Monday Night Raw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
As I said, HHH should run the company and i'm fine with that, but the next face of control should be some sort of puppet who can freshen things up.

I'm just not interested in the buck stopping with these people anymore, that's basically it. There's a lot of old talent that I love and would love to see involved every once in a while but not every week and that includes Flair, this is tentative mistrust of talent to have legends loom overhead and lend out of date cred that only one demo bracket of the crowd even recognizes, while the rest are asking what the deal is because the WWE isn't really doing enough to bridge the gaps and make you care.

They need to generate new fans and new ideas, and if they have given up on it then fine, just send all the young talent into NXT like fragments again and internet based and have the big RAW show be for the legends demo they serve and give up, because trying to do both is not working, it panders to the aging fans and wastes the new risk takers by battling with smarks that bring no new dollars in and is only generating a minimal amount of new fans that are mostly all aging with Cena shirts on.

I like way Lucha Underground has taken to doing something different, but that isn't for everyone nor does it have much growth in terms of the actual wrestling either, a lot it could end in fake knife fights and be as a propos and justified. Wrestling has to find it's roots in growing appeal and connect again on a basic level to the kid sense of wonder in simple conflict and shed the writing crutches. Good vs evil is not hard to do, trying to make every move involved a marketing vehicle for several demos at once with a cage around the content's potential is what is ruining all of this shit.

Last edited:

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The one great point that a lot of ex-bookers have made is this breaking kayfabe thing that is treated both serious and not.

Rusev breaks Kayfabe for a ring = Punishment

Rollins breaks Kayfabe to Sting apologizing publically and vice versa = Ohh great behind the scenes look at...

Nonsense, it is fundamental posion to the concept of wrestling, Heel and Faces and Anti-x all need to keep their damn personas consistent. This twitter generation shit is very interesting but at the cost of the suspension that wrestling needs. The work level and the suspension of disbelieve feeding the desire to ignore what you know, work hand in hand to make wrestling work. You corrupt one or the other too far and people stop wanting to give you that benefit. The more you feed smarks the worse off you are, you should be giving smarks nothing, not releasing matchups ahead of time.

Whether it be a legend who obvious to a 5 year old can't cut it, or it's this twitter breaking or interview "kudos" system that pauses personas for some "family of wrestlers" thing. They are both destructive to a show that rely on people seeming like bastards to children and adults alike regardless of what they may know on one hand, and you cannot say "Well me as a fan of X age, only what I think is cool matters" because you selfishly condemn the parts you don't like that others do or it needs to fail and chip away at the foundation. None of us can or should like the entire product, but being willing to suspend at any age is crucial.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2015
Yea I completely agree with everything you guys said.

That gif of Styles was amazing.

I think they should try and see what they can do with Shane.... Maybe he's gonna pitch some ideas. Continue to freshen things up. I'm hearing a rumor of the Bullet Club debuting soon.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yea I completely agree with everything you guys said.

That gif of Styles was amazing.

I think they should try and see what they can do with Shane.... Maybe he's gonna pitch some ideas. Continue to freshen things up. I'm hearing a rumor of the Bullet Club debuting soon.

I really hope so, if they had listened to Shane and bought the UFC and let him run it off at the side I often wonder what it would have looked like, I think it would have had much more of the spirit of Pride going on and gradually had two products like Bellator is trying to achieve.

Shane's employees speak nothing but highly of him, where as Steph and Vince are both just intolerably tyrannical to the little people.

Last edited:

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I remember when Jack Tunney was the fake president, that whole thing worked really well at the time, even if not the most financially lucrative era near the end of it, and presented a lot of valid mystery about the company.

Obviously when Vince and Stone Cold took to the spotlight it was both necessary and awesome, but you can't go to that well very often, where as the mystery general managers and more mystery control is much much easier to work with. Raw needs to do a lot more "Whodunit" style mystery angles involving the show again. Drawing the lines too thick has boxed them up, especially when they make too liberal use of Twitter and the media to test ideas and show how out of touch they really are about certain things.

The authority is just the long dying echo of going to the "Employee vs boss" angle and it has to stop, it has more than run it's course as fruitful and the words "Reality" and Wrestling should never the two meet this intimately, they are poisonous to each other.

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I remember when Jack Tunney was the fake president, that whole thing worked really well at the time, even if not the most financially lucrative era near the end of it, and presented a lot of valid mystery about the company.

Obviously when Vince and Stone Cold took to the spotlight it was both necessary and awesome, but you can't go to that well very often, where as the mystery general managers and more mystery control is much much easier to work with. Raw needs to do a lot more "Whodunit" style mystery angles involving the show again. Drawing the lines too thick has boxed them up, especially when they make too liberal use of Twitter and the media to test ideas and show how out of touch they really are about certain things.

The authority is just the long dying echo of going to the "Employee vs boss" angle and it has to stop, it has more than run it's course as fruitful and the words "Reality" and Wrestling should never the two meet this intimately, they are poisonous to each other.
Furthermore I think I'd argue that the employee/employer relationship has changed quite a bit for the general public over the past 10 years. Which is starting to make the "I hate my boss" angle out of touch in and of itself.