Movie GP Opening Round 6: Magneto vs Hancock

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Magneto vs Hancock

• Total voters

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Opening Round 6:

Magneto - RedDragonUK @RedDragonUK vs Hancock - El_Varaco @El_Varaco

Arena: The Godavari River

Combatants have their powers in their ideal settings (eg Superman has been solar charged, Neo is in the Matrix, Namor is fully hydrated etc).

Win is by KO/death. Fleeing the battle is a DQ. Battlefield removal (BFR) is allowed but does not automatically equal a win, eg Goku teleporting Batman to Africa is not a win. Goku throwing Batman into the sun IS a win.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
Godavari river? Can somebody tell me what this bridge is made of? Metal, its made of metal

Magneto deals with Supersonics and super strength day in day out. Healing factor? Did you see what he did to Wolverine when he pulled his skeleton out? Hancock is a lazy Alcoholic with no motivation and has no idea what he's in for with Mags.

Treadstone06

I got 2 words for ya...
Apr 20, 2015
Here's my thoughts on this. Magneto is one if my favorite characters....but how does he actually hurt Hancock? Hancock doesn't have a lot of stuff out there besides the movie does he?

If not, what was made abundantly clear to me in the movie was that without his lady friend around, he literally cannot be hurt.

Thoughts?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Here's my thoughts on this. Magneto is one if my favorite characters....but how does he actually hurt Hancock? Hancock doesn't have a lot of stuff out there besides the movie does he?

If not, what was made abundantly clear to me in the movie was that without his lady friend around, he literally cannot be hurt.

Thoughts?
He has limits. For example, he is at least vulnerable to alcohol. And Charlize Theron said she was stronger, which definitely implies a strength limit.

When they were fighting but before they started getting weaker, Hancock felt the effects of being slammed into stuff at high speed. He can be hurt, just not easily.

El_Varaco

Apr 15, 2015
Hancock is a slightly less powerful black superman.

He probably has powers he hasn't discovered yet

And unless you stick an iv of vodka into him mid battle. He's not getting drunk.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Hancock is a slightly less powerful black superman.

He probably has powers he hasn't discovered yet

And unless you stick an iv of vodka into him mid battle. He's not getting drunk.
Are you saying the Hancock creators didn't make him as strong as super man because he's black?

El_Varaco

Apr 15, 2015
Godavari river? Can somebody tell me what this bridge is made of? Metal, its made of metal

Magneto deals with Supersonics and super strength day in day out. Healing factor? Did you see what he did to Wolverine when he pulled his skeleton out? Hancock is a lazy Alcoholic with no motivation and has no idea what he's in for with Mags.

this is what happened the last time a large metal object tried to stop hancock

and don't bother throwing chunks of metal at high speed either

Unless you're a leggy south african blonde, he won't even need to use his healing factor.

and it takes a lot for magneto to move a bridge that size, before he realizes it....

see those people on the river bank there?

that's ammo for hancock.

El_Varaco

Apr 15, 2015
Water? How about space?

My boy went to the moon and carved a mafuckin heart on it. A heart.

He'd bitchslap aquaman with an octopus if need be

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Water? How about space?

My boy went to the moon and carved a mafuckin heart on it. A heart.

He'd bitchslap aquaman with an octopus if need be
True he did go to the moon but it's a known fact that black aliens can't swim

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I think the alcohol intolerance demonstrates that Hancock does need oxygen. However, the space trip would suggest he can hold his breath for quite a long time. Can Magneto get him into the river? And can he keep him there for long enough to drown him?

El_Varaco

Apr 15, 2015
I think the alcohol intolerance demonstrates that Hancock does need oxygen. However, the space trip would suggest he can hold his breath for quite a long time. Can Magneto get him into the river? And can he keep him there for long enough to drown him?
Can't see that happening.

Keeping him underwater requires putting him under a weight heavy enough that he can't lift it. Sure mags can lift a stadium, but it takes total concentration on his part,and while he's doing that Hancock just punts him in the nuts.

There's no way I can see magneto hurts Hancock enough to buy him time to lift something super heavy and bury Hancock with it

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Can't see that happening.

Keeping him underwater requires putting him under a weight heavy enough that he can't lift it. Sure mags can lift a stadium, but it takes total concentration on his part,and while he's doing that Hancock just punts him in the nuts.

There's no way I can see magneto hurts Hancock enough to buy him time to lift something super heavy and bury Hancock with it
I don't think a stadium would be enough to stop Hancock. Is that Magneto's limit?