General My black friend is cold

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
14C is t-shirt and shorts weather in BC. Anything over 40C can fuck off though.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
That's like.... nice weather.
Tell your friend to man up.
LOL
And fuck anything over 40c.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
My buddy fromm cyprus bitches his ass off if its below 20c

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
We'll see the 40s a few times each summer, too much for me.

FYI in Kelowna

Yeah, the heat isn't ideal. You adapt and get conditioned to it, but I'd rather not. Summer biking season here takes some extra preparation as far as nutrition/hydration goes. I rode for 2 hours yesterday and went through almost a gallon of water, and probably sweat out more than I drank.

I really like the climate of somewhere like Flagstaff. In the summer its 70-80F during the day and 40-50F at night. Somewhere you can wear shorts during the day, but pants and maybe a jacket at night seems about perfect to me. I imagine Kelowna is something similar to that. You picked a good spot to land :)

How was the mountain the other day? I'm jealous you got a lift assist day!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah, the heat isn't ideal. You adapt and get conditioned to it, but I'd rather not. Summer biking season here takes some extra preparation as far as nutrition/hydration goes. I rode for 2 hours yesterday and went through almost a gallon of water, and probably sweat out more than I drank.

I really like the climate of somewhere like Flagstaff. In the summer its 70-80F during the day and 40-50F at night. Somewhere you can wear shorts during the day, but pants and maybe a jacket at night seems about perfect to me. I imagine Kelowna is something similar to that. You picked a good spot to land :)

How was the mountain the other day? I'm jealous you got a lift assist day!
I'll post in the MTN bike thread, great day.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Fuck anything less than 85 Murican degrees.

Y'all can keep that cold shit(anything less than 30 commie deg).

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
La Paix @BirdWatcher I actually resent your weather. Fucking beautiful most of the year, huh?
Imo yes. I genuinely love getting all four season clearly defined here. I grew up just outside Vancouver which is 4 hours west of me now and the weather is very different. In the summer here we average about 30 days with rain from June to Sept where Vancouver gets probably double or more. I see highs of 40+C mid summer and lows of -25C in winter (just going off memory) with good snowfalls which I enjoy.

I'd get bored living somewhere that it's hot or cold all year round. Good to keep hobbies mixed in as the seasons come and go.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
I grew up with Louisiana heat and humidity. I absolutely love the cold. Visited a friend in Saskatoon in January and was in heaven
Can't wait to see the smile melt off your face after a few proper Canadian winters.