General Moving - Toronto or Vancouver?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Jan 21, 2015
Gay For Longo, what part of the GTA are you?

I am in Burlington but miss BC a lot. - Mountains, Gandalf... Mountains!!!

Jan 21, 2015
no but I can see a hint of the lake from my office window. My wife's studio is in Waterdown, on the drive back we get a view from Burlington all the way to Toronto, skyline in the distance every day

I know some hiking trails where you can get up on the cliffs, lots of good views around here

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Gay For Longo, what part of the GTA are you?

I am in Burlington but miss BC a lot. - Mountains, Gandalf... Mountains!!!
North gta outskirts
Was in Barrie but now pretty much on the 404 instead of the 400

Edit: I worked at downsview for 10-12 years before my car accident, commuting

Jan 21, 2015
^^ Shite, really? I hear people complain here in Toronto about prices going up, Van is worse??

Some house prices have doubled here in just a few years...

LOL @ Detroit

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
^^ Shite, really? I hear people complain here in Toronto about prices going up, Van is worse??

Some house prices have doubled here in just a few years...

LOL @ Detroit
My house almost tripled in less than 8 years :)
Housing market has died down in Toronto though

M

member 3289

Did you trade a twig for that?
As fun as it would be to talk shit about it, I'm actually very impressed by your money.

It doesn't tear (unlike ours) and seems a lot harder to reproduce.

Far superior to American bills.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
As fun as it would be to talk shit about it, I'm actually very impressed by your money.

It doesn't tear (unlike ours) and seems a lot harder to reproduce.

Far superior to American bills.
I agree, it’s pretty cool stuff. I do like your money though because it has that classic look.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I live in Vancouver, I'm a native actually. We're full up and then some. We now have the distinction of being the most congested city in North America and yet still they build. Much of the new housing belongs to mainland Chinese gangsters and money launderers and sits empty while the owners live off shore. Housing is a rich speculators game for this generation I'm afraid. Thoroughly corrupt government here, big time government corruption has sold out the locals long ago. Stick a fork in Vancouver, it's done. Pity, it was such a nice place forty, hell, even thirty years ago.

Go to Toronto. Shitty weather but the rule of law still applies there.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
In The interior the people are very nice but Vancouverites are the least social people in the world. And even more up their own ass than a Torontonian.

La Paix @BirdWatcher is a homer so he won't admit the soullessness of the average dead eyed, seasonal affective disorder having, self obsessed Vancouverite.
Those are the transplants Masato Toys @Masato Toys . Have you forgotten? This is where the assholes of the world gather.

Us natives are salt of the earth ;)

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Wow, that’s a heap of insight!

I’m happy to commute to Toronto if we end up in Vancouver. Can’t be too hard.

I’m in Sydney lower north shore, not remote. Have been for 11yrs & love it. Walking home from the pub yesterday.

Won’t buy (no need), but will rent/lease. Want 3br place, close to bar/restaurants, transport etc.
Got to have a back yard for a bbq.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Should also add
If you smoke weed, Toronto has some amazing weed and some amazing locally grown as well, on top of that the marijuana industry is absolutely booming
Vancouver has the better weed though

I might argue the industry is growing stronger currently in Toronto than Vancouver but that is mostly because Vancouver has had a larger marijuana industry longer, so the growth doesn't appear as significant

Really there's no point to this post because you can get your weed shipped from Vancouver to Toronto in a day

I have 2 ounces coming by purolator tomorrow from kelowna

If you're a pothead Toronto will be the choice in another generation as well. BC pot culture won't survive the demographic shift to a Chinese majority populace. The southern city of Richmond is the canary in the coalmine in this regard. Richmond has already declared it's intention to become a dry city when marijuana becomes legal next year and this is an obvious product of the political muscle of the Chinese majority there. The Chinese have made it pretty clear that BC Bud is finished when they become majority.And so it should be, in a democracy the majority has the right to order the society the way it wishes.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
This was my next question
Are you more city folk or enjoy privacy
You can get privacy around Toronto, but you have to commute
Do you want a house, townhouse or condo?
I work from home. Will lease or buy an office for staff. If I live in Toronto then no need to travel. If it ends up being Vancouver then it’s just a flight.

Will lease accommodation rather than buy. It’s only 12 months