
I get that argument, but I feel one should differ here a little bit.

Everybody can set up a service to provide videos/media in their living room.
This site is a good example.

Ever try that with a phone company?
All it takes is for some interest group to drop a dime and this site will be deplatformed as well it's happened to a bunch of people...that's the point they should be MANDATED to provide service to legal speech

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
I watched some of his vids a few years ago. Started off interesting, with some MGTOW stuff but some of it turned outright mysoginistic. He's also made white nationalist statements.

He's still free to speak. Just not on Youtube.
When all the major platforms blacklist you it is in effect a denial of free speech in the market square

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
Rambo John J @Inside Job
Yes, it's a simple concept. The constitution provides you the right to free speech. It does not provide you with a platform to speak.

Infowars aren't obliged to let Bernie Sanders make statements on their website.
Yes the government MANDATES service for public utilities such as the phone company...google is 100% a utility especially with it massive market share I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Why would anyone argue with gems like these?
Why do you?
Molyneux himself would get a kick out of that sidestep. Did you do that consciously or are you just naturally smug?
Never seen a vid from that guy. Guess I'm a natural.
The real cherry is you're in Germany. Of all the places to defend blatant bias and censorship from. Priceless.
Hmkay?
Take the contrarian schtick somewhere else.
Hmkay.
So I should take it to another platform? Like that video dude? Funny. :) :)
Like him or not Molyneux accomplished more than you ever will.
Hmkaaaaay.
I have no opinion on the dude.
What has he accomplished? And where is my limit?
You seem to know a lot!

All it takes is for some interest group to drop a dime and this site will be deplatformed as well it's happened to a bunch of people...that's the point they should be MANDATED to provide service to legal speech
That would be a real problem then, the internet in itself should be neutral imo.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yes the government MANDATES service for public utilities such as the phone company...google is 100% a utility especially with it massive market share I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise
Are Microsoft and Apple utility companies?

M

member 3289

Stupid post is stupid

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
Are Microsoft and Apple utility companies?
Not by the nature of the service they provide
Microsoft was found to be in violation antitrust laws and apple has viable competitors one of which has most the market...google who owns YouTube

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Not by the nature of the service they provide
Microsoft was found to be in violation antitrust laws and apple has viable competitors one of which has most the market...google who owns YouTube
Did you know Microsoft has over 75 million users on just their newest telecommunications platform. That doesn't include Skype and Skype for Business or people still using Lync. If they aren't a utility how can youtube be a utility?

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
Did you know Microsoft has over 75 million users on just their newest telecommunications platform. That doesn't include Skype and Skype for Business or people still using Lync. If they aren't a utility how can youtube be a utility?
No I wasnt aware but it bolsters by point