Muhammed Lawal: 'I'll never be a UFC fighter, I don't fit the mold'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

"Dawg, listen. I'm not a UFC fighter. I never will be. I don't fit the mold. You know, I'm too much end work for them. You know what I'm saying? Straight up, I can't play the game. Like, they do their thing, I do my thing. People there, they do great. I'm happy for them. They're getting paid. I just can't, it's not me."

Muhammed Lawal: 'I'll never be a UFC fighter, I don't fit the mold'

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Pretty much anyone can get themselves in the papers right now for shitting on the UFC. It may be justified but it's getting oooold

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
As I wrote a couple of days ago, he would go under there, he knows it himself. And he is getting paid more outside than he would inside. Good for him.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Pretty much anyone can get themselves in the papers right now for shitting on the UFC. It may be justified but it's getting oooold
the truth is old? Yeah, no. Been screaming at MMA fans for 8 years now that Zuffa is shit, but its comments like this that I'd have to combat. Glad Mo's saying stuff like this, then again it's not even that bad.

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
not a fan of mo but i would love to see him put danas dick ridin ass on blast on live tv

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
the truth is old? Yeah, no. Been screaming at MMA fans for 8 years now that Zuffa is shit, but its comments like this that I'd have to combat. Glad Mo's saying stuff like this, then again it's not even that bad.
I think it means more coming from a fighter in the UFC. Not a fighter in the twilight of his career trying to stay relevant, just my opinion. I'm well aware of the mistreatment Zuffa and the UFC have done to their athletes

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Of who?

Cormier and Jones probably beat him, but the rest are winnable fights for him. And he may not beat Cormier or Jones but he's not afraid to fight either.
All would beat him......didn't he lose to number 10? Also, He would never get to the champion Jones and gatekeeper Cormier.....

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
^^^^^oh, and the tiara? That's ÂŁ25,000 fine for wearing to the cage in the UFC......

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He also wouldn't be pulling 300k paydays from the UFC. I think King Mo is doing right by himself.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Of who?

Cormier and Jones probably beat him, but the rest are winnable fights for him. And he may not beat Cormier or Jones but he's not afraid to fight either.
Honestly, I could agree with you. I'm not even a mo fan, but he could win fights against anyone not named cormier or jones. People just like to shit on him. It's kinda justified tho

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I remember when everyone used to say the Strikeforce guys would get killed if they fought in the UFC.

Signed,
Daniel Cormier
Luke Rockhold
Robbie Lawler
Alistair Overeem
Gilbert Melendez
Jacare Souza
Tim Kennedy
Etc, etc...

* Sigh *

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
Years ago, I'd heard a lot about 2 up and comers, and was excited to see them for the first time, when they fought each other.
After one of the ugliest fights I've seen, I never cared if I ever saw 'King' Mo or Gegard Mousasi fight again. I don't mind Gayguard now, but Mo has never been more than an also-ran with a big mouth, imo.

DoTheKick

Dec 31, 2015
King mo would do well in the ufc he's obviously got his reasons for staying away though, which is a bit suspect if you ask me.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
King mo would do well in the ufc he's obviously got his reasons for staying away though, which is a bit suspect if you ask me.
in one fight i suspect Mo makes more in sponsorship then he would in a ufc contract not to mention the shitbok 2500.00

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
I remember when everyone used to say the Strikeforce guys would get killed if they fought in the UFC.

Signed,
Daniel Cormier
Luke Rockhold
Robbie Lawler
Alistair Overeem
Gilbert Melendez
Jacare Souza
Tim Kennedy
Etc, etc...

* Sigh *
WEC too. They used to say that Benson, Cerrone and Pettis were 'kings of the minor league' and that they wouldn't be able to hang with the UFC lightweights like Clay Guida, Jim Miller, Joe Lauzon, Gray Maynard and Frankie Edgar.

Oops :)