General Moving - Toronto or Vancouver?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
I work from home. Will lease or buy an office for staff. If I live in Toronto then no need to travel. If it ends up being Vancouver then it’s just a flight.

Will lease accommodation rather than buy. It’s only 12 months
Toronto would be perfect imo if this is your plan
Housing market just took a big turn down a couple months back so prices have dropped pretty significantly
Some amazing condos in that city man

My buddy had a condo and his balcony looked into the skydome (where the blue jays play), it was fucking amazing

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Hasn’t so much died down.
Trust me I know;)
It did here
Almost overnight prices dropped 50k
Houses were selling within a day if they even made it to market and now they are just sitting on the market for weeks and maybe months

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Hasn’t so much died down.
Trust me I know;)
It is still ridiculous but not what it was back in the start of the year
I was pissed when I bought my house and it was over 225 8 years ago, now I couldn't even get a rundown shack for 200k

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
It did here
Almost overnight prices dropped 50k
Houses were selling within a day if they even made it to market and now they are just sitting on the market for weeks and maybe months
Where are you located (if you don’t mind sharing that info)?
Let’s just say that I often deal with real estate in the GTA area.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
BJTT_Kiwi @BJTT_Kiwi btw this was a complete joke those are the worst areas in both cities
Stay the fuck away from there lol
I know a girl that was a bartender on Hastings. She was leaving one night and felt like she wasn’t alone. She looked around and saw bare feet sticking out below a long curtain. There was a naked guy behind the curtain with a heroine syringe sticking out of his foot.

Fucked up area.

M

member 1013

Wow, that’s a heap of insight!

I’m happy to commute to Toronto if we end up in Vancouver. Can’t be too hard.

I’m in Sydney lower north shore, not remote. Have been for 11yrs & love it. Walking home from the pub yesterday.

Won’t buy (no need), but will rent/lease. Want 3br place, close to bar/restaurants, transport etc.
Got to have a back yard for a bbq.
Yea you're not getting a big back yard in toronto or Vancouver proper

Unless you have millions in which case I would buy and not rent

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
As fun as it would be to talk shit about it, I'm actually very impressed by your money.

It doesn't tear (unlike ours) and seems a lot harder to reproduce.

Far superior to American bills.
Yep, the changed all the bills a couple years back
Started with 50s and 20s
A lot of people don't like them because they feel kind of like plastic but they are far superior in quality

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Wow, that’s a heap of insight!

I’m happy to commute to Toronto if we end up in Vancouver. Can’t be too hard.

I’m in Sydney lower north shore, not remote. Have been for 11yrs & love it. Walking home from the pub yesterday.

Won’t buy (no need), but will rent/lease. Want 3br place, close to bar/restaurants, transport etc.
Got to have a back yard for a bbq.
Backyard will be your problem in Toronto
If you go for a condo you can get big units with really big porches or you can get a bottom floor condo and then use the grass as part of the yard

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
If you're a pothead Toronto will be the choice in another generation as well. BC pot culture won't survive the demographic shift to a Chinese majority populace. The southern city of Richmond is the canary in the coalmine in this regard. Richmond has already declared it's intention to become a dry city when marijuana becomes legal next year and this is an obvious product of the political muscle of the Chinese majority there. The Chinese have made it pretty clear that BC Bud is finished when they become majority.And so it should be, in a democracy the majority has the right to order the society the way it wishes.
They are doing the same thing here as far as foreigners buying a ton of houses/property and then they are rented out

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Yep, the changed all the bills a couple years back
Started with 50s and 20s
A lot of people don't like them because they feel kind of like plastic but they are far superior in quality
Totally
I was in Oz in the 90s and the plastic bills were already everywhere. I was impressed by the quality and durability.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Are you a Suttonite

Man so much is explained

Ever go Ni*per Tipping you degenerate?
Growing up the only black people in town were my family lol
We didn't put up with that shit

And mostly it not n*gger tipping, it's pushing the Chinese guys off bridges while they are trying to fish
Get it right lol

M

member 1013

Growing up the only black people in town were my family lol
We didn't put up with that shit

And mostly it not n*gger tipping, it's pushing the Chinese guys off bridges while they are trying to fish
Get it right lol
Look what I wrote

N
I
Two Ps
E
R

You made me say im gonna dunk you in the waters of lake simcoe

Don't ban me Leigh @Leigh it's Gay For Longo @Gay for Longo 's people's disgusting habit

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
BJTT_Kiwi @BJTT_Kiwi if you're planning on working from home with the occasional commute consider Squamish. Its about 40 minutes north of Vancouver, 30 minutes south of Whistler. Incredible spot for all things outdoors with climbing , biking and skiing being some of the most common. Its super nice but not as pricey compared to bring in Vancouver itself. Having easy access to Whistler would be life changing for the family.

When leaving Vancouver it's the only real city you'd hit heading north until Whistler. I honestly can't describe how awesome Whistler is if you've never seen it for yourself. To have access to the big city and one of the best outdoor recreational places on earth would be so great for a young family. You'll get a handful of bearded plaid wearing craft beer and coffee loving Subaru drivers but they're good people. This area would be in my top 5 if I moved back to the coast.