Lifestyle Mountain Bikers of TMMAC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ManDingo

Your Mother’s Lover
Dec 10, 2021
Hard sport to get into without any mountains anywhere close by brah.
I do ride the shit outta my bmx bike!
CBC612A1-EF3A-4318-86A5-2D4C7CB9EF99.jpeg

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Decent ride today ?
It was 33F at the start, but ended up around 60F and clear skies so it was great weather.

14 miles, and a little over 1600 feet of climbing. It was a 1500 calorie ride hah, I’m impatiently waiting food right now.
F0DE1F94-B4D6-4A09-88F0-3A6811349804.jpeg
La Paix @Nuk Soo Kow when will your season start? Saw your fishing pics, looks like you’ve still got a good bit of snow.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Decent ride today ?
It was 33F at the start, but ended up around 60F and clear skies so it was great weather.

14 miles, and a little over 1600 feet of climbing. It was a 1500 calorie ride hah, I’m impatiently waiting food right now.
View attachment 60622
La Paix @Nuk Soo Kow when will your season start? Saw your fishing pics, looks like you’ve still got a good bit of snow.
I’m sitting talking to my son about hitting up our new neighbourhoods local trail system I open up the site to see this, weeeeeirrrrrd.

First off can you gimme a link to your watch please?

Hell of a ride man I’m jealous. You go that far solo? You still on an Evil?

I expect the trails to be decent starting late March depending on how steep the terrain is. Some of my favourite climbs that have a great downhill reward have too much running water clearing down into spring some years so will have to wait for those. We moved to an area that has some local trails super close so I’m excited to check them out. I rode them twice but that was over ten years ago and can’t recall much. I know there’s been a lot of work done to them over the years too. This is them here and trail head is about ten minutes from my place. If you have to watch it all you can see the variety of terrain all within a2hour trail. There’s more routes down as well but this one’s cool.

View: https://youtu.be/ukC60qzaXog

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I’m sitting talking to my son about hitting up our new neighbourhoods local trail system I open up the site to see this, weeeeeirrrrrd.

First off can you gimme a link to your watch please?

Hell of a ride man I’m jealous. You go that far solo? You still on an Evil?

I expect the trails to be decent starting late March depending on how steep the terrain is. Some of my favourite climbs that have a great downhill reward have too much running water clearing down into spring some years so will have to wait for those. We moved to an area that has some local trails super close so I’m excited to check them out. I rode them twice but that was over ten years ago and can’t recall much. I know there’s been a lot of work done to them over the years too. This is them here and trail head is about ten minutes from my place. If you have to watch it all you can see the variety of terrain all within a2hour trail. There’s more routes down as well but this one’s cool.

View: https://youtu.be/ukC60qzaXog
The watch is a Garmin Instinct (they’re about $300 here). A buddy upgraded to an Apple Watch, and he gave me this one so that was cool. You can also link it to your Strava. It has taken me a couple weeks to get using it all sorted out, but it has some cool features and I’ve enjoyed it so far.

I wasn’t out solo, there were 3 of us today, we almost always try to do a “Sunday Church” ride. The total vert was decent today. None of the hills were that big, but there were a lot of them and they’re mostly technical and rocky, so not easy spin kind of hills.

just watched that video, those trails look sweet! Such a different style than what I have here. But they look super flowy which is always fun.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The watch is a Garmin Instinct (they’re about $300 here). A buddy upgraded to an Apple Watch, and he gave me this one so that was cool. You can also link it to your Strava. It has taken me a couple weeks to get using it all sorted out, but it has some cool features and I’ve enjoyed it so far.

I wasn’t out solo, there were 3 of us today, we almost always try to do a “Sunday Church” ride. The total vert was decent today. None of the hills were that big, but there were a lot of them and they’re mostly technical and rocky, so not easy spin kind of hills.

just watched that video, those trails look sweet! Such a different style than what I have here. But they look super flowy which is always fun.
I’d like to be as fit as you X country guys are but I just love going down hills too much. I’d like a watch like yours. I don’t care for all the connectivity for calls and text and such but like the HR, alt, gps, durability, temp….

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I’d like to be as fit as you X country guys are but I just love going down hills too much. I’d like a watch like yours. I don’t care for all the connectivity for calls and text and such but like the HR, alt, gps, durability, temp….
I don’t blame you, going downhill is definitely more fun.

yeah, same. I didn’t link it for calls or text or any of that stuff, but I do like the other metrics it has.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Same? Solid price it seems.

