General My dad doesn't believe in martial art but I do, help?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
I used to do martial art, but I've not for some years now. Anyway tonight, I asked my dad if he knows what an open palm strike is, and he didn't, so i told him "it's something from martial arts". And then he went back to the time i wrecked a car with a sword (2005), and more recently when i handed in my two swords, as if that somehow completely dismantles the whole Budo... help...

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Tell him you are going to demonstrate the open palm strike and then kick him in the balls.

Deception is key in martial arts. Let that be his first lesson.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I used to do martial art, but I've not for some years now. Anyway tonight, I asked my dad if he knows what an open palm strike is, and he didn't, so i told him "it's something from martial arts". And then he went back to the time i wrecked a car with a sword (2005), and more recently when i handed in my two swords, as if that somehow completely dismantles the whole Budo... help...
o_O

Karate chop him in the clavicle?

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Your dad has made it this far in life without martial arts knowledge...maybe it is better that way...Look what you have done with all your knowledge.

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
Your dad has made it this far in life without martial arts knowledge...maybe it is better that way...Look what you have done with all your knowledge.
Yes. You look at the things I have achieved=brought my wife and her daughter over from Kenya. Sorry but this supersedes anything else.

RaginCajun

Oct 25, 2015
Yes. You look at the things I have achieved=brought my wife and her daughter over from Kenya. Sorry but this supersedes anything else.
I guess your right, the legitimate thing to do is challenge your dad to a fight to the death. He will learn or perish.

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
I guess your right, the legitimate thing to do is challenge your dad to a fight to the death. He will learn or perish.
Yeah what a good idea? Steal away his remaining years, and mine as well! Someone award this expert a Gold star... like we are back at school!

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i dont see much choice here. you have to fight your dad . it is the foot fist way

RaginCajun

Oct 25, 2015
Yeah what a good idea? Steal away his remaining years, and mine as well! Someone award this expert a Gold star... like we are back at school!
Hey man, I am just trying to help. You didn't like my first advice about respecting your dad.

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
Show him this dangerous technique

I fought him before you know? He came in my flat and tried to steal one of my valuable documents. We had a little tussle, then when I asked him to leave, he got up towards me, but wouldn't step through the door... I ended the fight by dropping him like a bag of potatoes. He hasn't come in my flat since. Silly bugger.

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
Hey man, I am just trying to help. You didn't like my first advice about respecting your dad.
Good advice not to disrespect him. But the idea that my martial arts experience don't amount to Jack Sit, that was uncalled for.

Last edited: