Lifestyle More random pictures of my dogs.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Since certain people want to be shitheads, I guess I just have to do this.

My ferocious Rottie using the cat as a pillow. (it happened frequently. She was ferocious afterall.)

I've talked about how I trained these two. I've talked about how the little girl at Starved Rock asked if they were magical, since they could run up or down walls that defied physics. I trained them mostly in the woods, but this was just their backyard stick.

And when in doubt, commando log walking over a valley. Because, that's just how we rolled.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
sick pics. and experiences
If I had a cellphone with a camera back in the day, I could show you so much more. I don't know if I could send my dogs jumping off cliffs after sticks I tossed like I did with these two. (If I was training dogs today) My family thought I was fucking crazy. But I had two damn good dogs who half the time, I didn't even need to speak too. We always had hand signals, and more often than not, they knew their role by a single look.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
do u like high fantasy. u shoudl read the farseer trilogy

fitzchivalry farseer ends up becoming a man at the same time that a friend grows from a viciouos, angry, scared teenage wolfling into a hero of ages, without any of the credit

night eyes

they have a telepathic link. well, fitzchivalry has that in general. but especially with Night Eyes.

"we are pack"

its hilarius when he feels creeped out. like if hes kissing his childhood crush and then night eyes telepathically says something like "im hungry. lets go hunting" and fitz gets creaped out haha

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
Random crazy story about the rottie:

I once got her a green chew toy bone. One day it disappeared. 2 years later, I have them out with me while shoveling the driveway in a blizzard, and the Rottie just walks up to a bush, jams her face in, and comes out with the green chew toy that no one had seen in years. She was very expressive. She dropped it at my feet and looked at me like "Yeah bitch, whats up now?". It was pretty killer.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
some or all of that might be fan fiction

ok some definitely isnt. night eyes is a wolf. and fitz and nighteyes made moves. nthign beats the relationship between man and dog! more pics please!

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015

ok some definitely isnt. night eyes is a wolf. and fitz and nighteyes made moves. nthign beats the relationship between man and dog! more pics please!
Ill talk a lot of shit. Never will I dishonor the best friends I have ever had. Don't ever forget that.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015

This is my personal favorite of the Rottie. Neither of them 'walked' through the snow that day, but had to jump forward to move. They slept well that day. Tired dogs are good dogs.

And Abs just chilling on a cliff face. Don't even remember why she was there, it was probably because she defied gravity and she knew she could.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
I still get choked up when I think about the little girl who asked if my dogs were magical. That was 10-15 years ago, but she was probably 6-7 years old, and my dogs were running up cliff faces and leaping across waterfalls like no ethereal being should. I'd bet money that if I ran into that girl today, she would remember that day that she saw my dogs being awesome, as they always were.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Out of curiosity. In the cat thread you told the story of the Lab you were rehoming and you said "no hunters" why is that?

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
Out of curiosity. In the cat thread you told the story of the Lab you were rehoming and you said "no hunters" why is that?
Personal preference. She wasn't a very well mannered or nice dog by any stretch, and hunters aren't exactly renowned for being nice to animals. I spent my money and my time to save her life and I just wanted her to end up as a house dog who could lay out in the sun and wouldn't end up getting chained up by some fucking asshole who I would then end up having to track down and kill with a claw hammer.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Personal preference. She wasn't a very well mannered or nice dog by any stretch, and hunters aren't exactly renowned for being nice to animals. I spent my money and my time to save her life and I just wanted her to end up as a house dog who could lay out in the sun and wouldn't end up getting chained up by some fucking asshole who I would then end up having to track down and kill with a claw hammer.
I suppose everyone's personal experience is different but that's an old school mentality. Dogs that are treated like shit, work like shit. The couple hunters I know (myself included) have some of the best taken care of dogs you'll ever meet.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
Random weird commands I had for them.
-Achtung: Sit AND Stay. I could tell them to do so, take a shower, shave. and brush my teeth and more often then not, they would still be sitting where I told them. Occasionally Alethea (Rott) would be laying down instead of sitting pretty. Abs never waivered. I had Abs before I got Alethea, but I only started the German when I got her.

-Seek and destroy. I'm a Metallica fan. Basically, it meant go chase that deer.

-Sprechezie duetche (sp?) Growl.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
I suppose everyone's personal experience is different but that's an old school mentality. Dogs that are treated like shit, work like shit. The couple hunters I know (myself included) have some of the best taken care of dogs you'll ever meet.
As well they should be. She was older, overweight, and recovering from acl surgery. As much as I trained my dogs in the woods, she had no place there. She was just better suited to be a house dog. Not to mention she was poorly trained.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
As well they should be. She was older, overweight, and recovering from acl surgery. As much as I trained my dogs in the woods, she had no place there. She was just better suited to be a house dog. Not to mention she was poorly trained.
I need a dog sitter when I go on vacation. And I'd like him trained when I get back. Could you have him trained in, oh let's say 2weeks, when I get back?

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
I need a dog sitter when I go on vacation. And I'd like him trained when I get back. Could you have him trained in, oh let's say 2weeks, when I get back?
No. There is no timetable. it's a day by day thing. It like raising a child. Everyday is different. I trained them both, everyday, until the end.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
Seriously. My Shepard had a better chance of dunking a basketball than I ever will.

Magical was an appropriate adjective.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Yeh that line about hunters seemed odd. Every hunter I know adores his dogs.

Brother in law for example..years ago, I visited and as soon as I walk through the door he handed me a shock collar. He told me to try it on and I asked him why. He said that he did it already. So I asked him why. He said that he loves his dogs and would never do something to them that he doesn't understand himself.

Got shock collars for huntng only. In case they ran away or something. I've never see him use it tho. My entire extended family doesn't even use leashes or collar son our dogs. We just open the door. They go out with or without us and knock if they want to cme back in.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
No. There is no timetable. it's a day by day thing. It like raising a child. Everyday is different. I trained them both, everyday, until the end.
Sigh....

I was hoping for.....well, every now and again you're in a mood where you say some of the funniest shit.

Not today? Okay. Carry on.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
You want to raise the bar of the most fucked up shit about me? I actually have some of both of their hairs in cigarette cellphanes, just in case we get cloning right.

I am as serious as late stage brain cancer right now.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
well I'll be playing golden tee in the next hour or so. I'll get funnier. or at least I'll try, I may just get more offensive.