Lifestyle Mountain Bikers of TMMAC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I did not remember to take hardly any pics...

...but the bike park was fun yesterday!

We were hauling ass all day long though, and I definitely had a couple of butt-pucker moments :D

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Those Evils are beautiful. Good DH day?
I love my Evil, good chance my next upgrade will be an Evil again. The red one is an Ibis Mojo, which is also a killer ride (160mm travel so its a great enduro/DH rig).

We had a great day out there! The runs were great, but obviously a lot shorter than the ski resort stuff I’m used to in a Colorado - but the trails were super fun. We did somewhere around 25 runs, so it was badass! Lots of kickers and tabletops to hit. Will be fun to practice getting air more often. There were a couple tabletops I was hitting pretty good and nailing. But then there are two big ones, I was hitting them at like 20-25 mph and not making it all the way to the landing. Going to have to hit them even harder next time :D

It was great skills training, by the end of the day I was warming up and getting a better feel for the jumps.

Overall, I didn’t think the trails were crazy difficult (but still challenging and fun). But man, one of the double blacks has a real sketchy spot! One of those things that if you hesitate at all your fucked. Full commitment required! It was like a 4 foot drop so not insane, but you’re already on a steep slope pointing downhil and moving pretty quick. and then right at the bottom it hooks hard to the right. If you miss the turn, it wouldn’t be good at all lol, all big trees and rocks. One of those flow state things, if you keep your momentum and just do it, you’re fine. But if you hit too slow or too hard, absolutely fucked haha

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Inspired by this thread, gonna go pick up a 2019 Surly Long Haul Trucker on Friday:

https://surlybikes.com/bikes/long_haul_trucker

Outstanding! I love the Surly brand, and that is a fine rig you’ve selected.

I have my main mountain bike, and then I have my townie/commuter which is a 2008 Surly Karate Monkey. What I use around town, and for pulling the kid in a trailer on family rides. Love that bike.

You know where you will be riding? Have all the necessary gear?

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Outstanding! I love the Surly brand, and that is a fine rig you’ve selected.

I have my main mountain bike, and then I have my townie/commuter which is a 2008 Surly Karate Monkey. What I use around town, and for pulling the kid in a trailer on family rides. Love that bike.

You know where you will be riding? Have all the necessary gear?
Loving this thread and all the info you’ve been sharing here Grateful Dude @Grateful Dude, really got my juices flowing to hop back on a bike and ride.

We have a 20 mile Bike path here under DIA I plan on riding to get back into the swing of things after that I plan on taking it out to Boulder and just riding some pavement...no real big plans yet

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Loving this thread and all the info you’ve been sharing here Grateful Dude @Grateful Dude, really got my juices flowing to hop back on a bike and ride.

We have a 20 mile Bike path here under DIA I plan on riding to get back into the swing of things after that I plan on taking it out to Boulder and just riding some pavement...no real big plans yet
That’s great to hear man, I’m happy some of y’all enjoy this thread. Biking has always been a big part of my life, I could chat about it until time ends :D

I smile every time I get on a bike. It’s such a basic thing, but has tremendous rewards. My wife and son and I will go on family rides after work some days, and it’s incredible how fast the stresses of the day melt away after getting the pedals going. It’s like a reset for me.

I’m glad to hear you’re fired up to get back in the saddle, keep us updated when you get your new ride. That bike will treat you well! Boulder will be fun, I like the Front Range part of CO quite a bit. Have a lot of friends in Golden and visit there once or twice a year.

And post some pics when you get her home!

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
That’s great to hear man, I’m happy some of y’all enjoy this thread. Biking has always been a big part of my life, I could chat about it until time ends :D

I smile every time I get on a bike. It’s such a basic thing, but has tremendous rewards. My wife and son and I will go on family rides after work some days, and it’s incredible how fast the stresses of the day melt away after getting the pedals going. It’s like a reset for me.

I’m glad to hear you’re fired up to get back in the saddle, keep us updated when you get your new ride. That bike will treat you well! Boulder will be fun, I like the Front Range part of CO quite a bit. Have a lot of friends in Golden and visit there once or twice a year.

And post some pics when you get her home!
Yeah buddy! Biking is a great time and actually a great workout, keep sharing with us your knowledge on Biking as I’m still learning the basics ..also share more pics as well!

I’m sure I’ll be back to ask questions in the near future!

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Just wrapped up with a 3 hour Sunday “church” ride with the fellas. Trails were in great shape today despite all the rain we’ve had the past few weeks.

Always feel so good after a ride, now it’s time to stuff my face with a bunch of food!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just wrapped up with a 3 hour Sunday “church” ride with the fellas. Trails were in great shape today despite all the rain we’ve had the past few weeks.

Always feel so good after a ride, now it’s time to stuff my face with a bunch of food!
Today mainly so gle track XC through some trees? I can't imagine what terrain you got close by.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Today mainly so gle track XC through some trees? I can't imagine what terrain you got close by.
That’s pretty much it - windy singletrack and lots of juniper trees, and trails are pretty narrow and tight. The place we were at today is mostly bedrock at the surface, with areas of loose soil over hardpack. Rocky and chunky trails, so some parts are pretty technical. This place also has some wood plank sections that are fun, and a few nice size kicker jumps too.

I like this place we were at today because you can cover some ground and keep a good pace flying through all the windy stuff, and then that gets broken up by rocky technical sections. And then the kickers and planks are a bonus :D

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
La Paix @BirdWatcher

This is where I was today. This is the “skills park” area. The trails open up a little here, but it’s cool they used the more open areas for the skills park. You can only see a little of the trail here, but there is a a lot of good singletrack at this park.

View: https://youtu.be/5TUFtT5_X2I
Nice! I'm about to head out myself so I'll try to snap a few pics as well.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Spent four hours trying to get my new rack on. First time I've had to put something in the hidden hitch and it had years of all kinds of shit packing in there. Incredibly frustrating at times but finally got it all cleaned out.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Spent four hours trying to get my new rack on. First time I've had to put something in the hidden hitch and it had years of all kinds of shit packing in there. Incredibly frustrating at times but finally got it all cleaned out.

nice truck

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016

What rack did you get? I’ve been considering getting a hitch rack...they’re pricey! I use my tailgate pad most of the time, but hitch racks are good for trips where I have more cargo in the bed.

The one you got looks good!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
What rack did you get? I’ve been considering getting a hitch rack...they’re pricey! I use my tailgate pad most of the time, but hitch racks are good for trips where I have more cargo in the bed.

The one you got looks good!
That there is a Swagman Jack Knife, holds two as you can see. I've used a tailgate pads for years too but having a shortbox I find I prefer having my canopy on most of the time. If we do an out of town trip for a few days or even a day trip with kids it's super tight to pack all the bikes and gear without a rack. Four bikes on a pad takes up 90% of my box. I bought this one used for $200CA and am happy with it so far. When bikes come off it folds down to save some space. I still think the platform style are one of the best. So easy to load/unload. Another great style is called a North Shore rack. Can fit up to six vertically.

North Shore Racks | A Bike Rack by Mountain Bikers, For Mountain Bikers

Most decent racks will have a locking hitch pin and cable to keep everything relatively safe. They will also tilt down to allow access to drop tail gate or open canopy hatch.