My daughter is taking to BJJ ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Since my daughter was about 4 years old, I've noticed she has surprisingly good BJJ instincts. She and her brother have always wrestled around and I noticed early on she used to just organically have good base and it was hard for him to escape if she got on top, despite being a year and a half younger. Later my son wrestled for a couple years and she still was able to hold her own, which may have more to do with him than her, but it's just the way she moves that impressed me. Over the years I've shown her things in fits and starts, but she wasn't that interested.

Lately this has changed and she's suddenly interested, mostly so she can beat her bro because they're like Tackleberry's girlfriend's family in Police Academy. I started showing her things and already she's developed crushing pressure from side control, knee on belly and mount. Yesterday her brother tried to escape and couldn't and I ended up in a lot of pain drilling knee on belly with her. At the end she asked if we can make training a regular thing so now I'm gonna have to get my life together to show her a few things. Due to COVID, I'm not willing to let her train formally at a gym just yet and this may all go nowhere, but I have to admit it's pretty cool. I quit BJJ years ago and don't have much interest in it anymore, but it would be nice to have one of my kids do something athletic that I still think has value because I really hate going to the ball sports games that they play in. I also used to teach kids for years so it'll be nice to dust off that old curriculum. Given my current slovenly nature, my goal is to have my little femme Nikita capable of tapping me by the time she turns 13 next year.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Iirc Keenan Cornelius started becoming serious to get revenge on a sibling so maybe your daughter is on her path to becoming a world champion some day

T

The Big Guy

Hell yea that's great

Everyone (especially young women) should be able to walk around confident and able to defend themselves.

I just go hard and try to smash all the guys but I'm always a little more careful and technical with women trying not to use strength. I usually just let them attack and defend. I've never been tapped by a girl. Ever. But I did lose on points to a girl in a karate match. I'd fuck her up in a rematch tho

Only thing I dont like is I've rolled with women who wear perfume and it makes my gi stink. I'm not a fan of that. One old Brazilian lady who was more into losing weight than anything else (we were both over 200lbs) was partnered with me more than I would have liked and she was always soaked in perfume and I didnt have the heart to tell her to fuck off. She baked awesome snacks also

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Since my daughter was about 4 years old, I've noticed she has surprisingly good BJJ instincts. She and her brother have always wrestled around and I noticed early on she used to just organically have good base and it was hard for him to escape if she got on top, despite being a year and a half younger. Later my son wrestled for a couple years and she still was able to hold her own, which may have more to do with him than her, but it's just the way she moves that impressed me. Over the years I've shown her things in fits and starts, but she wasn't that interested.

Lately this has changed and she's suddenly interested, mostly so she can beat her bro because they're like Tackleberry's girlfriend's family in Police Academy. I started showing her things and already she's developed crushing pressure from side control, knee on belly and mount. Yesterday her brother tried to escape and couldn't and I ended up in a lot of pain drilling knee on belly with her. At the end she asked if we can make training a regular thing so now I'm gonna have to get my life together to show her a few things. Due to COVID, I'm not willing to let her train formally at a gym just yet and this may all go nowhere, but I have to admit it's pretty cool. I quit BJJ years ago and don't have much interest in it anymore, but it would be nice to have one of my kids do something athletic that I still think has value because I really hate going to the ball sports games that they play in. I also used to teach kids for years so it'll be nice to dust off that old curriculum. Given my current slovenly nature, my goal is to have my little femme Nikita capable of tapping me by the time she turns 13 next year.
that’s awesome man. I got two little girls, 3 & 6, and I’m definitely trying to push them both into taking it.

the oldest currently wants dance/cheerleading instead.

ronniejohnson09

Aug 2, 2022
That is great if she has good instincts for BJJ. Then you should take her to the BJJ class Immediately. She can excel in this field as well as she can defend herself and other girls during the situation of fight or flight.

lamarclark09

Oct 20, 2022
This is really great if your daughter is good at BJJ. Most people tried very hard to do their best in BJJ and later on quit, as you said she is an organismic athlete with potential so you must cheer her up and take her BJJ class as soon as possible. I think she’s become a pro in this field.