Yep, that looks like it ?

the one I was given is a couple years old, I wonder if the newer ones have any bonus features.

like I said, it took a bit to get used to it. But all good now. You can customize it quite a bit, including display screens and stuff. And I removed all the widgets I don’t care about.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I have learned some things from the mountain bike world and applied it to road bikes and fixies like using a lower tpi tire I used to use a higher tpi and I would destroy the tires on the road had two of them explode.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have learned some things from the mountain bike world and applied it to road bikes and fixies like using a lower tpi tire I used to use a higher tpi and I would destroy the tires on the road had two of them explode.
I love the fixies, some of the coolest looking bikes out there. I’d own one but it’s just to hilly around here to make it practical. They’d be sweet in a major city setting that’s relatively flat.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I have a good buddy who is into downhill mountain biking. He’s a really interesting guy. Just for the hell of it he went to Scotland and tried to qualify for a World Cup race. He said he didn’t even come close to qualifying. Wasn’t even top 40 in the women’s division. He’s really into MMA too. I should get him to sign up here.
9D9C960D-4673-412C-94EC-928998169562.jpeg

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have a good buddy who is into downhill mountain biking. He’s a really interesting guy. Just for the hell of it he went to Scotland and tried to qualify for a World Cup race. He said he didn’t even come close to qualifying. Wasn’t even top 40 in the women’s division. He’s really into MMA too. I should get him to sign up here.
View attachment 60709
Love that attitude. I did the same for Worlds BJJ in LV. Lost a competitive qualifier then spent three days smoking weed and eating acia bowls. OSSSSSS!

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
View attachment 60709
In the international DH community, there are some absolute monster riders competing. Especially at the World Cup, that's a tough one to get in to, cream of the crop. I know a couple of guys that are absolutely incredible riders, but like your friend they couldn't qualify. With one of the in particular, it's hard to imagine that there were so many better than him, because he's freakin' insane mountain biker.

That's cool though, props to your bud for giving it a go! You'll never win if you don't enter ;)

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
In the international DH community, there are some absolute monster riders competing. Especially at the World Cup, that's a tough one to get in to, cream of the crop. I know a couple of guys that are absolutely incredible riders, but like your friend they couldn't qualify. With one of the in particular, it's hard to imagine that there were so many better than him, because he's freakin' insane mountain biker.

That's cool though, props to your bud for giving it a go! You'll never win if you don't enter ;)
I’ve seen both men and women tear down Whistler at Cramkworx as you know. It’s blew me away how fast and careless everyone of them seemed to be. The local riders know the limits of the mountain and it looks like a rock skipping across water but it’s more like a waterfall due to how steep those declines are. The bikes take an absolute thrashing. I can’t understand how they can even process the information coming in at them in time to adjust themselves and bile as need be. Like you said the top guys we’d see in our trails can’t even qualify ffs.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
^^^^Well shit, after I hit post the video now says "unavailable" Fuckers....

It was a video of this kid Gabriel Wibner, and the video is called Late For School 2

You may be able to find it....but my merican youtube link doesn't like Canada for some reason

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Decent ride today ?

View attachment 60622
You inspired me.

C66AB5EA-BF3D-4D4B-A550-2CDC128249F0.jpeg

7D07B9FA-F09F-4019-8777-50F49A75D1B6.jpeg

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Right on! I’ve been enjoying the data I get out of it. It took me a bit to figure my way around, but got the hang of it now. I’ve been recording hikes and bike rides, and some other stuff at work. It’s cool too that you can change around the face to have the things important to you easy up front.

you gotta get the pulse down man lol
4EED2B0D-8697-4BA2-A299-551C07200EEE.jpeg

the altimeter is the one thing that seems a little squirrelly and I haven’t figured out why. Like right now what’s shown above , is too low. But then other times it’s dead on, and works fine when I’m logging something. Like at work the other day, I had a topo map and it was dead on. But sometimes it just shows low for whatever reason.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Right on! I’ve been enjoying the data I get out of it. It took me a bit to figure my way around, but got the hang of it now. I’ve been recording hikes and bike rides, and some other stuff at work. It’s cool too that you can change around the face to have the things important to you easy up front.

