Monster's Pick 'em Championship Season 4

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
T

The Big Guy

We should make picks in all the fights like all the mma news sites do. With everyone picking the huge favorites everytime is kinda repetitive.

Just my opinion

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I'm not against having to pick all the fights, but we would have to change how we do bonus points, if we do them at all. I would suggest 2 points for a correct fight winner, then you pick the method of win, either decision, tko, or sub, for an extra 1 point, for a total of 3 points per fight. I'd to like to hear from the rest of the people who regularly play too, though.

Left Hook Larry @Left Hook Larry
Sex Chicken @Funtastic Bawk Cawk
Wild @Wild
MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK
ECC170 @ECC170
Ghost Bro @Fallon's Discarded penis
La Paix @Kelly
@nick diaz nut hugger
@Bones Nose
Hwoarang @Hwoarang
Q @Qat
Venum Shill @PeriwinkleBlueCaravan
hit4me4 @hit4me4
Team Bisping @TeamBisping
L @PND

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm not against having to pick all the fights, but we would have to change how we do bonus points, if we do them at all. I would suggest 2 points for a correct fight winner, then you pick the method of win, either decision, tko, or sub, for an extra 1 point, for a total of 3 points per fight. I'd to like to hear from the rest of the people who regularly play too, though.

Wild @Wild
MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK
ECC170 @ECC170
La Paix @Kelly
@nick diaz nut hugger
@Bones Nose
Hwoarang @Hwoarang
Q @Qat
hit4me4 @hit4me4
L @PND
yea i like that a lot better. it takes more skill imo than picking round and method.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015

Wild @Wild
MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK
ECC170 @ECC170
La Paix @Kelly
@nick diaz nut hugger
@Bones Nose
Hwoarang @Hwoarang
Q @Qat
hit4me4 @hit4me4
L @PND
Looks good to me

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015

Wild @Wild
MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK
ECC170 @ECC170
La Paix @Kelly
@nick diaz nut hugger
@Bones Nose
Hwoarang @Hwoarang
Q @Qat
hit4me4 @hit4me4
L @PND
we don't have to it broski...was just throwing out there..just was thinking of diff format..ill do whatever, im not picky

Left Hook Larry

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
we don't have to it broski...was just throwing out there..just was thinking of diff format
its a lot better than the current format. a lot of times i just pick decision and guess what the scorecards will be. too many variables trying to pick the round, method and finish type

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
its a lot better than the current format. a lot of times i just pick decision and guess what the scorecards will be. too many variables trying to pick the round, method and finish type
I was thinking its hard for ppl to,get their picks in Cuz especially when its that tedious...I play every week and almost fk up everytime..I like just going through. looking at a list and saying who i think wins..I think bettiing sites started adding ask the bonus type of finish shit to milk money and to keep guys like ourselves who can on a consistent basis pick 4 out of 4 every card regardless off the odds...

Left Hook Larry

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Lol, on the whole who won our 3rd league...
I always go for the favorites in most cases. A fight like Faber/Rivera was one of the more recent ones I remember where I was pretty sure Faber wouldn't win. I also like to keep notes on fighters as I watch the events because a lot of times just looking at past fight results it doesn't tell the whole picture. Randy Brown looked like shit imo but he managed to snatch a choke so 6 months from now I would have picked him if he's the favorite unless I had some good notes.

I usually spend 20-30 minutes researching picks mainly checking their records and the way they finish fights. If I had the time to watch tape before making my picks I would probably start betting good money on them. Some of it is luck too especially the decisions. A weird judges score each week can make or break you when it comes down to the final tally and that's why I like picking the winner and way they won.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I always go for the favorites in most cases. A fight like Faber/Rivera was one of the more recent ones I remember where I was pretty sure Faber wouldn't win. I also like to keep notes on fighters as I watch the events because a lot of times just looking at past fight results it doesn't tell the whole picture. Randy Brown looked like shit imo but he managed to snatch a choke so 6 months from now I would have picked him if he's the favorite unless I had some good notes.

I usually spend 20-30 minutes researching picks mainly checking their records and the way they finish fights. If I had the time to watch tape before making my picks I would probably start betting good money on them. Some of it is luck too especially the decisions. A weird judges score each week can make or break you when it comes down to the final tally and that's why I like picking the winner and way they won.
I have a similar method but mines just of memory..Like you I picked Riviera...Picking fights honestly could be a career if somebody invested in. guy like you or myself lol Having gambling sponsors would be dope ..whatever I win I split with them..no risk for me and possible good gain for them

Last edited:

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I like the idea of picking all the fights. It gives more chances to make up big ground in the standing. And allows you to pick upsets. The current format is hard to pick upsets because with only four fights you pretty much have to get all 4 fights right to remain competitive.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I think that picking the favourites is easy, the rounds and method then come in to change that..mma is crazy though so the likelihood of getting it right is low..boils down to "ud 29-28x3" or x2 with one judge as usual fucking sucking.
I would like some reward for picking underdogs, especially heavy underdogs, but it's hard to implement a bonus system like that..
Maybe pick all fights and over a certain amount of correct fight winners(5or something) you get some extra points for every other pick you got right.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Wild @Wild
MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK
ECC170 @ECC170
La Paix @Kelly
@nick diaz nut hugger
@Bones Nose
Hwoarang @Hwoarang
Q @Qat
hit4me4 @hit4me4
L @PND
+1 for this idea.

M

member 3289

I also like the "pick every fight, 3 points per fight" idea. Allows for more ground to be made up after a shitty performance and the selection format is a lot simpler

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Unless there is a barrage of deft criticism between now and later, I'll write up the new rules and make the thread for Season 5 tonight.

Venum Shill

https://www.venum.com/
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think we should do straight picks
Let's say 5 fighters for 1 event
1 point for each correct pick
3 correct picks equals 1 extra point
5 correct picks equals 3 extra points

If i'm too off base, please give other suggestions

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I think we should do straight picks
Let's say 5 fighters for 1 event
1 point for each correct pick
3 correct picks equals 1 extra point
5 correct picks equals 3 extra points

If i'm too off base, please give other suggestions
Isn't getting more right the reward in and of itself? I also like the idea of having to think about things a little more to decide the most likely outcome, rather than just the winner.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015