My Project: The World of Arcadia

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Figured I'd share with ya'll this thing I've been working on during my free time and see what you think:

The World of Arcadia

Right now it is just world building and lore. We'll see where it goes : )

If you like it, please share with anyone who might be interested.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
so in. i always hated you but now i love you

thats awesome. keep going! once i start earning enough to cover my bills, ill be a patron. this is very cool!

(jk about the former)

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
This is pretty impressive. Great story/world building. You are in the process of creating your own universe. Hespect.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
somebody has got a god complex

Kidding, that is kinda interesting...I even clicked on food to see what those freaks eat

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I still keep laughing every time I read that : )
im such a p**sy that it took me a minute before i committed to hitting send... and i also wanted to make the "jk" part in the smallest font... but referring back to the "im such a p*ss" part, i was scared u wouldnt see it lol

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
btw, im really into this stuff. i have a youtube channel that im growing right now mainly on game of thrones. but i cover other shit like westworld, and i plan on going into witcher when that comes out, going over MTVs shannara, etc

ive only got 14k subs right now, but fingers cross, ill get up to 100K+. if i ever do, and we can try to come up with a creative video to try to get peoples eyes on you page, because there's definitely some cross over fans (ASOIAF fans who would like your venture)

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
btw, im really into this stuff. i have a youtube channel that im growing right now mainly on game of thrones. but i cover other shit like westworld, and i plan on going into witcher when that comes out, going over MTVs shannara, etc

ive only got 14k subs right now, but fingers cross, ill get up to 100K+. if i ever do, and we can try to come up with a creative video to try to get peoples eyes on you page, because there's definitely some cross over fans (ASOIAF fans who would like your venture)
14k is fucking awesome. Post your channel so I can subscribe. I love watching GOT vids. I always check out Alt+Shift+X's stuff. You ever see his? English dude.

Doing cross-promo would be really great. Even to just the 14k, lol. Just gotta figure out how my mostly text site (art is fucking expensive btw) can translate.

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
somebody has got a god complex

Kidding, that is kinda interesting...I even clicked on food to see what those freaks eat
Lol, haven't updated the food page yet. I have so many fucking notes I've created over the years that is a really difficult task parsing all of it so that it is written for an audience. Also, I figure a slow roll-out would be best so I have things I can update. And I also have a seriously full-time job : )

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
14k is fucking awesome. Post your channel so I can subscribe. I love watching GOT vids. I always check out Alt+Shift+X's stuff. You ever see his? English dude.

Doing cross-promo would be really great. Even to just the 14k, lol. Just gotta figure out how my mostly text site (art is fucking expensive btw) can translate.
Since im new ans tryng hard to get to the point that I'm covering my monthly bills, I don't have much free time. Ergo, alt shit x is the only person I follow. Most other channels are pure clickbait or basic

My channel is bridge4

14k isn't nearly enough. But I got ike 5k in the last month. So I'm happy with the growth. Trying to get to 20k before thr season starts and hopefully 50k by the time it ends. And 100k+ by this time next year

Will be tough but I'm busting my ass 7 days a week unless im sick

Last edited:

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Here's my video from this morning. It's pretty simple yet it's doing well. 1O hours and 14k views. I didn't expect this one to perform like this. I just rushed it bc I didnt want to lose subscribers due to a silly "cats in yhe cradle" father's day video I released last night

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That is a top notch GOT video (and I have watched A LOT of them). Good work dude. Subscribed!

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Here's my video from this morning. It's pretty simple yet it's doing well. 1O hours and 14k views. I didn't expect this one to perform like this. I just rushed it bc I didnt want to lose subscribers due to a silly "cats in yhe cradle" father's day video I released last night
Epic. Subbed!

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Just checking out the map. Those poor fuckers you stuck on Thule! Or maybe not, I have no idea how they live. Just looked at the map for now LOL

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Just checking out the map. Those poor fuckers you stuck on Thule! Or maybe not, I have no idea how they live. Just looked at the map for now LOL
Hahaha. Don't worry about them. They are pricks : )

ACTUALLY, perhaps you guys could take 30 seconds to look at a style of map I was thinking of going with for a map upgrade. Please take my survey : )

Map Style Survey

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
FYI: the cartographer estimates the map will cost $400. I think I can swing it.

And thanks Team Bisping for taking the survey - I assume the new vote was you : )

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Hahaha. Don't worry about them. They are pricks : )

ACTUALLY, perhaps you guys could take 30 seconds to look at a style of map I was thinking of going with for a map upgrade. Please take my survey : )

Map Style Survey
thats awesome, the new style i definately like, it's a good stepping stone that would probably hold well for a while. Depending on what direction you take in the future, new style will make arcadia feel more refined. This project is pretty cool, i'm still reading through it, have you thought about doing a book based within this world? that would really help bring it life, but obviously a book is big commitment.

Another angle is to do expanded legends involving old clashes or wars. Kind of like how the world wars have impacted and defined us as a civilisation, maybe a page with stories from these wars / clashes. Though i haven't read through all your blogs yet. I just sent a request for the slack comm, think it'll be cool to share ideas. :)

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
thats awesome, the new style i definately like, it's a good stepping stone that would probably hold well for a while. Depending on what direction you take in the future, new style will make arcadia feel more refined. This project is pretty cool, i'm still reading through it, have you thought about doing a book based within this world? that would really help bring it life, but obviously a book is big commitment.

Another angle is to do expanded legends involving old clashes or wars. Kind of like how the world wars have impacted and defined us as a civilisation, maybe a page with stories from these wars / clashes. Though i haven't read through all your blogs yet. I just sent a request for the slack comm, think it'll be cool to share ideas. :)
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I actually have a shit ton of old history for the place that includes a bunch of battles and events that have shaped things currently. Some are hinted at in what has been posted so far: Marten's Conquest, The G'Atruian War, Mordak's consolidation of power within the Kren Empire, etc. I will eventually expand the History page to include all that stuff. This site is a lotta fuckin' work, lol.

I would love to do a book and the idea of slowly putting together artwork for all the pages is with that idea in mind. So let's keep our fingers crossed that the interest is there : )

And thanks for joining the Slack