you gotta get the pulse down man lol
View attachment 63182

the altimeter is the one thing that seems a little squirrelly and I haven’t figured out why. Like right now what’s shown above , is too low. But then other times it’s dead on, and works fine when I’m logging something. Like at work the other day, I had a topo map and it was dead on. But sometimes it just shows low for whatever reason.
I was reading up on it lots and some people just start their day woth recalibration of alt and that seems to fix it. No idea as I just got mine today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I was reading up on it lots and some people just start their day woth recalibration of alt and that seems to fix it. No idea as I just got mine today.
I keep the backlight at 20%, and that’s been getting me around 2 weeks between charges. I’m pleased with that ?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
La Paix @Dildo Swaggins here is some shitty news....some ass hat stole my evil out of my truck. Cut my Kryptonite cable and it's probably south of the border (that's what happens usually when high end bikes are stolen here, they cross the border and then sold on eBay or whatever).

Fucking sucks big time, which is made especially worse because bikes are hard to find right now. On the plus side, I got a pretty decent settlement from my homeowners insurance so I at least have funds ready to go. I'm done with being pissed off with it, and now I'm just convincing myself that it's an opportunity for an upgrade.

The other shitty news is that I can't find an Evil again, and I've been searching high and low for the past few weeks. There aren't many Evil dealers around here, and the one I've been talking with says it could be 3-4 more months before he'll have one. I really wanted to upgrade the the Offering (mine was the Following), but I don't think I can wait that long. One of the local shops might be getting a different bike in this week. It's not exactly what I wanted, but it is a damn nice bike and is built out with awesome parts. They're supposed to let me know when they have one ready, but it sounds like I may be on an Ibis Ripmo soon. Lots of travel, but still pedals uphill amazingly. Not what I was looking for, but it is damn nice and I know I could be happy on it.

This is what I have my eye on right now. Fingers crossed that they can actually get one. The have one in stock in the baby blue, but that isn't my favorite and would much prefer the gray color. But if that doesn't come in I may have to think about the blue more. With all the shit still fucked up from the pandemic I'm in a position that I'm having to make some compromises.

Thieves are the scum of the earth. I hope that shitbag tried to ride it and crashed his face into the concrete lol

Anyway, this MAY end up being my new ride!
Ripmo - Ibis Cycles Inc.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
La Paix @Dildo Swaggins here is some shitty news....some ass hat stole my evil out of my truck. Cut my Kryptonite cable and it's probably south of the border (that's what happens usually when high end bikes are stolen here, they cross the border and then sold on eBay or whatever).

Fucking sucks big time, which is made especially worse because bikes are hard to find right now. On the plus side, I got a pretty decent settlement from my homeowners insurance so I at least have funds ready to go. I'm done with being pissed off with it, and now I'm just convincing myself that it's an opportunity for an upgrade.

The other shitty news is that I can't find an Evil again, and I've been searching high and low for the past few weeks. There aren't many Evil dealers around here, and the one I've been talking with says it could be 3-4 more months before he'll have one. I really wanted to upgrade the the Offering (mine was the Following), but I don't think I can wait that long. One of the local shops might be getting a different bike in this week. It's not exactly what I wanted, but it is a damn nice bike and is built out with awesome parts. They're supposed to let me know when they have one ready, but it sounds like I may be on an Ibis Ripmo soon. Lots of travel, but still pedals uphill amazingly. Not what I was looking for, but it is damn nice and I know I could be happy on it.

This is what I have my eye on right now. Fingers crossed that they can actually get one. The have one in stock in the baby blue, but that isn't my favorite and would much prefer the gray color. But if that doesn't come in I may have to think about the blue more. With all the shit still fucked up from the pandemic I'm in a position that I'm having to make some compromises.

Thieves are the scum of the earth. I hope that shitbag tried to ride it and crashed his face into the concrete lol

Anyway, this MAY end up being my new ride!
Ripmo - Ibis Cycles Inc.
Bro, I got you. I just took my lunch break and luckily I’m right beside my LBS who sells Evil. They got two on the floor. One L one XL both Wasabi grey. $9700 CA. You buy it online and I’ll ship it out to you tomorrow.

04EB01BE-7FE3-4595-AE79-E9E417A8D46F.jpeg

D8620E44-667C-4DE1-AF1E-05CB49121BEC.jpeg

I’m being serious man. That photo is two minutes old.

Last edited: